Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you hungry, or just rumbley in your tummy? The rumbley may be acid, or your tummy just talking back. 10 days out and I still don't feel hunger, but I do get a gurgley sensation before I take my omeprazole. On day 2, I had to make an effort to drink my shakes and Water.< /p>

I dont know what it is maybe its the prednisone however I am like over 5 months post op I am losing weight however I am constently hungry. Is it psychological or am I actually hungry all the time? I have bad GERD where I am taking 80mg of prilosec daily. What do I do to fight these cravings because at this point I am actually gaining a bit of weight, I can not exercise at this time because of physical issues and I feel like all I do is work and eat. Please help I need a buddy and I need to get back on track and I need to lose the weight.

Bernie

I was sleeved 2/23 and I do experience hunger but I think it's more mental than anything. I haven't been able to exercise yet because of some pain in my largest incision spot but I plan on starting as soon as I am able to.

Hi, I am 3 weeks out. I will say that I am not hungry per se but will say that I saw a commercial for my trigger foods, cake and Cookies and started graving them. Didn't cave but the sugar monkey is still alive and well. Lol.

Edited by Brigette

I was sleeved 2 days ago. 2/25 came home yesterday and tonight I feel so hungry.

Hi rhondara. I was sleeved this December so I'm still pretty new but I was like you..I was starving. Like there was a hole in my stomach and no it was not head hunger. I unfortunately was not one of those people who is never hungry. It did get better once I got on solid foods. And def take the omeprezole

I dont know what it is maybe its the prednisone however I am like over 5 months post op I am losing weight however I am constently hungry. Is it psychological or am I actually hungry all the time? I have bad GERD where I am taking 80mg of prilosec daily. What do I do to fight these cravings because at this point I am actually gaining a bit of weight, I can not exercise at this time because of physical issues and I feel like all I do is work and eat. Please help I need a buddy and I need to get back on track and I need to lose the weight.

Bernie

Prednisone can cause weight gain. See if you can get off of it or find an alternative. If the prilosec is not working ask for a different med. Acidity can make you feel "hungry" when you really are not. Be your own advocate!!

As for weight gain, I've see some Vets on here suggest that you go back to basics. Lean Protein only, no calorie fluids, calorie cap at 800. Some even go back to all liquids stage just to "reset."

Good luck!

Thanks Elizabeth 21 that is some great advice I think I will do that.

I was coming here to say this exact same thing. I was sleeved on 2/25 and i seriously want to eat everything in sight. i was out shopping with my mom today and she had a hot dog for lunch and i literally wanted to lick the mustard off of the bun. We came home and i had some strained Soup and a low carb fudge bar type thing and a sugar free Jello. I seriously feel like i could eat a horse right now. I really hope i start getting that full feeling when i am on solids finally. I am up to 60g Protein a day already. It seems like lots of people still can't get in much protein this early on. It's making me worry that the sleeve won't do its part.

Edited by chrispina

Of course you will feel hungry sometimes we're still human lol I was sleeved 2/25 and I get like a little hunger twinge I drink my shakes and I feel great! We will still experience hunger though! We still have to eat! I can't wait to get into the solids I'm craving and chicken Caesar salad lol I'm a big fan of chicken breasts lol I don't have and never had a eating issue but i was overweight :) down 21 lbs since feb 11 when I started my liquid preop

Of course you will feel hungry sometimes we're still human lol I was sleeved 2/25 and I get like a little hunger twinge I drink my shakes and I feel great! We will still experience hunger though! We still have to eat! I can't wait to get into the solids I'm craving and chicken Caesar salad lol I'm a big fan of chicken breasts lol I don't have and never had a eating issue but i was overweight :) down 21 lbs since feb 11 when I started my liquid preop

I was sleeved on 2/25 as well! I totally know what you mean about craving some real food. Unfortunately for me, every time I drink some of the shake stuff I'm just so fed up with it that it grosses me out and prevents me from having any more. Cannot wait to get to the real food part of this diet!!!!

That happened to me a few days out. Lasted maybe 3 days, never to return. I don't know if it was head hunger, hormonal, withdrawal or what. But it did go away.

I am now 4 days post-op and have moved to full liquid diet. I am starving all the time and really scared. I constantly sip Protein Water and have had some cream of broccoli Soup. It is a battle to not eat thinks before it is time. I am really worried that my will power will only last so long. Has anyone else felt this way and overcame the hunger? I hope I am not alone in this one. Thanks