Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all! So I'm about 2 month out and have lost almost thirty pounds- but I am falling back into some bad habits. I don't have trouble eating anything- sweet, spicy,salty whatever it is, I can eat it. Honestly, I kind of wish I did have/feel more restriction because sometimes I just pop things in my mouth and there is no instant consequence except for guilt. Need some motivation and advice to get out of this slump. I did this surgery for a reason and I seem to have gotten sidetracked. Any advice for those who have fallen off the horse?

I think your weight loss will stop if you don't get back to basics.

Lucky you!! I'm one of the SLOW losers!!! I doubt I'll lose 20 pounds in 2 months

I have also been bad on fruits because for some reason i crave them im about 3 weeks post op and i cant helped it but to eat fruits .... I seen like not loosing weight and when i was in liquid diet i lost 24 pounds in a week now it just same weight which it sucks .... I see how u feel even though its fruits i feel very guilty too most of times.... What im trying to do now its everytime i feel like eating i just go to the fridge and get a block of ice to entretain myself ..

My problem hasn't been fruit, it's been sliders. But after a 2 week, "dreaded 3 week stall", I decided that this was more important than the moment of satisfaction I got from eating the wrong thing! I'm back on track now and hope to stay that way! You just need to make up your mind if this is worth it, if YOU"RE worth it! You know the answer as well as I do!!! Let's do this!!!

I just had some Peanut Butter (which I know I shouldn't have) and I am totally regretting it. I threw it away and I'm not going to do it again. Although I feel badly about it I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Tomorrow is a new day. Try to stay to the plan as much as possible and think about why you strayed. I strayed because I thought I could handle having a tablespoon but I can't. I have an addiction to food. I will never be able to just have a taste of something bad. I have to work to accept it. Good luck to you!

Honestly. You just have to get rid of the things that you know you can not control yourself around. All of it. Period. Dot. The end.

WLS does not control our addiction to food....it only controls how much of it we can eat at a time. So we have to decide what can and can not be in our homes and offices. Its hard as hell but you can do it!

I have a very physically active 13 yr old son in the house with a healthy body weight and a healthy appetite to go with it. He eats constantly! I have a cupboard with a huge bowl of snack food for him to eat as he pleases. I only fill it with stuff that upsets my stomach or things that have never appealed to me. He has complained lately that I haven't been buying the chocolate covered granola bars he loves.....I told him he can have those at his dads or school, they will never occupy space in our house again! He is learning to live with the change....and he is surviving! And he is eating more fruit and vegetables also! Change is good for everyone!

Thank you so so much for your support .... And im glad im able to be part of this support group just reading all this give me motivation and strenght ... Its true we all need to cut off completly now because i seen people that will get comfortable with getting skinny then go bad to bad habits im cutting rice and everything bad from my new healthy life now ????????????????