Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused by this feeling!

I am so confused! I keep being told I can fit 150ml in my stomach of liquid or a small saucer of something like porridge ect but I don't seem to manage it! I am barely eating and drinking I am getting a pint in at most! When I drink I sip and I get to bout 4 sips and start getting wind noises and feel a bit sick so I am believing that shows I am full up! But people keep telling me I shud b able to have more than that! But I don't know if it is i am full or not

How far out are you?

I'm.the same way . I can eat 1/2 a pack of cream of wheat and a half of a banana and it has to be almost Soup like to get that in. I'm 3 weeks out and my stomach is the ruler. What it says goes. If I can't eat it I'm not. I'll save it for later. Right now we are still swollen inside. My stomach which loved Protein Shakes before cannot even stand a sip of them, anything with any artificial sweeteners.....um no! A as an experiment I haven't had any artificial sweeteners since last wed so I had a cup of sf jello...I ran to the bathroom in less than 5 minutes. And I took 2 immodium this morning and afternoon. I'll do my best and hopefully as I get better I'll get more in. I force the Water as it is.

Edited by kyrickchick64

14 days post op

That's why. Your tummy is really narrow because it's still swollen from surgery. It takes time, but you will be able to fit what you need to in there as you heal up and the swelling goes down. Completely normal. Just keep trying and stay hydrated!

Edited by Babbs

@@kyrickchick64 ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS. I cut them out last week and things are really looking up! I don't mess with them now. Never will again. They make my stomach foamy and my saliva slimy. NO MORE!!!

Um, 5 oz. at 14 days post-op seems like it would be impossible for anyone. Who is telling you you should be able to handle that?!?!!? At 14 days post-op, I was still being told to aim for 1 oz. (30 ml) of Fluid every 15 minutes.

A pint is 600ml - did you mean something else instead of pint?

The pint is over a 24 hour period

Ah, gotcha ☺

I'm 4 weeks post op and still eat about 4 tablespoons, I do not measure my ounces because when I do I get depressed. I just try to eat my food in small bites and sometimes it can take me awhile to eat. I try to eat scrambled eggs with some cheese which is really 1 egg and about a half ounce of cheese and it takes me about 40 minutes to eat it. I just focus hard on Protein and Water and try to make sure I get it all in. I feel full up in my chest too, not really in my stomach. I guess because I never felt full this is all new to me too. I think you are on track and doing well, I think I felt much better at 1 week and 1 day, so much so, I wrote it in my journal. Hang in there, it will change daily and you will start feeling better. <3

I'm 4 weeks post op and still eat about 4 tablespoons, I do not measure my ounces because when I do I get depressed. I just try to eat my food in small bites and sometimes it can take me awhile to eat. I try to eat scrambled eggs with some cheese which is really 1 egg and about a half ounce of cheese and it takes me about 40 minutes to eat it. I just focus hard on Protein and Water and try to make sure I get it all in. I feel full up in my chest too, not really in my stomach. I guess because I never felt full this is all new to me too. I think you are on track and doing well, I think I felt much better at 1 week and 1 day, so much so, I wrote it in my journal. Hang in there, it will change daily and you will start feeling better. <3

I'm 2 weeks post op now and still feel unwell, extreme exhaustion, feel sick, trying new things like Weetabix and I am gonna try scrambled egg soon but it's just a case of too exhausted to try

@@Hertsukfem31, I know it seems so hard but the more you try to push yourself, the better you will do, I went to work after 2 weeks and I just went to bed at about 7:30 but I made sure I did my Protein and took Water to bed with me so I could sip each time I woke, I do still feel sick but... I know it is so hard, so so hard but it gets better really. I found a Protein Drink at costco for 18 dollars premade in little cartons that were 30 grams each. Choke 2 down and you are golden! :), I just try to make it a game now because food is of no interest to me.

It is so hard to help someone when they have these problems because we are all so different but in many ways we are all the same. I read stories and see myself in every one of them, I hope those that feel ill start feeling better and if you look around, you may be able to help someone else going through the same issues. I did regret what I did but I am learning to not regret it and accept it. Love to you all.

It is so hard to help someone when they have these problems because we are all so different but in many ways we are all the same. I read stories and see myself in every one of them, I hope those that feel ill start feeling better and if you look around, you may be able to help someone else going through the same issues. I did regret what I did but I am learning to not regret it and accept it. Love to you all.

I agree completely I regret it but it's cause I am not happy with the fact I now can't "eat myself happy" we have a support group once a month where I had mine done so I am going to go to that and mayb talk it through