Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six lbs from personal goal, normal BMI reached!

I had my gastric bypass on September 8, 2014. HW was 279. I'm 5' 7.5" tall. My current weight is 151 lbs. I look great and feel fantastic. This is the best decision I've ever made. It has changed my entire life.

post-19436-0-16503200-1427461211_thumb.jpg

Edited by KyrieAlaina

Are you sure that's not a picture of your Mom in the dress, and you in the black outfit? You look fabulous! Congratulations.

Sue

Lol! Thanks Sue, that is so sweet of you! I feel amazing :-)

Thanks Kacie, I can hardly believe it myself sometimes :)

Wow, you look fantastic! What a big difference, congratulations.

Thanks! I'm down to being just 2 lbs from goal now and super excited!

Hi all, I've had great success with my surgery... List 100 lbs in 10 months... But I've been drinking wine again and it scares me a bit. I'm wondering if I've changed my obsession with food to alcohol. I really never drank much, I always got horrible headaches. But I don't now. Anyone else having issues like this.

@ kyriealaina I have to agree with @@suemagoo OMG!!! IT IS UNBELIEVABLE you not only took off all those pounds but you also took off years!! That does look like a mother and daughter photo! Let me pick my jaw up off the floor!! WOW! KUDOS TO YOU!!

Edited by STARTING NEW

Congrats on your weight lost goal, you look great, keep up the great work and than you for sharing. I am continue to focus on one day at a time and still reaching for my goal.

Wow you have done great!

I'm a few months out from my surgery. Any advise or things you would have done different?

Thanks! I've reached my goal now and I'm even a couple of pounds under my goal and that is where I seem to be sticking without much fluctuation, so I'm staying with it.

Anything I would have done differently? Knowing what I know now, in the beginning I wouldn't have obsessed as much about every single pound. I wouldn't have checked the scale every single day, and I would have started the gym a little sooner than I did. I should have worried less and enjoyed the ride more. I also wish I hadn't started buying clothes so soon because now I have all these size 12s and 10s to get rid of on top of all the bigger sizes because now that I'm done I've settled into a size 5/6. So, that's the main things I can think of. Good luck with your surgery, it will change your life!

You look incredible... GREAT job!

Hi all, I've had great success with my surgery... List 100 lbs in 10 months... But I've been drinking wine again and it scares me a bit. I'm wondering if I've changed my obsession with food to alcohol. I really never drank much, I always got horrible headaches. But I don't now. Anyone else having issues like this.

I think you will get more responses if you start your own new thread - right now your post is buried in another topic. You are right to be concerned about trading one addiction for another. Usually when people do this it's because they have not dealt with the underlying reasons they overate in the first place. I was a huge stress eater, and ate especially to bury angry feelings that my EX refused to hear or acknowledge. I've been in therapy for 2 years to figure this out and deal with it before surgery. I hope you find some help!