Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 196 lbs in 20 months

Here's my story....

I was born small for my height. I weight 5lbs 5oz and was 20 inches long. In 1976 that was still long and skinny. Well I stayed that way till puberty. 5th grade hit me and suddenly I was wearing size 2 jeans and a dd bra. I've never been tiny up top. Middle school came and went and I slowly gained weight but mostly muscle. I was active and never sat still but was the life of the party with my huge top half. Well I got pregnant at 17. Lost the weight right after was back in my 13 s and looked great. Married the baby's dad then proceeded to spit out 3 more kids for him in 5 years. Gained almost 100 lbs and no amount of trying could get it off me. 2000 came around and I divorced then met one of my soulmates. We married and in 3 years I had 2 more babies. I was starting to lose the weight and was down to 250 when he died. I gave up. I figured that no other man would want me why should I try. I dove head first into food. I could drown my sorrows in food without anyone saying shit cuz I could still take care of my kids. Fast forward 7 years. I met my now husband and we hit it off. It was like love at first sight but neither of us would admit it. We moved fast but cautious. Met in March married in September. But by December he was deployed to Afghanistan. That's when he decided to drop a bomb on me. "I want you to lose weight and be healthy so I have you around longer!" Yeah that's what he said to me. So I started going to the gym 5x a week. I put my sexual aggravation into the gym till march of 2013 when all of the sudden my abdomen hurt. I went to the docs and found out I had a lower pelvic hernia and they couldn't fix it unless I lost an extreme amount of weight. Sooo next door he sends me and I have RNY in July after starting the diet in May. Now 20 months later I am 196 lbs lighter and feel 10 years younger!

Congratulations on your progress! I am glad to hear you are feeling better and I am guessing your hubby is pretty excited about your health as well.

Lol he came home and I was 80lbs lighter than the last time he'd seen me. He almost didn't recognize me!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches