Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AETNA PPO - Awaiting approval for VSG

Hi everyone,

I spoke to the surgeon's insurance coordinator on Friday and she was getting all of my documentation ready for submittal to Aetna. Of course I have gotten myself worked up that I will be denied after reading all of the insurance horror stories!

Really, the only thing I can see a problem with is that I don't believe I was on the Surgeon's pre-op plan for 90 days. I brought it up with the Patient Coordinator and she didn't think it was an issue so we will see.

Surgery is tentatively scheduled for 7:30 am on March 24!

I could use all the positive energy you can muster!

thanks,

Marsha

State of Georgia

Atlanta Metro area

Surgeon: Dr. Dennis Smith now Dr. Fritz Jean-Pierre

I have Aetna and I was approved within 48 hours! I called them after 2 days (just to ensure they had everything they needed to make the decision) and the rep told me over the phone I was already approved and should be getting a letter soon!

If you submitted all of the paperwork and didn't gain during your supervised period with the surgeon, you should be golden!

Good luck!

I can't believe it - I just found out that I got approved! YAY!!!!!

I had to do some calling the insurance company, then calling the surgeon's scheduler, but when the paperwork finally got submitted on Friday 5/13 I was approved by Monday!

My surgery date has been rescheduled for 4/01 (no joke!). So now it finally seems real to me!

I wish the best of luck to everyone waiting for approval.

Can you explain more about not being on the pre-op plan for 90 days? I'm sort of fighting with my surgeons office about this now. They are saying I need 4 appts that are independent with the nutritionist (initial consult when I was told to start the diet not included). But Aetna told me that the initial consult does count if my diet began then.

So please explain how yours was short the 90 days?? :)