Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Plastic Surgeon in North NJ or Mexico. Cost?

Any recommendations? I was originally going to go with Dr. Capella, but it seems a lot of his patients have issues with stuff not healing correctly and him leaving lumps of fat by the pubic area. I am now ready to consider plastics in Mexico as well if I find someone that people have had good experiences with.

I will need a lower body lift and a breast lift. I haven't decided on an arm lift yet. Also if anyone can tell me about what they paid for these procedures, I'd appreciate it! :)

I just posted in another thread on my plastics experience in Mexico, so you can switch over there to read my whole reply:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/333467-was-sleeved-913-looking-into-plastics-help/

As for costs, I had my plastics in August 2011, so pricing has probably gone up a little since then, but my total cost was about $10500. That included an extended Tummy Tuck with muscle repair (my surgeon did three lines of stitches in the muscle like the boning of a corset, not just one down the middle), breast lift with augmentation, all over lipo/body sculpting, and two weeks in the recovery house where I had 24/7 nursing care and all my meals provided. In addition to that, I paid about $250 for compression garments and prescription meds. Plus I paid for some lymphatic massages (masseuse came to the recovery house several days and I went to her office once). I want to say that was about $50 per massage, but I'm not 100% on that. And, of course, I had to pay for my airfare for a flight into San Diego, but the recovery house provided transport to and from the airport that was included in the cost.

When I was searching for a plastic surgeon, I noticed a trend as well. Some plastic surgeons tend to have more of their patients suffer from complications. You certainly do not want that. It is your body! You do not want to take chances. I have also noticed some women bodies all look exactly the same after the procedure. Wow! Just because a plastic surgeon is popular does not mean he is good for you. (Example: Just because a McDonalds hamburger is popular does not mean it is good for you:)

I found a wonderful, unique, experienced, caring plastic surgeon - Dr. Victor Gutierrez in Tijuana, Mexico. He has all 5 star raving reviews on RealSelf.com from ALL of his patients that have written about him. Prices are listed as well. You will notice he is artistic and each persons results are different according to the person body type.

My full experience is on this site under 'Story' and pictures under 'Gallery' on this site. Check it out!

A friend had her body contouring and facial plastics with Dr. Stephen Kovach at UPenn in Philly. At this point I do not recall the price but I do remember it was less than I paid. She is completely thrilled with her results and with Dr. Kovach's bedside manner etc.

@@Sweet Pee How much did you pay for your surgery? I contacted him for a quote, but he wont' give me a price until I send him my blood work (which will take awhile). I'm just trying to get a ballpark figure because I have to save up for this and it might take awhile. :)

I had surgery with Dr Victor Gutierrez twice, and both times, my cost was more than reasonable. Many have posted what they paid on RealSelf.com depending on which surgeries they had.

Following this!

Edited by Aribay1

I was looking into Dr. Alkon in NJ. His prices/packages seem pretty reasonable. His work looks good enough to me. I'm far from getting any work done, but came across his work during my search. www.plastic-surgery-nj.com

I had my LBL with Dr Victor Gutierrez in TJ and he did a wonderful job..not only a board certified PS but he also has a specility in Micro-Surgery so his fine detail sewing is flawless, which was very important to me, as I have seen some pretty ugly looking scaring and mine is hardly even noticiable now, which is still under a year out.

I'm also in NNJ looking to do a LBL/tummy tuck, breast lift, arms and now upper thighs. Lipo too.

I want to do my face in the USA.

These are all the same surgeons I am looking at!

I now have weird skin puddling/rippling - not in my underarms but where the sides of my bra are. Every day I feel like what's next? I'm going to be putting on my shoes and my toe skin is going to be loose too? lol

Most likely those in need of PS following a large amount of weight loss will require someone who specializes in that type of PS. I had to travel in order to find such a surgeon in whom I was very pleased. Now I am planning my last surgery and will be using a different surgeon simply because it's a more difficult surgery and my current surgeon does not feel comfortable performing this surgery on me, which I am thankful for his honesty. So that being said, I am traveling to San Antonio, TX to have a long thigh lift with Dr. Peter Fisher, who is one of the leading surgeons dealing with large weight loss patients. It's worth it in the long run to travel to find the best. I plan on spending 2 weeks in Texas...it will be my vacation this year!

Most likely those in need of PS following a large amount of weight loss will require someone who specializes in that type of PS. I had to travel in order to find such a surgeon in whom I was very pleased. Now I am planning my last surgery and will be using a different surgeon simply because it's a more difficult surgery and my current surgeon does not feel comfortable performing this surgery on me, which I am thankful for his honesty. So that being said, I am traveling to San Antonio, TX to have a long thigh lift with Dr. Peter Fisher, who is one of the leading surgeons dealing with large weight loss patients. It's worth it in the long run to travel to find the best. I plan on spending 2 weeks in Texas...it will be my vacation this year!

Two things,

I absolutely agree we need a plastic surgeon with a sub specialty in Bariatric or massive weight loss.

I have complete respect for a plastic surgeon who will come out and say I cannot do that procedure. Some will say yes because they either overestimate their abilities or want the money.

And another thing, I am so excited for you for your thigh lift! I like Dr. Fisher except I do not like the cut beneath the buttocks that he does with the thigh lift... That is nothing against you or him... Just not right for me... Anyway I know you have yourself just about head to toe and it will be great to see your final transformation. You have done so well for yourself!!!

I know what you are talking about with cut under the butt, it's part of his spiral lift. I don't believe I will be getting that...But my original surgeon wanted to do a 2 part butt lift with a cut like that in the second part. But since I am not going back I don't think I will be having it done. I don't really care about having a round plump rear...I'm more concerned about having skinny thighs! That would be a dream...

I don't really care about having a round plump rear...I'm more concerned about having skinny thighs! That would be a dream...[/i]

Heck, I will take the round plump rear any day!

:-)

Funny...