Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

going band to bypass in in 2 weeks!

I had my lap band (now that I think of it....March of 2010!) It was a disaster from the jump for me. So, I am doing the bypass in two weeks. I'm definitely struggling a bit with self confidence this go round with one let down under my belt but, trying to keep positive!

Good luck on your surgery. I am 21 months post-op on RNY surgery. After surgery I found that hunger was not constantly gnawing at my bones and as a result the weight seemed to drop right off.

That's great! I'm sure you must feel so much better. After having lost a lot of weight and then, putting it all right back, I felt like gravity was tripled or something! I am looking forward to loosing all the aches and pains of an old lady and the oh so sexy sweating again! However, I am surprisingly scared now that the date is looming like the sword of Damocles (who would never need this surgery BTW! lol)

Lap band removal to bypass for me also. (April 13, 2015) June 2011 was my lap band and I am 30 pounds heavier than when I had lap band :(

Looking forward to loosing weight and no throwing up!!

GIRL, I hear that! lol I had mine out a year ago, now I am at the same weight I was when I got the band. It was a huge let down and really mentally and emotionally draining. Then to have to fight with insurance on top was a nice cherry to that poop sunday! lol I think the worst experience I had with my band was shortly after I had it in and was having some wait gain, went to their support groups. I listened quietly to all these poor people just like me who were anywhere from just out of surgery to five years post op. All but two still morbidly obese. Seeing that this was my future after all I had just undertaken was heartbreaking. I am scared and trying to mentally prepare again for the huge life change but I know this is the real deal. My sister had the sleeve and lost 93lbs since September. Its too bad we didn't know more the first go round but, better late than never! Ill be thinking of you on your date and saying a prayer to the skinny gods for you!

GIRL, I hear that! lol I had mine out a year ago, now I am at the same weight I was when I got the band. It was a huge let down and really mentally and emotionally draining. Then to have to fight with insurance on top was a nice cherry to that poop sunday! lol I think the worst experience I had with my band was shortly after I had it in and was having some wait gain, went to their support groups. I listened quietly to all these poor people just like me who were anywhere from just out of surgery to five years post op. All but two still morbidly obese. Seeing that this was my future after all I had just undertaken was heartbreaking. I am scared and trying to mentally prepare again for the huge life change but I know this is the real deal. My sister had the sleeve and lost 93lbs since September. Its too bad we didn't know more the first go round but, better late than never! Ill be thinking of you on your date and saying a prayer to the skinny gods for you!

Did your insurance pay for the lap band to bypass?

If so, what complications did you have with the band in order for the insurance to pay?

Well, they did in the end. I had two denials first, then hired and advocate group out of CA who really knows their stuff and conversion denials are their strong suit. After a few months of fighting, they got it passed. As far as issues, I sited, constant vomiting, a hernia that developed after the band, GERD, constant fills and deflations, unable to take my anti convulsives and still remain in the GREEN zone and just overall mental anguish over the lack of success of the device and all the while being told it was my fault, not my TOOL. I was being seen and medicated by a psychiatrist by the end! It was one on the worst experiences of my life, so deflating, and heartbreaking and really shook my self confidence so much that I am second guessing my decisions about the GB. Im gun shy about making up my own mind about anything having to do with weight loss. It was really awful.

Are you having trouble getting an approval? If so, I would be happy to pass along the name and number of my advocate. They are not free, not super expensive either but they will bend over backward to work with you on payments, they want to help anyone needing help first and foremost. They will let you know if you truly have a good case or they don't feel they can help right off the bat. Let me know, you don't have to struggle alone as I tried to do. Once I had a team, that fought like hell for me, and kept in touch, were good listeners, understood my worry and pain and were GB patients themselves, it was such a good feeling. I felt that win or loose, I really had given it my best shot! Please let me know if this is going on for you, I know they can help, even if just to inform you better.

I had the Band in 2009 and lost a total of 130 pds.. just recently I found out that I have a hiatal hernia and my band slipped, so just got the approval yesterday for band, hernia and bypass to be done... Im very excited.

That's great Toni! I hope you see a real ramp up in weight loss after the GB like everybody says. I am having mine on March 11, and I'm scared after the whole band experience but, I'm hopeful I will get the results I had been hoping for when I got the band in.