Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for the slow losers

Hello, I believe I am a slow loser and I was wondering how long it took you to reach your goal weight? I exercise and eat right, I take my Vitamins and drink my Water, it just seems like it's going by so slowly. This past 7 1/2 weeks I've battled getting down below 200, it's not working.

I'm a slow loser. I've "only" lost 47 pounds since I was sleeved on Sept.1 (6 months ago yesterday). Past the first month, I've only lost an average of 6 pounds per month. But I still just keep doing what I'm doing, because the scale IS moving... down, down, down. I work out 5 days a week doing both cardio and strength training. I get my 100 grams of Protein in and well over 64 ounces of Water. I take all my Vitamins religiously. I don't track calories regularly, but do "spot checks" from time to time where I track my calories for a day and I am right around 1050 per day now.

I came to terms with my slow loss a few months ago when I realized that there really is no rush to get to goal. If it takes 6 months or 16 months, I will still get there eventually. And 10 years from now, it won't matter how FAST I got there. I will just be enjoying my happy, healthy life.

It is hard to get past the diet mentality where you think of your goal weight as the finish line and after that you'll be "done" with the diet. I will never be "done" with my sleeve, so what's the rush?

Does your surgeon get on you?

Same here. Sleeved only on jan 19th and have lost almost twenty in two months but I think 10 was the first week! I only average about 1-2 lbs a week but I'm not bummed as the scale is moving down and not up! At this rate I should hit the 100's by july!

Hw276

Sw 259

CW 237

@@Jenngf5 geez we're almost a match. Same surgery date, HW 278, SW 251, CW 236.

No he has not, yet at least. I will have my 6 month visit next month.

@@AuriP, have you remained at the same weight for 7 1/2 weeks? That does seem like an unusually long stall. In your shoes, I would confirm my food measurements, print out my food logs and then take that information to a nutritionist. Perhaps she/he will be able to give you some advice.

It hasn't affected me, but some people find that artificial sweeteners slow their weight loss. Maybe you fall into that category?

Not exactly the same weight, I have been hovering over 200 pounds for the past 7 weeks, Janurary 2nd I was 208 (doc scale) I am now down to 201 or so home scale. So I suppose 7 pounds in the last 7 weeks. It just seems sooooo slow.

Am a slow looser also....When i complained to my doc...his response was "its about the weight but, what about the inches"...Yes the process it slow but am wearing smaller sizes...I Work out 7 days a week, cardio like a crazy woman...I was told i have a year to get to my goal, and am just thankful to have this tool.Good luck!!

Does your surgeon get on you?

I just had my 6 month evaluation with my nutritionist yesterday and she seems perfectly happy with my progress. Her goal for me was to be below 30% body fat by 6 months and as of yesterday I was at 29.2%. She doesn't actually care about weight, just body fat percentage. Her only criticisms of me were that I was only taking 2 Multivitamins a day, instead of 3 and that I was using Protein bars for supplementation instead of the brand of Protein shakes they push. Oh, and I was taking sublingual B12... she wants me on liquid B12.< /p>

I am also a slow loser, and probably average 1-2 pounds every two weeks. I had surgery on Dec. 16th and have lost during PostOP 30 pounds. I lost 60 lbs prior to surgery...and that took 6 months to accomplish,

I have noticed that since I have cut back on artificial sweeteners...starting just last week, my weight loss is speeding up a little. I've lost 3 pounds since making that change. So far, I'd have to agree to my body not handling artificial sweeteners well.

im so far doing well, averaging 35 pounds a month so far. i can tell you thi if i take in more than 10 to 12 grams of carbs in any form, in a day , that equals and instant stall and will take 3 days of strict adherence to get back on track.

*Raises hand* Slow loser here, too. AND my weight loss has pretty much slowed to a crawl and stopped. I'm trying everything under the sun to figure out how to get things going again. I lost 2.5lbs last month. At this rate, I may not hit my goal for a while. I'm thinking it may take me a year and a half after surgery to get to my goal weight, where as others needing to lose the same amount seems to take a year. I just need to be patient, but if I'm being honest, it's been frustrating as hell.

*Raises hand* Slow loser here, too. AND my weight loss has pretty much slowed to a crawl and stopped. I'm trying everything under the sun to figure out how to get things going again. I lost 2.5lbs last month. At this rate, I may not hit my goal for a while. I'm thinking it may take me a year and a half after surgery to get to my goal weight, where as others needing to lose the same amount seems to take a year. I just need to be patient, but if I'm being honest, it's been frustrating as hell.

Babbs, you had your surgery 9 days before me and weighed one pound less than me on your surgery day. You now weigh 9 pounds less than me. So you're beating me!

I'm a slow loser as well. 6 months out and have lost 58 lbs since surgwry. It's so frustrating to see people at my starting weight or lower who have lost nearly a hundred pounds. It's very discouraging. My mom said something to me that put things into perspective for me tho. Would I have lost this much presurgery? The answer is definitely not and I keep trying to remind myself of that. Of course it's hard when I keep thinking I won't make goal and will disappoint everyone (mainly surgeon who was upset with my numbers last month)