Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Totally failed today :(

I'm 5 weeks out and today I had one of those days that I craved EVERYTHING. I haven't had one like that before.

So I've ended up having an inch or so of my fiancés homemade pizza.

And a tiny bit of dark chocolate.

WHY?!?

I've also felt really down the last few days, for no reason. I feel like a hormonal god knows what.

I feel like I'm just going to fail at this!! I can't even last 5 weeks without risking a leak!

I look at it very differently. I think you did great. An inch of pizza is not a pound of pizza. A tiny piece of dark chocolate is not a mountain of gooey fudgy brownie frostedness. It's important to know where your boundaries are for dumping so that you don't cross them inadvertently, but if you can tolerate a little bit of fat and a little bit of sugar so be it. One inch of pizza once a month will not ruin your weight loss journey. Life is all about moderation.

I think the chocolate is ok. It melts in your mouth like a liquid. But the pizza this early is a little risky. If you want pizza, there are some good recipes for pizza Soup on line. Taste like the real thing.

But I don't think u should think u failed or anything. Most people go through a morning period and have slip ups. As long as you correct yourself and remember why you did this in the first place.

To be honest unless u are drink milkshakes everyday, you gonna lose lots weight no matter what you do. This period of time is so that you adjust to a new lifestyle.

You will have pizza again. Just without the crust.

post-234134-14251341497626_thumb.jpg post-234134-14251341626458_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if this post will work but here is a recipe for no crust pizza. I made this and my kids ate it! It is really good, filling, guilt free, and good Protein. Give it a try! ????

I am 11 weeks post op and have craved pizza a few times. I use to eat the thin crust pizza before surgery and know one day I will have it again. In the mean time, I have gotten cheese bread or cheese pizza and just eat the cheese off of it; this way you get the taste of pizza and don't feel bad or in pain from the crust. As for the chocolate aspect, I have just turned to sugar free option. Russel Stover makes delicious Sugar Free Chocolates, maybe try that as an option.

Thanks guys!

I haven't really had a proper down day since having the surgery and I felt awful!

And thank you so much for the recipe, I shall try that one out!! It's more the sauce and cheese I'm craving!

It's weird, on my diet plan it says that I can have pitta bread, I thought that that will expand just like pizza dough does?

I don't regret this surgery at all, I suppose I never realised how hard it would be when you're craving bad things. Everyone else on this site seems to make out that they never fail and it makes me feel really naughty haha!

You are not bad and you have not failed! ???? I too have had off days. Had Lays potato chips yesterday! I am three months post op and I am not allowed bread or Pasta for the first year. I want Mac and cheese so bad! One day I will again but I am so focused on what I need to do. All we can do is keep moving forward. We are strong! ????

Edited by SandyS

It must be something in the air !! cause yesterday was not a good day for me either. I am 4 weeks post op as of today, and I feel as though yesterday I didn't know what I wanted to eat, but at the same time I wanted everything in sight!! so I ended up eating like 200 calories over what I am supposed to eat. So don't feel bad you did nothing wrong, I think we all are going to go through very ruff times. Its just that we have to learn how to deal with these hard times cause they will come.

Don't know if this will help, but I had the conversation with my counselor 2 weeks ago about the fear of failing at this. She asked me how I would advise a friend who came and told me they had failed at something. And when I said I would be encouraging and loving to that person, she reminded me that should be the response I gave to myself as well. Not give yourself license and grace to do whatever you want, but don't be too hard on yourself. Instead try to encourage yourself as you would lovingly encourage another in the same position....

Do u still risk a leak after 5 weeks? I thought you can introduce yourself to regular food after 30 days! My objective of this surgery is to eat normal (or less) portions of everything including pizza. So I don't think you should feel bad instead be happy that you are being normal ☺️

I know exactly where you're coming from! I'd feel like I was somehow "failing" even with having a single piece of sugar-free candy & would beat myself up until one day I really sat down to reflect why I was feeling this way instead of celebrating the weight I was losing. I reminded myself that I'm human...I'm going to make mistakes, I'm going to give in sometimes, and that's ok. Truth be told, while those of us that have had WLS have made and will always make drastic changes to our eating habits, I didn't sign up to quit living. So what if I splurge on a handful of sugar free Hershey's chips every now and then? (I don't do it often because sugar free stuff can be loaded with carbs which are still evil & will slow down weight loss- don't be fooled into thinking sugar-free = guilt-free ;) ) Anyhow, I'm not going to blow rose petals at anyone here, I still get my days where I wonder if I'd be any lighter if I were more militant about what I eat, but y'know what? I'm doing a pretty darned good job! And...I'm happy, which is most important, isn't it? I say Celebrate the decision you made and each pound lost! Go get a Pandora Bracelet & get yourself a bead for every goal you make- 5 lbs. 10 lbs. dress size, whatever! By the time you're done, your wrist will be so heavy it'll be a great reminder of how far you've come! (Plus if you're like me, you'd rather have the permanency of shiny things than the temporary satisfaction of candy or whatnot anyway). :D

Thank you all for your beautiful words, they're so helpful!

I think we can be so hard on ourselves sometimes, when really we're doing amazingly well!! I'm stuck in a stall at the moment and I suppose eating a bit of pizza was not helping in my mind!

I am 11 weeks post op and have craved pizza a few times. I use to eat the thin crust pizza before surgery and know one day I will have it again. In the mean time, I have gotten cheese bread or cheese pizza and just eat the cheese off of it; this way you get the taste of pizza and don't feel bad or in pain from the crust. As for the chocolate aspect, I have just turned to sugar free option. Russel Stover makes delicious Sugar Free Chocolates, maybe try that as an option.

The sugar free doesn't cause any issues for you?

This is a life changing surgery, not life stopping! Life includes eating things that fuel your body with healthy eating....it also includes overeating, indulgences and joy. I don't eat the sugar free candies cuz the sugar alcohol makes me gassy. If I want something, I eat a bite or two and I'm done. You're allowed to be kind to yourself. That's why you had the surgery in the first place. So allow yourself a treat and pick healthier the next meal. I used to obsess over then strictest plan imaginable, and I was healthy but miserable. I finally can take a sip of a milkshake, single bite of cake/pizza/chocolate and put it down! It's amazing to be able to say NO after 1-2 bites!! It's so satisfying seeing other people jealous of my "discipline" when I've really just been "bad"!!