Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 3 years ago, I have lost a total of 125 lbs and gained 30 back in the last 6 months. I had a really bad stomach bug that lasted 3 days and my Dr was scared I would slip from all the puking so they unfilled my band and I found out real quick that I NEEEEED my band!! lol. I gained 25 pounds because well I love food and I love to eat and I did just that.. and stopped going to the gym. I know, I won't make excuses it was all me lol. Anyway I started going back to the gym got some Fluid back in and was on a roll them BOOM sick as a dog for almost 3 weeks and found out that I was pregnant!!! I have PCOS and endometriosis so to be pregnant and not have been on all kind of meds is a MIRACLE. Anyway my little miracle has been growing for 7 weeks today. Had my 1st ultrasound at 6 weeks bc I am considered high risk and had a bloated ovum a few years ago and just wanted to make sure I was actually pregnant. Anyway all is well and healthy and I could not be any more excited!!! I am well aware of the risk of mc again and don't need any reminders of that. What I do need from you guys is any other banders preggo or already delivered. Did you get an unfill? When did you know you needed any unfil? I have a 14 cc band and I am currently at 8 ccs. the bariatric clinic says as long as I can get my Protein not to get an unfil until I needed it. But my band feels crazy tight and I wonder should I just get some out or do I just get it all unfilled again. I'm sick all day, not just in the morning so nothing sounds good right now except fresh fruit but I hope and pray I get lucky and this goes away after 2nd trimester arrives. If I get lucky I don't want to be so greedy that I gain a ton of weight. As my last 6 months showed I like to eat good food lol.

anyway share your story thanks for reading my short novel lol....

I don't have any advice - there are others who can provide that - but I just wanted to say congratulations! So happy for you. You will be able to set a wonderful example for your wee one to be the healthiest you you can be. Congrats!

First of all... Congrats!

If you are super tight to the point of being uncomfortable, stuck a lot, having acid reflux, or not able to eat at least 1200 calories THEN you should get at least a small unfill to relieve some of that pain and get the nutrition your baby needs.

I got small unfill for both pregnancies (currently pregnant with #2) due to major swelling and not be able to eat food without it feeling stuck in my chest all day long. I also had really bad reflux at night. I only had to get 1.5 cc taken out this time to help that pain and I've done okay so far. I'm eating what I want to a point but its not to the extent I was pre-band. I'm 13 weeks and I've gained probably about 5 lbs total so far. Last pregnancy I had 4 cc's out and gained 60 lbs by the end, so I'm really trying to NOT do that again!

Good luck!

I am 11 weeks today!!! Wierd because this was not planned and my only child is 19...lol...I have not gotten unbanded or all my Fluid taken out. I have been vomiting a lot and I am unsure if it is because of morning sickness or that "stuck" feeling. The bad thing is that i have already gained 16 pounds, so now I am back up to 290 (that dreaded 300 lb mark is soooo scary to see again). I cannot go backwards!!! I have to figure out a way to give in to my cravings without eating the "bad" foods. I have started making smoothies in the mornings, taking healthy Snacks to work and not stopping by fast food restaurants. I am also considered high risk because of the band, my age (38) and my weight.

Edited by lonnilon33

I got unfilled pretty soon after finding out I was pg. I regret it totally. I've gained far too much and let myself eat whatever I wanted. Now I have gestational diabetes. I wonder if I would if I had stayed banded. I was afraid I'd have morning sickness, but I've not had even one episode of it!! Also, I don't have ANY heartburn or gasto issues like I did with my daughter before banding.

I'm 29 weeks as of tomorrow morning. How far along are you guys? My port is occasionally achy, and I have just the slightest (only visible to me) protrusion at my belly button port site.

FYI: My diabetes doc says avoid milk and fruit in the morning, as preggo hormones are strong in the morning and can raise blood sugar (then cause a crash). They encourage low carb meals for Breakfast (eggs, one toast with PB), then a bigger meal at the end of the day. Also a snack right before sleeping. Just interesting because it's not what I expected.

Congrats! Im almost 24 weeks and had to get all my Fluid out at 16 weeks. I have not gained any weight at all I've actually lost about 18 lbs but I've also been sick with nausea, kidney stones, and I had my gallbladder removed at 18 weeks. I was told as you get bigger things inside swell and makes the lapband tighter so if you're in the green the basically you will be pushed to red. I had my lapband April 2013 and got pregnant in December 2014 :-) getting the fluid out I thought was going to be awful and I would gain 50 in the first month lol but it wasn't the case. Maybe you won't gain because you will be conscious of your fluid not being in and what you put in your mouth.

I am 33w now. I'm definitely not in the red or yellow. I could eat just about anything. I'm so hungry all the time. My problem now is that my belly is pressed so tight that my port area is numb and tender to the touch. I'm sure it's from muscles pulling around it. I see my OB on Monday and if it really starts to hurt worse I'll go see my Lap Band doc.

I super regret getting my band unfilled. I HAVE gained 50 lbs so far. :( It all seems to be in my belly...and ankles. LOL

My port area is getting sore too. My port is very noticeably up farther than its original position, but it hurts where it used to be (if that make sense). Not sure if it's just stretching pains or my port. I'm a little worried it's going to try to flip or something. I had no issues last time! I am growing faster than before so that might have something to do with it. Gained about 30 lbs so far and halfway through my pregnancy. I'm calling that a win. I was up 60 by the end with #1. 2 months ago I gained 10 lbs, last month only 3! My body is annoying sometimes :)

All my weight is in my hips and stomach and ass, lol. This is not abnormal though!

I'm glad my port is above my left breast so that I don't have that problem. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is for yall that have your port in your stomach

My port is above my left breast towards my underarm. I can only imagine how uncomfortable y'alls is :(

Did you happen to get yours done by Dr. Bagnato?

I sure did !! You must live near me :) I don't live in Macon but I work in Macon

I'm actually in warner robins but I went to him for my surgery :-) I believe that's his signature lol! I know one thing its nice to have it where he puts it when you get pregnant. I haven't had a bit of problem with my port thank goodness. How are you doing with your surgery? How long have you had the lapband?

I had mind about a year and a half ago and have done pretty good. Lost around 70 lbs and had about 30 more to go. I had kinda stalled with my weight loss and then bam I was pregnant. How have you done with yours ? A friend of mine got a sleeve done and she has done excellent ! Makes me a little jealous because she got off the surgery table and was ready to go as where we have to get fills over time and the progress was much slower. Either way hands down the best decision ive ever made.

I have had mine over 2 years and I'm down about 125 now. I like having to go back for fills because you have to go see them it makes me feel more comfortable for some reason and I agree the progress is slow but my skin has had time to tighten over the amount of time it has taken me. I have about 80 more that I want to lose then ill be maintaining. I'm wondering how breastfeeding is going to effect my weightloss. I keep getting told you have to eat a lot and drink a lot....well its hard to do both unless you plan everything out I guess that's what Im going to have to do. How far along are you with your pregnancy?