Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks post op..I never feel full and feel that I am overeating...

I am always hungry and can basically eat anything I try..not back to Dr till

one more week..dont want to stretch pouch ..any ideas??

also have hard time eating slow cuz I am starved...Protein shakes and I do not get along well..severe

gas and feel sick with them...

Simple....Stick to the eating plan...Just because you can eat anything does not mean you should.

You should only cheat on rare occassions if you want to lose the weght and keep it off....

Eating anything will stop your weight loss and you will start to gain weight....Then you

are going to realy be upset...

I am almost 5 weeks post op. I have the same exact issue. I agree with JoeBravo. Just because you can, does not mean that you should. I decided one day a couple of weeks in, to check my calories for the day....not just the amount I was eating. It was a whopping 1,100 calories!!!!! Holy cow! I realized then that this was going to be an issue. I have tracked my calories since then and while I still eat more calories than most people at 5 weeks, I am losing. I also measure everything. So that way I do not overeat for my pouch. Also. Protein is very important. You need to find a shake that you can tolerate and drink at least one a day. Your health will suffer as well as your weight loss efforts. Best wishes.

Here is the thing, what you put in your pouch is so important to how hungry you feel throughout the day. I can eat anything I want without getting sick as well. What I have learned over time is, the Protein is what keeps you full for longer periods of time.

If you choose Protein and good carbs for a meal they seem to last 3 times as long. Good carbs being fruits and vegetables.

If you choose bread, Pasta, rice or even too many potatoes you will be hungry again in an hour or so.

Protein is critical to your success and ability to heal.

I start out every day with a Premier Protein chocolate shake which has 30 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar. I too could not tolerate many other brands. My doctors office suggested this one and I have never gone back.

This is what has been working for me, if I have a day where I want a bite of rice or potatoes I will make sure I have two bites of protein to every 1 of everything else keeping the bad carbs to a minimum. I usually only do carbs once a week or so. I usually don't even cook them for my family so they don't tempt me. Sunday dinners are the place where I will cook a starch and I will try to stay away.

Good luck and keep us posted.

The others are right. Protein first and make sure you measure it out before you start eating. Also, make sure you are not drinking anything with your meals and that you stopped drinking anything 30 minutes prior to your meal. And, don't start drinking anything until 30 minutes after your meal. Chew, chew, chew!!! Take your time, eat slowly, taste the food. Try these (if you aren't already).

I'm 3 weeks post-op and on puréed foods. It's been difficult for me to not take a small sip of Water while eating because I feel like I will choke if I don't. I guess I'm not chewing enough?

BTW, this post was very informative. Thank you for sharing!

@@VonRock7 My nut actually said its ok to take a tiny sip of Water if food gets stuck in my throat. I find that still happens with meat sometimes even if I chew very well. YMMV.

@@Joy ThompsonAt your stage, my nut has advised me to eat five or six protein-packed meals a day and lay off the shakes. Then slowly move to three meals a day as I can eat more in one sitting. Folks here are right. Stick with the Protein first to meet your 60g a day and you'll stay full longer.

Edited by gpmed

@@Joy Thompson - I had the same problem with Protein powders/milk and gas a couple months ago. I happened to be at a support group meeting and someone mentioned the same problem. They said they had done some research online and found some data about how the enzymes in milk react with Protein, etc. and that they had switched to Fairlife milk. So, of course desperate, I stopped on my way home that night and purchased Fairlife milk and have not had a problem since.