Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

So, I'm getting closer and closer to the point where I get on a plane to fly to Mississauga for my lapband surgery. I'll be spending my milestone 30th birthday on liquids! But hey, it will all be worth it in the end. Anyway, the point of this post is I'm actually looking for people who may lifebe having the surgery done soon or who have recently had it done. I think it would be nice to have some "Buddies", so to speak. I'm nervous as can be and this will be the biggest and hardest thing I've had to do thus far in my life.

I'll be starting my pre-op diet on April 9th and my surgery is scheduled for April 29th. I know it's just under a month and a half away, but time really goes by fast.

If you're looking for sort of the same thing, or just someone to bounce ideas and tips off of, then let me know. It would be really nice to have some people to turn to. :)

xo

@@InkedLexeme congrats on taking the first step! I'm not a "newbie" anymore (banded in Nov) but what is so great about this forum is that you get to meet people in all stages of this process. Believe me - I am still very much in this learning curve. For the record, though, I LOVED turning 30 and I think it is so exciting that you get to Celebrate that milestone with this milestone - changing your life. Talk about rocking a new decade. also? I'm a tat afficianado so your post made me smile. :-)

Hi there! I'm scheduled for the 16th and I'm very excited and a little nervous. I don't have to do the 10-14 day liquid diet...she only does that in those with BMI's 45 or higher. My liver labs and chol are low as well (got some good genes with the bad ;) ).

I'll be a band buddie with you if you want. I have 100 to loose, have lost 20 on the 5 mon diet plan. I've been doing tons of research and reading to prepare myself. Bought my magic bullet mixer, several Protein mixes and just ordered appetizer size forks and spoons. I know I take too big of bites now!! I'm hoping these help.

We can do this!!! ????

Hi there! I'm scheduled for the 16th and I'm very excited and a little nervous. I don't have to do the 10-14 day liquid diet...she only does that in those with BMI's 45 or higher. My liver labs and chol are low as well (got some good genes with the bad ;) ).

I'll be a band buddie with you if you want. I have 100 to loose, have lost 20 on the 5 mon diet plan. I've been doing tons of research and reading to prepare myself. Bought my magic bullet mixer, several Protein mixes and just ordered appetizer size forks and spoons. I know I take too big of bites now!! I'm hoping these help.

We can do this!!! ????

I'll be a band buddie with you if you want. I have 100 to loose, have lost 20 on the 5 mon diet plan. I've been doing tons of research and reading to prepare myself. Bought my magic bullet mixer, several protein mixes and just ordered appetizer size forks and spoons. I know I take too big of bites now!! I'm hoping these help.

We can do this!!!

Hello, I also am scheduled for lap band surgery on April 16th. Just starting the 2 week diet this morning, having a cup of Decaf tea! Going to miss the coffee. BMI under 45 also, but all patients have to do the pre-op diet. Am excited and nervous too, just like you. Would love to have you as a buddie, we could be on a one on one thingy! I too have to lose 100 pounds.

Edited by Peggypja

Hello, I also am scheduled for lap band surgery on April 16th. Just starting the 2 week diet this morning, having a cup of Decaf tea! Going to miss the coffee. BMI under 45 also, but all patients have to do the pre-op diet. Am excited and nervous too, just like you. Would love to have you as a buddie, we could be on a one on one thingy! I too have to lose 100 pounds.

Awesome Peggy! I almost wish she made do the 10 day thing...it worries me not too!! But I trust my surgeon. We will be twins through this :) What area are you from? I'm from Pittsburgh Pa

Hi kwcmp,

I'm from Tinley Park, Il, a suburb of Chicago. We live 30 south of downtown Chicago. Recently purchased a home in Citrus Springs, Fl and plan on making that our permanent residence in about a year or so. Hoping my BMI surgeon can find me a good doctor it there!

Looking forward to this surgery as I have COPD and maybe losing some of this FLUFF will help my breathing. I know it will as I have lost weight on my own in the past and it helped considerably.

Anyway, I am 67 years young and my husband, Ed, is having the sleeve surgery done on the 27th. Will be taking care of the both of us and thank goodness we eat the same foods before and after surgery.

Looking forward to having you as a buddy!

Edited by Peggypja

Hi kwcmp,

I replied to the email that notified me that you replied...did you get it?

Nope :/. It's probably set up to not connect folks. You can email me at

kwacdra at gmail dot com

Hi Hoppy5! You will be one week ahead of Peggy and I. How has the liquid diet gone? At this point I'm excited nervous but I'm sure closer to the date I'll just be nervous!! What is your main concern?

Kristi

Hi Hoppy 5,

So your on the 2 week liquid diet too, so is me, I mean...woe is me! Finished day 1 yesterday and am really looking forward to the next 13, yeah, right!

Since your having the surgery 1 week before Kristi and I you can keep us posted on the happenings afterwards. Don't be nervous, you'll be fine. Wishing you luck and will be thinking of you on the 9th.

Peggy

Hi there, pre-op was hard but for the first time I knew that the weight lost would be gone forever. Before my band I could take it off but it would come back plus some. Good luck all with your upcoming surgeries. I love my band!

Thanks Bandista,

Need all the encouraging words we can get! Wow, congrats on your weight loss since Nov. I'm hoping to love my band too.

Peggy

What do all of your pre-op diets consist of? Mine consists of three Protein Shakes (smartshape shakes from minogue medical) and a maximum of 250 calories a day of low glycemic vegetables.. and Water. I have to read my guidelines a little closer, but I think I might be able to put some sugarfree Torani Syrup in my Protein shakes to make them taste a bit better.

Mine consist of 2 Protein shakes a day, supplied by my doctor, 64 oz. of Water, the shakes are my Breakfast and lunch, thus far. 4 oz. of meat, I chose salmon, and 1/2 cup vegetables, broccoli, green Beans, cauliflower, spinach and I think that's it on the greens. sugar free Jello, broth, sugar free Popsicles for in between meal Snacks. Could have 4 oz. of meat, veal, turkey, chicken and any kind of fish. Can also have eggs for Breakfast, in lieu of the shake, but then that would be my one meal that day, would rather save it for dinner! Can also have cheese.

Pretty glim, but today is a begetter day. Good luck with your menu.

Peggy

Better day, not begetter!