Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Out .. Want TT & BBL

Hello everyone, it is March and I am finally ONE year out !! Yay !! I have lost a great amount of weight and I am so so grateful for my new body. I am very happy with my results. I do want plastic surgery though. I want to be able to wear a bikini in public and not have excess fat sagging there .. My family is not very supportive of going through with plastic surgery because " I don't really need it " and " god made you the way you are "

I just hope maybe someone knows how I feel and can drop a comment / suggestion.

I am unsure what doctor I will be using.

Pic below of my before / after :)

post-200702-14252575823518_thumb.jpg post-200702-14252575922366_thumb.jpg post-200702-14252576200695_thumb.jpg post-200702-14252576373545_thumb.jpg

Plastic surgery, just like WLS has to be for YOU and YOU alone. You can't/shouldn't do it for anyone else and you can't/shouldn't NOT do it for anyone else either. It's all about you being comfortable in your own body for the rest of your life. No one else has to live inside YOUR body.

When I had plastics done, it was 100% for me and I am so grateful that I did. No regrets!

One year out! Congratulations. Love the dress.

i also want plastics..Just not affordable at this point for me. Life would be boring if we let everyone's comments dictate decisions.

My family members to not get to vote on my healthcare decisions. My healthcare is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship, and I am the dictator. Do what you want, dear.

You look amazing!!!

you do look amazing!!

Congrats! You look great! Past that, your body is yours and yours alone- do with it what you want. I had plastics at 11 months post op, then again at 14 months and my last procedure is next month at 16 months out. My first procedure was the TT and lift/ augment and wow, hello- plastic surgery rocks!! I like my new boobs, but I've never in my entire life had a hard, flat stomach. It has been almost 6 months now since I had it done and every single day I am ecstatic that I did. It is so awesome to be able to wear a dress and not worry that my stomach pudge is visible and it is really nice that I can wear shirts without a big supportive bra. If you can afford surgery and you want it- go for it. Your family will either get on board or get over it. Either way..you win. :)

Thank you everyone !! I have told everyone that it is my decision and whether they support me or not I'm doing this for me. They don't know what's it's like covering up all the time and having to sit a certain way so the fat doesn't bulge through shirts etc.

I am actively looking for a surgeon now and will probably travel to Florida to get it done. I have heard great reviews from Dr Fisher and I am hoping to go with him but will keep my eyes open for anyone else that's great.

Thanks again everyone for your wonderful comments it makes me feel so good !!

You look fabulous. I wouldn't worry about what others think do what's best for you, it's your body.

I just had a ton of plastics done, and I'm glad I did. My family wasn't in favor of it either, because of the misery and risk associated with it. I had to let them gradually come around to the idea.

I have a different opinion - I think this decision DOES, in fact, impact our families. While I went ahead even though they would have preferred I didn't, I gave them time to adjust to the idea. I did what I could to calm their fears. The reality is that our families worry about us. Plastic surgery will impact families financially, the person who has it will have downtime and be unable to do their normal contribution, and will also require help. So I think it's a bit short sighted to think of it as a unilateral decision. Having said all that, if I hadn't been able to help my family see it was important to me, I would have still proceeded. It just worked out better if we were all in it together. It's just a slightly different approach, but considers other's opinions, too.

And congratulations, you look great!

Edited by MichiganChic

CONGRATS!!!!!!! You look amazing!!! Ignore other people's opinions and GO WITH YOUR GUT, make yourself happy, you're doing it for YOU after all, not them! Good Luck and God Bless, you look wonderful!!

You look amazing! I'm almost 2-years post op and have been looking into a TT for the last year. My family is very supportive of my decision especially my husband so I'm very fortunate in that regard!!! I'm doing this for myself and after all of the hard work and commitment it took to get to this place we DESERVE it! Best wishes!

I Had a mommy makeover with Dr. Raul Perez Pimentel. He is a great plastic surgeon that specializes in having surgery on WLS patients. My mommy make over cost $6,500.00. I love my results.

A friend of mine had her body contouring with Dr. Fisher in TX and she is delighted with her results as far as I know. She's got quite a few reviews of her procedures on RealSelf. OneDimSim is her avatar. I've corresponded with Dr. Fisher a few times on ObesityHelp and he was very nice. He tried to help me twice even though I was not his patient. The one thing that is deal breaker for me with Dr. Fisher is the arm scars in the back of the arm, so they are visible. Some surgeons choose to do it this way because it decreases the chance of complications. I have my incisions under the arms wear the shirt seam would be. And I had a complication with my brachioplasty that I am still dealing with for more than a year. But I still would not want the incision down the back of my arm as my arm scars are very dark.

The surgery is a burden on your family members who must care for you. It also is a lot on your young children whom you won't be able to lift, etc for months. I just went ahead and did it without any consideration for my husband (my daughter is an adult so it did not impact her) not realizing the impact to him. I think it is best to discuss it but I also think the decision is yours whether he agrees or not. If this is the case, potentially you can make him feel heard and validated but tell him this means so much to you that it is something you just have to do and appreciate his support through it.

Many marriages have been wrecked after plastic surgery. So do go about this in a considerate manner toward your spouse.