Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cry. It's ok. It's normal to be emotional and upset and hangry. The time will pass, you will survive and it WILL be worth it.

You can do this. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one moment at a time.

Yea I am trying to be strong! I have depression and I can feel it is unsettled, I just wana eat and I can't! I Wudnt care if it was something like a salad but I can't and I am miserable as I used to comfort eat

You CAN. It's one of the trade offs when we decide to let them cut out our stomach to get healthy. Drink your Protein and know that at least part of what you're feeling is due to all the crap (hormones and toxins stored in your fat cells) that is rapidly leaving your body. That part will pass. Keep an eye on the prize of your health. You need to heal before you're ready to eat even soft foods. You'll get there. Hangry is a really good word for it!

You are in a very hard period of recovery and your emotions completely normal! Not only are you making big changes, you lost your emotional crutch ( food), and as you burn fat estrogen is being released in mass quantities. It is a triple whammy. You have to find your way of coping now. It can be walking, meditating, indoor exercise bike, dancing, journaling, etc.

Are you currently on an antidepressant? If so, talk to the provider who prescribes it for you to see if you may need an adjustment to the dosage until you get to a better place. If you don't take one, it might be worth talking to your doc and see if one might be appropriate right now.

Is there a counselor or psychiatrist available to talk to with your bariatric program? That might be another resource to consider.

You are doing great and are in one of the hardest phases post op. Please feel free to talk to us here also. We have all been there and understand how you feel. I hope you feel better soon!

I was having issues with some major reflux after surgery, so each time I would go into the doctor in hopes he would progress me to the next stage, I was told "2 more weeks on liquids to see if we can get this reflux under control"...

That went on for SIX WEEKS. Not gonna lie...it SUCKED.

I got through it, and you can too! Hang in there! You can do it!

Thank you everyone! I am really struggling! I am on anti depressants already and I can have Soups and a small amount of ice cream if needed, today I have had half a slim fast shake, half a build up shake, 50g ice cream and a tin of Tomato Soup and I am still starving!

I had to restart my 2 weeks on Tuesday as I was taken back into the hospital due to not being able to keep anything down

Hertsukfem31.......i would be willing to bet my last dime that your head is telling you that you are hungry and NOT your stomach!!! Its been almost 5 months since my surgery and I still cannot tell when my stomach is telling me that I am hungry. It's all in my head!! Remember that they cut out 80% of your stomach.....not your brain!! Our stomachs didnt make us obese.....our heads and emotions did. Keep your chin and head held up HIGH!! You will get through this and be a MAJOR SUCESS!!!

Yea I am (was) very much a comfort eater so I expect it is my head it just doesn't feel that way

And trying to explain it to people who haven't had this done just ends up in arguments cause they don't get it and think I am having ago!

We have all been there and understand. Others don't and won't ever get it. Are you sure your not experiencing heart burn or acid reflux. I know the Tomato Soup definitely would do it for me. That may be the feeling you are having and not actual hunger. Try an antacid to settle that poor swollen tummy. Take it day by day and it WILL get better and be worth it. I am 15 months out and 111 lbs down. 5'2" starting at 253 and currently 142 ????.

I am on day 3 of the liquid diet in pre-op. I too am struggling emotionally. It really is not the hunger, I feel like I have lost my best friend. I really just don't know what to do with myself. Feeling anxious.

Thank you everyone! I am really struggling! I am on anti depressants already and I can have Soups and a small amount of ice cream if needed, today I have had half a slim fast shake, half a build up shake, 50g ice cream and a tin of Tomato Soup and I am still starving!

I had to restart my 2 weeks on Tuesday as I was taken back into the hospital due to not being able to keep anything down

Hang in there! I know it's hard, but if you are already having trouble keeping things down on full liquids, you really don't want to rush advancing to the next stage. Your tummy needs to heal. Try coming up with non food activities to do. Eventually this will all be a thing of the past. Also stop wasting your breath trying to convince those who do not get it. It will do nothing but frustrate you even more.

Hang in there! I know it's hard, but if you are already having trouble keeping things down on full liquids, you really don't want to rush advancing to the next stage. Your tummy needs to heal. Try coming up with non food activities to do. Eventually this will all be a thing of the past. Also stop wasting your breath trying to convince those who do not get it. It will do nothing but frustrate you even more.

I know I am trying to be strong I wouldn't cheat or do anything silly like eat when I haven't been told I can but its just so upsetting!

I am trying to explain to my mum bout it as she can't understand why I am not happy as I have lost 40lb since the start of my pre op and I am over the moon I have lost that I have another 150 to go but to b 40lb down is amazing! But it's still so difficult