Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling really guilty and FAT

So I hit my goal this week. Today my husband and I went to the movies and I ate popcorn. That was at 2 PM Been full the rest of the day and I feel FAT. I HATE MYSELF for eating what I feel is too much popcorn. Know I am going to gain weight whe I get on the scale in the morning, not to mention for the first time since surgery I am not going to get my Protein in for the day. Ugh! Not doing that again!! I feel like I need to lose 10 more pounds. I am so mad at myself. Just venting.

Edited by Thinkingthinner1109

Could be worse. At least it was lots of Fiber. You might gain Water weight from the salt but flush your body out with water. No one is perfect and look how far you've come! Back on the wagon missy. Get your Protein and lots of water tomorrow. Don't dwell.

Could be worse. At least it was lots of fiber. You might gain Water weight from the salt but flush your body out with water. No one is perfect and look how far you've come! Back on the wagon missy. Get your Protein and lots of water tomorrow. Don't dwell.

Thanks for the pick me up. I keep looking in the mirror to see if I look different. Lesson learned.

I was just talking to my husband literally 20 minutes ago about how I can't wait to be at goal so I can have some damn popcorn. Not so much?

@@Thinkingthinner1109 It's ok. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself! Your body got you to goal so don't hate it! It's going to be Ok. You have to indulge sometimes. It's life!

Edited by Elode

@@Thinkingthinner1109 Whoa there, ease up on yourself!

I think what you got was a valuable learning experience! For example, on my birthday I had a slice of cheesecake (my fave). Now, first off, I would have had more than one piece prior to surgery. But secondly, it did not settle well. So, guess what? The rest of the cheesecake did not tempt me at all! It sounds to me like you've learned a similar lesson. It's okay. This is not about one day. It's about the rest of our lives.

Thanks to you all for the encouragement. I really needed someone to tell me it's ok. But honestly I am a type A Personality I follow the rules. Except this time I made that exception. I realize it was one day and I am back on track today. Going to make sure I get in all my Protein. Weird thing is I lost .7 pounds again today. I really need to try to maintain without the guilty feeling.

I understand the perfectionism mindset. Unfortunately it tends to lead to "all or nothing" thinking. As in you've got to get it all right or nothing counts. That is simply not true. But the sense of defeat -- that guilt -- can lead to more distress that requires comforting. The need for comfort can lead to overeating. Also, it leads to the floodgate: well, I'm "cheating" now and I'm never gonna let myself cheat again, so I'd better get all I can now. So you end up having more than you would in the first place. Try to focus on the positives and shake off that need for perfection.

Good luck!