Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve at NYP Columbia in NYC?

Has anyone had their surgery at NYP Columbia in NYC 168st? I am undergoing the preop process now and wanted to know other folks experience esp with the surgery.

My insurance covers Dr. Bagloo. The "main" surgeon I've heard of was Dr. Bessler but he won't be my surgeon.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I could not find any ratings or real life patient experience online so far.

Thanks!!

I'm presently awaiting my date with aft Bagloo. One of my friends had it done with her. He's doing well afterwards but we're all different

Yay! Finally someone on here with same doctor. When is your surgery scheduled? How far along in the process are you?

Hi. Sent you a message. I'm trying to figure out how to use this app.

I'm awaiting my necessity letter from my PCP, but I've done all the requirements that Dr Bagloo requested, test, seminar, etc.

Hi all, I'm having my surgery with Dr. Bessler at the end of the month.

My surgeon is Dr Bessler too, I'm really confident in him so far, my surgery is December 9th.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My surgeon is Dr Bessler too, I'm really confident in him so far, my surgery is December 9th.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I heard he's good as well. I love the team they have between Josie, Eileen and Nancy. I was sleeved in May 2015. Best of luck. Hope to see you at the support groups after surgery. If you have any questions let me know.

Dr. Schrope did my band surgery in 2009 and gallbladder a couple of months later. Dr. Bagloo was a Fellow at Columbia at the time of my band op and was involved in my case. All I can tell you is that I liked her manner and the way she took time to answer questions when she stopped by on rounds (I was inpatient for a few days, but that's not worth discussing here). I ran into her once a few years later when I was there for a follow-up appt. When I stopped her to say "Hello," she remembered me because of what had kept me in for a while. We laughed that, between our encounters, she'd become a "grown-up" surgeon. Eileen, Nancy and Josie are terrific.

Hm, I'm way past needing an appt. Thanks for the nudge.

Best wishes to each of you as you go in.

Does anyone there inform patients of the clothing exchange I organize twice a year? Eileen, Nancy and the practice administrator are on my email list, but I don't know if they actually print the fliers or mention it when someone talks about needing clothes?

@@atontor -- They're offering support groups now? Not when I had surgery. Please let me know the schedule. Eileen did start an early-morning group, but I don't know if it lasted. I've gone/go to meetings at NYU, Cornell, Mt. Sinai and Lenox Hill, all more convenient for me and they all welcome patients from other practices.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Dr. Schrope did my band surgery in 2009 and gallbladder a couple of months later. Dr. Bagloo was a Fellow at Columbia at the time of my band op and was involved in my case. All I can tell you is that I liked her manner and the way she took time to answer questions when she stopped by on rounds (I was inpatient for a few days, but that's not worth discussing here). I ran into her once a few years later when I was there for a follow-up appt. When I stopped her to say "Hello," she remembered me because of what had kept me in for a while. We laughed that, between our encounters, she'd become a "grown-up" surgeon. Eileen, Nancy and Josie are terrific.

Hm, I'm way past needing an appt. Thanks for the nudge.

Best wishes to each of you as you go in.

Does anyone there inform patients of the clothing exchange I organize twice a year? Eileen, Nancy and the practice administrator are on my email list, but I don't know if they actually print the fliers or mention it when someone talks about needing clothes?

@@atontor -- They're offering support groups now? Not when I had surgery. Please let me know the schedule. Eileen did start an early-morning group, but I don't know if it lasted. I've gone/go to meetings at NYU, Cornell, Mt. Sinai and Lenox Hill, all more convenient for me and they all welcome patients from other practices.

They started the monthly group in August. Give them a call so they can add you to the list.

How do I get the info on the other groups you mentioned??

@@atontor -- You can google each med center, e.g., Mount Sinai hospital bariatric. The support group schedules are in the practices' section of the websites. website

NYU (212-263-3166) has three groups. One is for band people; I don't know how the other groups are divided up. It may be that sleeve also has its own group, given how it seems the most commonly-performed procedure now. The other medical centers combine the procedures.

Depending on where you live and what locations are convenient for you, check other hospitals, too.

Thanks

post-244766-14485980521867_thumb.jpg

Hi.

Doing great. You'll be fine. Their team is awesome.

I'm Antonio. I had my surgery 5/29/15.