Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for some veteran sleeve guidance… HELP!

I am so miserable I just want to SCREAM!!!

I am 10 weeks post op and I have absolutely no idea what is going on with me right now. Absolutely everything I eat makes my stomach cramp. I take daily Prilosec as well as Hyoscyamine, and nothing seems to work. I have been eating some things that I know I shouldn't simply to get some nutrition. I know I'm not getting in anywhere near enough Protein and I'm definitely not getting in enough liquids.< /span>

I don't know if anyone else has or is going through a "regretful" stage, but I'm there full force right now. I've been in a stall for a month now, and all of this together is making me want to jump off a bridge (not really, but you know what I mean). I need some help with a quickness!!! This is just becoming way too much to deal with.

10 weeks is a long way out to still be feeling discomfort EVERY time you eat ANYTHING. Have you talked to your surgeon or nutritionist? I'm sure you've already covered all the bases in terms of making sure you chew chew chew and eat slowly.

What is preventing you from getting all your fluids at this point? Does drinking cause you discomfort as well?

As for your stall, that is bound to happen if you aren't getting any food in. You are basically starving, which means your metabolism has probably completely shut down in order to save your life.

I would say if it is this bad this far out from surgery, you really need to be talking with your surgeon about potential causes of your discomfort and having some tests run. It is not normal to be that uncomfortable over 2 months out from surgery.

Most people have buyers remorse earlier on. I didn't but I am strange...lol

Your stomach is giving you trouble. It is something you really need to discuss with your surgeon. There are Protein powders you can add to yogurt and pudding not to mention cottage cheese. Try eggs. Do they stay down. I can eat scrambled but not fried. Protein shakes or smoothies might be an option for now. I spent 5.5 months only consuming Protein drinks and a little ice cream which I cannot eat now..It hates me!

You have to find what you can tolerate at this point. Trying is the only way.

If you are not eating enough your body will stop you dead from losing. It is your bodies way of protecting itself right now. Also if you are not drinking enough Water. It will affect your stomach and bowels. That is why it is so important to get the Water in.

Contact your surgeon he may have a good idea how you can cope with this for now.

stomach cramp- not getting in enough liquids.

@@GreenEyes604

pre-op/post op losing 67 lbs is great :rolleyes:

as far as the stall goes

most of us get them

telling you that, doesn't help you though :(

they can last anywhere from one week, one month, or more :angry:

i am soooo very sorry you are having a rough time :(

is the cramping recent - week or so??

cramps, having to hold your tummy is no fun :(

i don't know if its ok to use a heating pad??on your new little tummy? not sure :huh:

not sure about that "bad" stuff you are referring to?

when you eat that, is your tummy ok?? :blink:

make sure you are always taking small bites

eat very slowly

chewing thoroughly into mush (yeach)

after each bite, put utensil down for a couple of minutes before you start to eat again

try to push the fluids - sip verrrry slowly

I agree you should call/see the doc

he is the one that knows you

you know you'll hear alot of good advice, suggestions, experiences on this board, but...........

at the end of the day ALWAYS ONLY listen to your surgeon/NUT (or me) :D :D

feel better

good luck ;)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I am 10 weeks out from surgery also.

The others are right, you need to see your Dr. The sooner the better.

***UPDATE***

I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get some answers then.

***UPDATE***

I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get some answers then.

Spend about 1/2hr writing down all of the issues you are experiencing for examples what foods you are ok with and what you are not ok with. Even if they are foods you shouldn't be eating if you can keep them down the Dr needs to know what they are. Also what you are drinking and as close as possible the amounts of it. Also how often you are going to the bathroom. Having all of this written down will help you to give him as much information as possible and not missing something that could trigger a solution to the problem for you. Good Luck

I feel you. I am only 5 weeks out and feel like pulling my hair out. Not enough Protein or liquids or food. All i want to do is eat stuff but im scared too. I feel like i made a mistake doing this!!!

I feel you. I am only 5 weeks out and feel like pulling my hair out. Not enough Protein or liquids or food. All i want to do is eat stuff but im scared too. I feel like i made a mistake doing this!!!

Sounds like you have hit the wall but it does get better. Concentrate on one thing at a time fluids first to prevent dehydration because this will knock the wind out of you. Then protein so that you have the energy to get through the day then start working on the amount of calories you have been told to aim for. Fluid and Protein will make you start to feel better, you can do it and when you do you will feel so much better and so happy you made this decision

@@GreenEyes604

How did your doctor appointment go?

How did your doctor appointment go?

@@GreenEyes604

couple weeks since you saw surgeon

how did things work out??

inquiring minds want to know ;)

cramping, enough Protein?? :blink:

hope you are not 2nd guessing surgery still

hopefully things are gradually improving :blush:

good luck

feel better