Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG. Guess I'm a statistic...(backsliding)

Haven't been on BP in a long time. To embarrassed I guess. ^ mths ago I was 10 lbs from goal (140). This am I was 173. How did this happen? I know how it happened. I've been eating too much and too much crap.

I prided myself on losing more than 100 lbs on eating less but eating everything. Including pizza, tacos, burgers, fries, etc. I thought I was invincible. I couldn't gain weight if I tried. I hought I was bulletproof.

Then "IT" happened. The dreaded. I fell from grace. This morning I weighed 173. Wow. Never thought that would happen. For all of u that told me I would eventually regret "my way" of eating, u were right. I hang. Hanging my head in shame. I feel a huge amount of remorse. Now that I can eat more than in the beginning, I do.'

Please accept this post as my cry for help. I know what I need to do. It's just doing it. I refuse to buy new clothes and I have 2 pairs of jeans that fit (tightly however). Been wearing sweats and leggigs. And the backfat in my tops is ridiculous. Today is the day. Making a list to go shopping later. Already have chicken, fish, hamburger, tri tip, and steaks. .Need to buy some veggies, cheese, lunchmeat, avocados, Peanut Butter, almond butter (my fav snack is green apples and almond butter), eggs, , and dark chocolate.< /p>

I will post on MFP. I will drink lots of Water. I will eat more Protein than usual. I will keep my carbs lower (not low carb but lower than usual). I will not graze while watching tv (which is my biggest downfall).

Any other tips from those who have walked this same path? I know there's some of u out there. Maybe we can do this this together? Let me know if u want to do this together (share stories, share goals, keep each other accountable?)

I WILL post my goal weight soon. My 30th high school reunion is in July. My goal is 20 lbs by August. 4 lbs a month is doable. How bout it?

Thank you for sharing your story. It can serve as a lesson and reminder to all of us about what can happen if we don't stay on plan. I wish you the best of luck in getting back on track and reaching your goal!

You can do this Marfar7! You took the first step in sharing. Just take it one day at a time and go back to basics. Let us know how you are doing!

This is my biggest fear. I am scared to death. I just met my goal and I am so afraid. Good luck to you, you can do it. You have all the right tools and you certainly know how since you already lost a significant amount of weight. I feel like throwing out all yoga and sweat pants so I cannot fall into just putting those on. However I have to wear scrubs for work and those aren't tight so it probably wouldn't work anyway. (Throwing out the stretchy things.)

Thanks for sharing your story. You know what to do. You got this. Good luck.

It took you 20lbs to wake up and decide to change. Much better than gaining it all back. I know you can do it. You came the right place for support.

...dark chocolate

...not low carb

Why tempt yourself with chocolate? Wasn't the chocolate in your bedside table part of your downfall?

Why not low carb? That's what this new lifeplan is prescribed to be by most doctors. Carbs aren't the devil, but they are certainly a key component in hunger, cravings, weight gain and weight loss.

Why not go back to square one and start following your doctor's orders to the T instead of making up your own plan? No judgement, just wondering.

No shame, you did what you did, that is the past... now do what you need to do to get on track.

Everyone of us has backslid in one way or another. Maybe it was a 5 pound gain or maybe it was a 50 pound one... but it is real life to tackle it and go back to basics.

I am 3 years out and finding that things have changed... yet again. It is much easier to regain and harder to relose them then it was previously. Its real life and we are all in this together sisters and brothers!!!

I said "lower carb". My husband is on Atkins less than 20gms (yes, he lives that way, not just 2 weeks Induction) I'm not into depriving myself of fruit or a pc of bread at bfast. What I mean by lower is I can have a pc of toast in the morning if I don't eat a 1/2 sandwich later. I can have an apple and almond butter. I can eat brown rice with my stir fry. Just not at every meal.

...dark chocolate

...not low carb

Why tempt yourself with chocolate? Wasn't the chocolate in your bedside table part of your downfall?

Why not low carb? That's what this new lifeplan is prescribed to be by most doctors. Carbs aren't the devil, but they are certainly a key component in hunger, cravings, weight gain and weight loss.

Why not go back to square one and start following your doctor's orders to the T instead of making up your own plan? No judgement, just wondering.

And the chocolate: 1 pc of Dove ddark chocolate takes away my sweet craving (that happens often). My nightstand is devoid of junk food now. And yes, I can eat just 1 pc and suclk on it for 5 minutes. I won't eat the whole bag. I have a hubby that reminds me of everything I put in my mouth.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by marfar7

I also think you can fix this.

But I have a serious question (if you would like to answer it): Why were you so unwilling to follow your surgeon's eating instructions?

Your answer might prove helpful to others.

Thanks in advance.

Again, no judgement. I just know when I've hit the top of my 5 pound bounce range, I give up all chocolate/desserts, any breads, rice or Pasta, and I don't consider myself "deprived". I am simply FINALLY in control of what I eat, it's no longer in control of me.

I also think you can fix this.

But I have a serious question (if you would like to answer it): Why were you so unwilling to follow your surgeon's eating instructions?

e need

Your answer might prove helpful to others.

Thanks in advance. think

Why am I unwilling to follow my surgeons instructions? Hmmm. Never really thought about it. Most likely cuz I refuse to 'm like everyone else. I'm the first person to ever have wls and not diet. Yeah right. I'm sure there's lots of us out there. The reason I had wls was to not have to diet again. Counting stuff makes me feel like I'm dieting.

I guess I'm not a normal person or I wouldn't have needed wls in the first place. Thats got to the reason why I don't listen to my surgeons advice: I've lost 104lbs my way. WHy can't I keep it off my way? I guess he's the one that knows more than me....

The reason I had wls was to not have to diet again. Counting stuff makes me feel like I'm dieting.

Thats got to the reason why I don't listen to my surgeons advice: I've lost 104lbs my way. WHy can't I keep it off my way?

This sounds reeeeeeeally familiar. :D

The reason I had wls was to not have to diet again. Counting stuff makes me feel like I'm dieting.

You don't really have to count stuff to stay on track with your surgeon's plan, if it's anything like mine at least. The only real target I got from my nutritionist was to aim for 100 grams of Protein per day. I guess there's a little "counting" in there, but it's just more of a rough estimate in my case. I know that if I eat my normal, routine foods for Breakfast and Snacks, and get about 15 grams of Protein each at lunch in dinner, then I've hit my 100 gram goal.

There are some recommended restrictions against Pasta, rice, etc., but I don't have room for those things anyway if I'm getting all my protein in. I definitely don't feel like this is a "diet" the way I did back when I was trying to lose weight in the past and logging every single thing I ate and trying to stay within calorie, fat, carb, AND protein ranges!

l post on MFP. will drink lots of Water. more Protein than usual. I carbs lower (not low carb but lower than usual). not graze while watching tv (which is my biggest downfall).

@@marfar7

hey girlfriend

were you holding your right hand up while you said the above?? ;)

@@CowgirlJane said::::

"No shame, you did what you did, that is the past... now do what you need to do to get on track."

lift your head back up high

many of us have "slipped" off that slippery slope in the past (me)

after all, you know we're ALL sweet, nice, supportive, and perfect (especially me :lol: )

can you consider/ act like a newbie???

could/would you mind going back to Protein shakes for a week or two??

it would give you that jump start to loose some weight quickly for awhile

make you feel better to continue on you weight loss journey

my advice for what its worth .............

do EVERYTHING you are supposed to

no variations

learn to stay super strict

do everything by the book

substituting here or there, little variation, drinking problems

KNOCK IT OFF :lol: :D

wanting to eat sliders, Cookies, chips, dip, ice cream etc

GET OVER IT ;)

i always consider the Water rules very very important

64 oz of liquids a day

stop drinking 30 minutes before you eat

never drink with your meals :angry:

don't eat for 45-60 minutes after you eat :(

you probably remembered the above

along with eating slowly

chewing thoroughly

using small plate and utensils

eat your Protein first

you know what to do

do you have access to a NUT still??

would insurance cover a couple of meetings with a NUT if your family doc gave you a referral

otherwise, could you hire someone once or twice to to talk to

have you gone to support groups in the past??

those are always great/helpful

looks like you've already started above

keep doing it

you lost a lot of weight already

you've shown you were a success before

you can do "it" again!!

your shopping list sounds good :)

do you like yogurt???

Fage greek has 20 gr of protein (luv it)

one sweet'n low, few fresh blueberries, top with teeny, teeny bit of granola

mix it all together, what does it taste like??????

delicious!!!!

quest double chocolate chunk Quest Protein Bars are yummy to my tummy :)

getting back on MFP is terrific

accounting for everything you eat, way to go!!!

in my opinion, 4 lbs a month is definitely doable

one month it might be a little less, another month more

following all the rules is key!!!

you might hit a stall, but of course don't let that discourage/upset you :mellow:

take you measurements too

you have plenty time to show off how good you look at your reunion

nice to see you back in the neighborhood ;)

don't buy anything that will fit your present weight

look forward to the day you will be able to wear those sexy jeans again ;)

welcome back

you are a site for sore eyes!!!

good luck bud ;)

your friend :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy