Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I only have to make it through one more day before my surgery on FRIDAY! I've waited months for this and can't believe the time is finally here.

I'm ready. Bags are packed, everything is done except getting on the plane and getting to the hospital. (I'm having a Mini Gastric Bypass with Dr. Jose Rodriguez).

Thoughts and prayers would definitely be appreciated. :)

Edited by Okiebon

Thank you, everyone.

I can't wait to hear how it went ! Wishing you all the best !! Please post updates when you can :)

I only have to make it through one more day before my surgery on FRIDAY! I've waited months for this and can't believe the time is finally here.

I'm ready. Bags are packed, everything is done except getting on the plane and getting to the hospital. (I'm having a Mini Gastric Bypass with Dr. Jose Rodriguez).

Thoughts and prayers would definitely be appreciated. :)

i

I can't wait to hear how things went....I've been praying for you and hope your recovery is speedy!!

I'm home and feeling good!

Everything went very well, especially after meeting Dr. Rodriguez. He has such a calm, comforting, confidence about him and he's so nice and patient with everyone. I couldn't help but feel that I was going to be in great hands.

I had no/very little gas pain, no nausea or other issues. I am sore especially around the incisions but that's already much better. When I woke up in my room after surgery, I was able to get out of bed on my own to move around. A couple of ladies there getting sleeves had quite a bit of gas pain and threw up several times. I don't know if I just got lucky or if it because I had an MGB done.

My first meal was about four teaspoons of broth, four of Jello, a few sips of juice and some ice chips. And I was full! For dinner tonight I had 8oz unjury chicken broth and a small container of sugar free Jello. So far everything's gone down without problem and I'm getting plenty of fluids. I've been taking my regular meds, pills and capsules, no problem. Today I started on my bariatric Vitamins and extra Calcium.

The drive from the airport to hospital, and then back, was uneventful. I saw nothing concerning during the ride.

Mary Anne, Dr. Rodriguez' assistant, will meet you in the admitting office to translate and take you to your room. She'll leave her phone number so you can call her with any questions or problems.

Communicating with the nurses was very frustrating a couple of times. I highly recommend keeping the translation sheet they give you nearby.

Sergio, who heads up the shuttle service contracted by the hospital, picked me up early at the hospital on Monday and offered to stop at a neat histories and let me do some shopping. Of course I said yes! I got some woven bags, a couple if nicknames and a gorgeous turquoise pendant. If I had felt a little more chipped, and had a way to get everything home, I would've bought some rugs and a few other things. The prices were great.

I hope this helps you. You'll be in excellent hands with Dr. Rodriguez.

Please let me know how everything goes for you. Best wishes!