Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date for tummy tuck & breast lift ....can't wait!

I had my consultation with a surgeon close to home and will be having a Tummy Tuck and breast lift April 20. I did look at doing it out of country Mexico, Dominican, Miami, but ended up choosing a surgeon close to home in Toronto.

I will be exactly 7 months post op from Gastric Sleeve and 15 lbs away from my goal weight. The doctor will see me one week before surgery for a final assessment but felt that my goal weight may be under where I should be. She does a no-drain tummy tuck which did help me make the decision to do it close to home. I did my Sleeve in Mexico but because the recovery may be harder I wanted the follow up care. Thanks for letting me share. Anyone else do it within the first year of being sleeved

I have my abdominoplasty done at 11 months post-op. I've been very happy with my results. Having a tight, flat, hard stomach is fabulous!

Good luck! It's a lot to go through. I'm a little concerned about the "no drain" thing, but I defer to the expert. When I had my extended Tummy Tuck with muscle repair in 2011, I had two drains for two full weeks and they produced a LOT of Fluid and I had addition issues with Fluid build-up once the drains were removed.

Of course, now that I'm 3.5 years out from my plastics, that's all a distant memory now and I am thrilled with my results. Hopefully you will be too!

Actually the no drain technique decreases the chance of Fluid build up and faster recovery. This method removes excess skin and fat by liposuction from the abdomen and then tightens the muscle of the abdominal wall and the skin of the abdomen. Muscle is tightened from the breast bone to the pubic bone and extra skin and fat are removed. The remaining skin is sewn together, closing the space and leaving no room for fluid to accumulate. Progressive tension sutures hold the tissue together controlling abdominal movement during the healing process. How long was the recovery for you. Any complications

I had Fluid build-up in my lower back that caused me a lot of issues post-op. My incision for my TT was almost all the way around my body, with only about a 3 inch space above my butt crack between the two ends. All of the Fluid that needed to move between the upper and lower parts of my body would bottle-neck there and cause swelling of the soft tissue in my lower back. It was painful to sit or stand for a very long time. I had to work half-days at work for quite a while, because I couldn't sit in my office chair for 8 hours at a time.

Once my lymphatic channels were reestablished and fluid could move freely through my body again, I was fine. Unfortunately that takes quite a long time!

I am very happy with my ultimate results though. My stomach stayed tight and flat all through my weight regain of the past few years and now that I am losing again post-sleeve, it looks amazing. You can see pics in my gallery, but it looks even better than those most recent progress pics because now that I'm doing core strength training, I'm even starting to see some ab definition.

As for my breast lift/augmentation.... BEST THING EVER!!!!! Just ask my husband! ;P

Tomorrow makes 7 weeks out from my lower body lift, and I still have a seroma - I've been going to the doctor for the past three weeks to get it repeatedly drained. If it is still there next week I will have to get a drain put back in for a while. I keep telling myself to take the long view, but this has been a real drag!

Tomorrow makes 7 weeks out from my lower body lift, and I still have a seroma - I've been going to the doctor for the past three weeks to get it repeatedly drained. If it is still there next week I will have to get a drain put back in for a while. I keep telling myself to take the long view, but this has been a real drag!

Hang in there. My complications post-op had me virtually bed-ridden for months, but now, 3.5 years out, I have zero regrets. Well, I regret regaining all the weight and I'm very grateful my Tummy Tuck held up through my regain, but you know what I mean. Now that I am losing again post-sleeve and almost back down to the weight I was at when I had my plastics, I am thrilled!