Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! I am desperately needing support!

I had my surgery New Years Eve and have lost 35 pounds. need about another 75 to 80. Due to severe back problems I have not been able to exercise, even walking is not an option. The last few days I have wanted to eat anything that won't eat me. & I have eaten a lot of things I shouldn't. or rather I have been eating too much. Not a lot at one time. but, I know my head is in the wrong place. I don't know the protocol as far as exchanging phone numbers and calling or texting. it's like, I feel like I need an AA sponsor.

I know this is hard!!!!! Try and remember everything that you have been through and maybe put notes up to remind yourself to stay focused! I put a picture up of myself in the kitchen and I can't stand it! It helps, sometimes. Then I chew gum while looking at my picture....uuuugggghhhhhh!!!!!!The other times I will try and think of new ways to make the very unhealthy good tasting food I crave in a healthier version. :D

I had my surgery New Years Eve and have lost 35 pounds. need about another 75 to 80. Due to severe back problems I have not been able to exercise, even walking is not an option. The last few days I have wanted to eat anything that won't eat me. & I have eaten a lot of things I shouldn't. or rather I have been eating too much. Not a lot at one time. but, I know my head is in the wrong place. I don't know the protocol as far as exchanging phone numbers and calling or texting. it's like, I feel like I need an AA sponsor.

Thank you. I think I may be over the worst of it. I am always my own worst enemy which is what got me here in the first place. I love vegetable and once I get the Protein in there isn't a lot of room for them. I'm getting frustrated with trying to get in 65 grams of protein on A 600 to 700 calorie plan. I add Protein Powder to everything I can. but I am also a carb addict and have indulged in Wheat Thins, popcorn and chex mix. if you can give me a healthy substitution for those I will be forever in your debt. these were all purchased before my surgery. I wish I could just catch them all but my husband would not agree. I keep a journal of everything I eat and I am honest. I guess I just need to know that I am NOT the only person to have experienced moments of weakness.

I am so with you. I have experienced plenty of weakness!!!!! Okay, we have to be realistic. We are not going to be able to not ever snack or eat. We do have to find alternatives. All of the Snacks you listed, ILOVE!!!!! The chex mix I love cheddar flavored. I tried to make it healthier. I used whole wheat chex mix, J and D's bacon and salt cheddar powder 5 calories only 110 sodium 0 everything else.Throw in some fat free pretzels, and some nuts.Popcorn I eat orville Redenbacher whole grain it is so good to me.It is healthy and low fat. Urben accents butter popcorn seasoning for extra flavor all natural and healthy low calorie. I get the seasonings from Amazon. Wheat thins I really do t eat anymore. When I did it was reduced fat and only a serving. If I can help more please talk to me anytime. We are all going to go through our struggles and temptations. We just can't give in all the time. We will sometimes but we just have to pick ourselves up and keep trying. We only live once. We have to make the best of it and never give up! We can do this! :D ;) :lol: :P

Thank you. I think I may be over the worst of it. I am always my own worst enemy which is what got me here in the first place. I love vegetable and once I get the Protein in there isn't a lot of room for them. I'm getting frustrated with trying to get in 65 grams of Protein on A 600 to 700 calorie plan. I add protein powder to everything I can. but I am also a carb addict and have indulged in Wheat Thins, popcorn and chex mix. if you can give me a healthy substitution for those I will be forever in your debt. these were all purchased before my surgery. I wish I could just catch them all but my husband would not agree. I keep a journal of everything I eat and I am honest. I guess I just need to know that I am NOT the only person to have experienced moments of weakness.

I really should use my notebook instead of my phone, but it's so much easier just to reach over and grab my phone☎☎☎

So, how would you feel about continuing this with email? my email address is sharpita@hotmail.com

As for my hair... No one who sees my picture believes it is me. that has been fun. I have been blonde many times but have not been this short since my freshman year of college.

So many people around here have been so so sick. my one daughter in law who is a nurse had bronchitis pneumonia and influenza B all at the same time. she is terrible about taking care of herself. I am going over tomorrow to watch the ku game

I hope she is much better. We are taking the kids to a really fun sports bar / restaurant to watch the game. I am NOT a huge sports fanatic except when it comes to Kansas basketball.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to respond quickly. This is supposed to be good for us both, not a drudge.????

I learned a valuable lesson last night. it is possible to overeat. we were watching TV and I got a bowl, A small bowl, of beef Jerky and almonds which I intended to share with my husband. Over the course of a couple of hours, I ate the whole thing. When I got up this morning the scale said I was up two pounds which I am sure is from all of the salt. I am NOT discouraged. I just know now that there are still new lessons to learn.???????????????????? and I am a notoriously slow learner.

Have you guys been hit by all of this horrible weather on the East Coast? we haven't had nearly as much snow as normal. we even had a couple of days in the seventies and eighties. Unfortunately it is now back down in the forties and fifties and gloomy. I want some warmth and sunshine so I can get out and work in the yard.

Did I tell you I figured out a way to sleep on my back that has relieve the pain? I have never been able to sleep on my back but I am doing okay with it.

I'm not sure when adam and Ethan are coming. Adam is receiving a big promotion on Friday so it may be a week or two. I hope they will bring my grandpuppy Kye. We are such animal nuts.????????.

We are planning a vacation in October to North Carolina. my husband is a real homeboddy and does not enjoy flying so we don't do a alot of long distance vacations. Usually I go visit the kids fairly often and we take a real vacation every couple of years. Where do you usually go?

I guess I have carried on enough for now. I really hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care

Did anyone else here test positive for H. Pylori before surgery??

Hey girl! How are you feeling? if you have the same gunk everyone around here has had, it can take forever to get over. hope you're better.

Well, you have officially been a bad influence. I had coffee on Saturday and didn't put the coffee maker away, so I had coffee again on Sunday. got up this morning look at the coffee maker and thought... What the heck it hasn't hurt me so far. so now I'm having coffee on Monday. I still love my T but not as much as my coffee. Lol

The weather is finally beautiful here. For as long as it lasts. It could snow next week. But I think I am going to change my outdoor weed and other decor. anything to stay busy.

The nerve pain in my hips and legs has moved into my right shoulder down to my hand. I am really anxious to see the doctor April 1st. I'm now sure it has nothing to do with my surgery. who knows... Hopefully this doctor can figure it out. I don't see my surgeon again until mid-april. hope he is happy with my weight loss. I wish I had lost more but it is what it is.

@@kimmeesue, Get off the carbs ASAP and keep your Snacks in the Protein family (meat, cheese, Jerky, nuts, Greek yogurt). They're satisfying, and won't set you back too badly, no matter how much you eat. And drink tons of fluid! Hunger is often thirst in disguise. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm back on track after a one-day relapse. my husband sat and ate wheat tbins yesterday and they didn't even look good

I am keeping the house stocked with all of the Proteins you mentioned. I don't know if I will ever truly get over my carb addiction but I am learning to manage it. I had been craving toast so I took half of a piece of garlic and herb flatbread, divided that in half and toasted it.it was amazing with my poached eggs. I still got the feeling and a ton of flavor. so I am learning, albeit slowly.

Just throwing this out here..i was a carb addict also..that changed. Do i have my weak moments? You bet!! BUT..i told my hubs he'll have to HIDE his junk if wants to eat it. Somewhere i can't find it. The saying out of sight out of mind not so much with me but if its not within reach then the moment of that craving passes but keep your Protein easy access! As mentioned above..keep it foremost and its more satisfying and filling! Its hard i know! But our choices will determine our success in most cases..I'm 8 months PO i keep raw pecans, carbmaster yogurt or any organic low sugar yogurt around, cheese sticks, and i do my organic turkey lunchtime and use either cheese stix or i even use cream cheese as a rollup..maybe this will help ya! Definitely get off the junk carbs i can't have the carbs like these for after reaching goal..it will definitely back fire! Hang in there..???? make some adjustments..

it really helps to know other people have this same struggle. I know this will be a lifelong issue for me. after my parents divorced when I was to one of my grandmothers, who had weight problems herself, thought the best way to show love was with food... And not healthy food. I can remember her packing the backseat of the car with enough food for a week for a three hour drive. 1 pound Hershey bars for a 5 year old... You get the drift. then this same grandmother would berate me as a teenager for being 10 pounds overweight. thus began my lifelong issue with food, Body Issue, self esteem, etc. I actually didn't blend to my highest of 289 pinsI married my second husband who treated me with love and respect. but shortly after I developed serious health issues and used food, once again, for comfort.

I grew up with the ole saying (plz no one get offended!!!) i would cut my crust off bread and it was "do you no theres starving children in the world who would give anything to have that"..and "your not leaving this table till your plates cleaned up"..we were fed with this and fed with that. I didn't have a weight issue till i got out of high school. I was 110 pds for most part till then..i grew up on a garden..it was healthy but the biscuits and gravy and the pancakes and mashed potatoes and mac and cheese all of the comfort i understand...mom made cobbler and pies so did grandma..sorry for listening these foods on a new lifestyle site but i had to reprogram my thinking and foods are so processed the past 20 plus yrs really takes a toll and I've had to relearn what the wrong choices were and replace..i was a carb sugar addict..but i learned i could still have treats but with different ingredients but i also learned fir me the foods that got me where i was so for me its something I've worked hard on the past 2 yrs and now its second nature. It will get easier take day to day. I've learned to appreciate my tummy and learned to love myself again and it has made a difference..you'll see..,i did turn to help over the yrs and learned how to stop being a slave to my emotions. Iv been thru a divorce personally and it took its toll on me. Thats in my past ..move foreword! This is a great support site..its helped me alot learned alot and i try to pay it forward with my journey and experience..????

I think it is safe to say that none of us get here by choice. certainly by making bad choices but not with the goal of becoming overweight with the health problems and complications. I think the best thing for me is finding this site and knowing that not only am I not alone in this, but that there really is a way out of the nightmare.I wish that I had made this decision soonerbut maybe I wasn't ready. for the most part I am NOT struggling too hard... Yet. lol!

I have to look at this, not just one day at a time, one meal at a time. to be a unit each time I make it through A fay successfully it makes the next day that much easier. I think my biggest problems is being impatient. I want to see huge results overnight. Sigh...