Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now that I'm 7 month post surgery, I feel like everything is going in slow motion and the days are long. Been going through sad emotions for no reason, anyone going through or went through this?

It has been a crummy winter and depression thrives on crummy winters. There is nothing wrong with consulting a therapist. It might be a good idea to consult your nutritionist, too. Keep your chin up - remember that your chin is getting smaller every day! Just think of how nice it will be to wear some new summer clothes soon. No hiding. Walking and strutting your stuff. The sun will come out tomorrow!

Yes and my doctor told me my carbs had been too low for too long. After two weeks of increasing them I feel a ton better.

I see a psych doc for depression, mood disorder, and HORRID life-long insomnia.

Seeing him is one of the best choices I've made. I was getting to the point where I was ready to die.

He helped me clear that fog.

It's hard work (for me) but you'll feel much better! Promise! ❤️

I'm 7 months out and I am starting to feel the same way. I have no desire to eat or be active lately. I've been forcing myself to get my Protein in but regardless I can't seem to shake this feeling.

I'm 7 months out and I am starting to feel the same way. I have no desire to eat or be active lately. I've been forcing myself to get my Protein in but regardless I can't seem to shake this feeling.[/quote

I think it's normal for us with a history of depression to go through short spells of depression. It's when it gets worse or lasts more than a few weeks when it becomes more concerning. Have you talked to your doctor about it? While it's the last thing I want to do when I'm depressed, walking and listening to my favorite music usually perks me up.

I've been having a hard time with depression lately myself....I am sure it is partly due to the long cold and heavy snow falls of this winter.

Really fighting this episode... :(

I'm at about the same point, and I was feeling pretty down for most of February. I've noticed that when we had a couple of days of nicer, warmer weather, I did start to feel a little more up. But yeah, I definitely have been having some depression lately, too. (I was sleeved at the end of last July.)

As a Psychology major and also from my own personal experience with depression, I can say that these feelings are normal during the winter months. I still have days where I feel like I'm trying to climb out of a dark hole...but I work everyday, I'm active with my kids' softball and baseball teams, and this weekend I will begin tilling my garden to prep for a new garden...You have to stay busy and if you don't have any interest in life it's easy to become depressed. Get out of your house, even if you just walk around your local mall when you start to have these dark feelings or look up your next vacation spot online...I look at pictures of the beaches in the Caribbean.. :) ...If I weren't busy with my kids everyday, I would probably be a gym rat just for the socialization.......

This goes out to anyone who will listen, I'm going to get the sleeve surgery done, I'm a little nervous and wondering if anyone who had it done regrets it ?

I'm a little depressed too...

To everyone who is going through the depression right now...

So am I! Yes, it's partially this long, awful winter- I think I will literally jump for joy when the temp goes above 40.

But also, think about all the feelings that come along with this process. I just started a post on here about going through an emotional rollercoaster, and I haven't had the surgery yet! This is all a lot of very hard work.

If you are feeling depressed and you've never seen a therapist before, I would highly recommend it. And if that person doesn't help, find someone who does! I'm a veteran of therapy and I've suffered with anxiety and depression for a long time, but now I can proudly say I have the coping skills to feel like crap some days and still get up in the morning and live my life! It always passes, and things always get better. Cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavior therapy (google them!) are extremely effective tools.

Everyone keep your chins up! Remember: "this too shall pass," and "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself".