Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I went to my last nut apt today and got the specifics on my liquid diet which I will start Friday.

I'm scared, I'm excited but I'm ready.

For the first time I wondered if I could do this. Can I do this? I hope I can do this.

What are your experiences with the liquid diet?

You can do this! You really can!!

The liquid diet was the hardest part of this adventure. Mainly because I really didn't believe that WLS would work for me. I'd been chasing the dream of being normal sized for too many years and believing all the marketing hype for the newest diet or pill that would "magically" fix me.

If I had known back then what I know now.... well, you know. :P Every minute of the liquid diet was worth it. And so was everything I had to go through to be approved for surgery, all the tests, and the multiple 4 hour drives to my doctor's office and the hospital. It was all worth it.

I know until you go through this adventure, you will have your doubts. So all I can say is hang in there, do what your doctor and NUT advise. And have faith that it's all worth the effort.

Live every day with purpose. Live every day according to your mission and your plan. Have a vision for what you want to accomplish, and act in congruence with it. Focus on what matters in YOUR life and never, ever, EVER give up on what is important to you. Stay strong. I believe in you. And I know that you can do it.

Yes you can, stay focused on the prize. Up the willpower, don't cheat and it (should) get easier as the days go by. Good luck!

Funny, I asked the dr today if there was any way this would not work, like is it impossible for some people to lose weight.. I have dreamed of being a normal size all of my life .

You can do this! You really can!![/quote

????????

Well said! I'm at the end of my 2 week liquid post op phase that after my 2 week prepping means I haven't chewed anything for a month!!! I actually had a dream that I was sneaking stuff in my mouth just to chew it and taste the flavor! But is it worth it? Absolutely! Hard, but definitely worth it. Good Luck!

Well said! I'm at the end of my 2 week liquid post op phase that after my 2 week prepping means I haven't chewed anything for a month!!! I actually had a dream that I was sneaking stuff in my mouth just to chew it and taste the flavor! But is it worth it? Absolutely! Hard, but definitely worth it. Good Luck!

Hahaha.!!! Sounds about right.! I think I will chew gum or perhaps make the Protein turn into an ice cream form with my kitchenaid mixer.!! Get crafty..!

The first day was kinda like not eating anything for a day before a procedure....quite do-able. The second day I wanted to eat my thumbs. The third day was uncomfortable, but not as bad, and from the fourth day on, I was okay with it.

you can do this! its normal to have this thought. I had the same feelings I was all over the place in this head. But I was determined to do whatever it took to get this fat suit off!! a thinner me was fighting to come out! the past several yrs I can honestly say I didnt know who I was anymore. finally got to underlining diseases, negative internal dialog sent to surgeon an it all happened! take 1 day at a time . it definitly is a lifestyle for life commitment. stick to it! keep us posted!

It's actually easier then I thought it was going to be. On day 3 on the way home from work I wanted to stop at every fast food restaurant. But I drove on by lol

The first week is the worst. Keep telling yourself that. Also, stay away from occasions where food = love or celebration. You will have plenty of time for those later when you have established patterns. You can do it!