Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraged...

I was banded 6-11-2014. So far i've lost 38 lbs. I haven't been seen or had a fill since August. I had to start paying out of pocket. I would of at least liked follow up appointments to see my progress and just make sure everything is good with the band. I fell off my exercise routine and i keep up with my diet here and there. Its no ones fault but my own. If i knew the extent of the how high maintenance the band was, i think i would of opted for the sleeve.

I recently received a 6,000 dollar bill for my lap band. apparently my insurance didn't cover it when i was told it was. The clinic i was going to closed without notice. I went months calling the office until i got a hold of someone and they informed me the clic was closed. My insurance recently changed due to my job.. hopefully kaiser could help me out.

So sorry this happened to you -- now to find out what your new insurance covers and get the followup care you need. And congratulations on 38 down.

If the clinic is closed, who is billing you? I would dispute.....

Sorry you are having these issues but getting them sorted is crucial to success. After-care with the band is essential as without regular fills, most people do not achieve the desirable level of restriction. And, even more importantly, you need after-care in place in case you need Fluid removing which can present as an emergency.

So sorry this happened to you -- now to find out what your new insurance covers and get the followup care you need. And congratulations on 38 down.

If the clinic is closed, who is billing you? I would dispute.....

That was my question also.... who is billing you? I sure in the hell would not pay them. If its the hospital, most of them are really great about working out a payment plan... and another good thing is they are not allow to charge intrest...

I agree, the band is a lot of maintenance. When i had mine done, i got one year of fill or 7, which ever came first. Of course the 7 came first...

just try your best to get back on track... it really is worth the effort. Remember a 38 lb loss is better than any gain...

I am not sure, but if you have new insurance see if your follow ups would be covered under pre existing conditions....if anything I would think maybe that would be covered?

Also if they closed I would see who is billing you...if the company claimed bankruptcy the courts may be trying to collect, but maybe if you are indeed stuck with a bill, they would be willing to settle for a lower amount...sometimes you can ask for a pay in full discount or a reduced fee...it never hurts to ask....sorry you are going through this...what a pain!

Get with ur new insurance carrier and explain to them uve had lap band surgery and they can give u a list of providers in your area.

Ive heard out of pocket visits ranging from $50-$125.

The good thing about paying out of pocket (if thats what U gotta do) is that the fillers dont string u along. Giving U .5 here and there bcuz those providers are trying to milk your insurance so that U see them longer they tend to drag it out and delay your Green Zone/Sweet Spot arrival

Out of Pocket providers give greater fills IMO

@@jenengelmann

im in Houston Texas. True results does them for 125.

We also have a Dr Speigel who does them and im almost certain hes not charging anymore than 125

I was speaking with a young lady in Dallas on Youtube and she'd found a clinic who does them for $50

They'd given her a greater fill than her very own providers ever had.

@@jenengelmann

Im sorry I mis-spoke, True Results charges are $75 per visit OR the 6 month plan where U pay $45 a month and Ur allowed unlimited visits & monthly xrays

I had to get a slight unfill this week. Apparently I'd eaten something too heavy & began night coughing. She removed 1cc Thursday morning and Im eating and sleeping fine now

I go back in two weeks. Praying I dont regain anything.

Wow. Those fill charges seem reasonable. In calif. For self pay, I pay about $250-350 per fill or unfill

I usually go once a year now that I am many years out. But it adds up

Nonetheless ..

Very happy with my decision to change my life over 8 years ago ...

Hoping for no surprises down the road????

Where in ca are you? I am inland empire. I had surgery 6-24, keep trying and definitely get fills! Fills at first feel useless, but once you get up there, it's great! Keep trying, get back to exercising and eating right, if you want a partner, I will help :)

Hi...that would be great to have a partner to help:) how much weight have u lost since your surgery? Do u get fills in the Inland empire at a decent price? I need to find a place to get fills...have a good evening. ..Jen

my fills are free, thanks to insurance! I had surgery 6-27-14 my heaviest weight was 273, then 268, last month I was 224. I am losing slooowww, but not giving up!

My fills were free for 1 full year. Now I must pay 75 per visit. Luckily I havent had to go in but once maybe twice a year for minor adjustments.

Hi, I live in Orange County..I have really lost slow in 2 months I've lost approx. 10-12 lbs..I eat healthy most of the time & if I kinda cheat I have frozen yogurt...which I love...where u get fills I wonder if they would give me a feel since I didn't have the surgery there, I have to drive to Mexico where I had the Surgery which is a pain in the a..I would love to hear any suggestions. I'm now exercising 3 times a week & eat healthy..I don't eat very much throughout the day, so don't know why it's coming off soo slow. I do however have only 6lbs or so to loose I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I would be a cash payment for fills if u could find out if he would give them to me that would be awesome..Thanks so much for reaching out to me...

Jen 714.366.2600