Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op isn't easy....

Day 2 of pre-op diet of full liquids. I can say this is the Hardest thing I've ever done! I'm hungry but it's more that I want something to actually chew and not just swallow. It is what it is! I'm going to keep pushing through. :) one bonus is I thought it would be really hard because of my addiction to Pepsi... But surprisingly I haven't even craved one. Just a big headache but my oils take care of that! :)

Somehow pre-op was easy for me. I don't know why, but I'm so thankful.

Even though it's hard on you, keep it uo. The weight loss before surgery feels good. And shrinking that liver is always a good thing! You can do this!

Consider chewing ice if you need to crush/chew things.

I feel you, on day 1 and I'm hungry, and I think just knowing I'm drinking my calories is making me nauseous.... I could totally go for something with a crunch to it.

This may gross you out and ALERT.....it may be very bad advice but I did chew a few things just to chew it and then I spit it out and rinsed my mouth out. I was going nuts and I had to CHEW something. It helped and I only had to do it a few times.

You are right. Pre-op was TOUGH. Hang in there though, it is so worth it in the end!!! The first few weeks after surgery are hard too, emotionally if not physically, so prepare yourself for that. But once you get through that you'll return to a new normal and it will all be worth it!

Pre-op has been way more difficult than I'd imagined it would be :(

I'm usually pretty disciplined, but I've been having a really hard time with this.

My surgeon requires 3 weeks of full liquids (no salads or anything). Only 1 more week!

Wow 3 weeks is a long time for strictly liquids. :( Mine is 2 weeks so I have 3 more days til I'm sleeved. Seriously last week I thought I wouldn't make it. I went a little crazy and had some emotional outbursts. I realized how in love with food I was. Like I couldn't go one single minute without thinking food food food. I'm glad I kept going and you will be too. I've found that stopping at gas stations to get different Protein Shakes helped me (almost like how I used to stop at fast food places) ...anywho...just keep pushing yourself and go to bed early...it will be worth it this summer :)

On day 3 now and my days have gradually gotten better.... still fiending for something solid by the end of the day, but it DOES get better.... I just feel like I'm getting far from enough nutrients and calories... only so much Clear Liquids, Protein drinks and yogurt you can stomach in a day....

Day 2 of pre-op diet of full liquids. I can say this is the Hardest thing I've ever done! I'm hungry but it's more that I want something to actually chew and not just swallow. It is what it is! I'm going to keep pushing through. :) one bonus is I thought it would be really hard because of my addiction to Pepsi... But surprisingly I haven't even craved one. Just a big headache but my oils take care of that! :)

What type of oils are you taking? I'm really concerned about my Diet Coke addiction. Normally if I attempt to "detox" from it I feel really bad.

What type of oils are you taking? I'm really concerned about my Diet Coke addiction. Normally if I attempt to "detox" from it I feel really bad.

It's actually an oil from theoilshoppe dot com (it's a local place but they have where you can shop online). It was 9.95 for the bottle and it's amazing! A few of my family members laughed at me for it until they needed it! Lol. They were surprised how well it worked! It's labeled "headache". The shop mixes their oils so you don't have too! This one has peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree in it. It's been used a lot and my bottle is still full.

This may gross you out and ALERT.....it may be very bad advice but I did chew a few things just to chew it and then I spit it out and rinsed my mouth out. I was going nuts and I had to CHEW something. It helped and I only had to do it a few times.

I actually have thought about doing this!

Today is day 4! After day 2 it really isn't too horrible! The shakes make me pretty full. Problem is lack of variety of food!

And good news is I'm down 10lbs in 4 days!! That's a good motivation to keep going!

My problem for the past few days is that everything is either so bland, or I'm just getting sick of the foods/textures that I can ingest. I just read up on a few things online for changing the flavors of broth and yogurt and Decaf coffee....

vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, or Ginger: add to yogurt, coffee, or chocolate/vanilla Protein shakes to change up the flavor

Garlic powder, pepper, salt substitute (for low or no sodium broths), chili powder, cumin, thyme, rosemary, basil, paprika, hot sauce, lemon juice, or soy sauce: add to your broth to make it less bland. Don't worry about putting too much - it normally takes at least a tablespoon of any of those (except the salt) to help 14oz fat free/low sodium broths have taste.

Hope it helps - I know I can't wait to try them.

I'm on day 3 of liquids for pre-op. No issues with wanting food and not really to many hunger pains but I feel very sick, jittery, light headed and just not myself, I feel like my sugar is too low, though I'm not diabetic. I did have a piece of string cheese and it helped for a couple hours. Just gotta push through it.

String cheese definitely helped me. I was allowed one a day in between Breakfast and lunch. I ate that string cheese like it owed me money!!!!! I'm getting sleeved at 5:45 AM on Tuesday. And today I could not eat or drink because I'm so nervous I actually cannot eat. Like I'm getting terrified actually. Even when I drink some Water I think about the surgery and it doesn't go down easy. ...anyone else nervous?

String cheese definitely helped me. I was allowed one a day in between breakfast and lunch. I ate that string cheese like it owed me money!!!!! I'm getting sleeved at 5:45 AM on Tuesday. And today I could not eat or drink because I'm so nervous I actually cannot eat. Like I'm getting terrified actually. Even when I drink some Water I think about the surgery and it doesn't go down easy. ...anyone else nervous?

I'm nervous too! ???? My surgery is Thursday 3/5. I'm worried about being nauseous all the time after. And lots of other things!!! ????