Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calories intake 3 months out of Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I am totally lost for food In tAke.

I asked my NUT about how many calories I should have a day, she said around 700-800. I am getting over that. More like 1,200 most days. I am losing, but I am so frustrated and sad to think I am back at my old dieting ways. I am drinking Premier Protein shakes 2 a day, 1 Quest bar for that right there is 480, I had 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 eng. muffin -330. That right there is over 800.

How much do you all get In a day?

Is my NUT wrong?

I am usually somewhere between 600-800. With the food you mention with the shakes, Quest bar, and scrambled eggs/muffin that would put you at right about 810, so where are the other 390 calories coming from?

Edited to add: My doctor hasn't given me a calorie range or target, just Protein and Fluid goals. I have my 3 month appt in just over a week, so I'll see what he says then.

Edited by sweetie716

3 months out I was averaging about 600-700 but my doctor wanted me to be taking in closer to 1,000. I think this is one of those things that can be pretty individualized based on your bmi and how quickly your losing and some other factors

At 3 months, I ate about 500-600 calories a day. At about 4-6 months, I was at 600-700. From 6 months to a year, I was 800-900. Since then, I average around 1000-1400.

I'm seven months out and I very rarely go over 800 cals a day. When I do it's a gym day and I'm burning 500 to 600 cals. I then add a banana or Fiber one cookie for the extra carb and calories, and of course for the extrs treat, Lol. Also, I eat plenty and don't think I could get to 1200 at this point.

I probably got around 800-1000 at 3 months out and honestly that's still where I'm at in the 5th month. My doctor wants me off of Protein shakes by my 6 month appt and I noticed that days I don't drink them, I have less calories for the day.

I get around 650-800/day. I don't get ANY calories from Protein supplements though (no shakes, no bars, etc).

I think you will lose if you don't go over 1200 Max. I think it the carbs that matter more- no more than 30 a day max. Weight Watchers is a 1200 calorie diet and Atkins is 30 carbs per day diet

I'm pre-op but dieting and haven't gone over 900 (my target) for a couple of weeks. I feel like I am eating enough food even at these low calories (also trying to eat low carb and high protein). I've been wondering how I'd be able to get the same calories in with a smaller stomach - I feel like I'd have to be eating all day! I'm worried that if I had to let some calorie rich foods back into my diet post-op, it'll derail me.

I am four months out and my dr wants me between 900-1200, higher on the work out days. It was suggested no more than one Protein Drink a day. They prefer I get calories from food.< /p>

I was typically around 900 calories and had stalled the last 3 weeks. I started tracking again this past week & upped my calories to 1100. I finally lost weight this week. Hard to wrap my brain around it.

I am totally lost for food In tAke.

I asked my NUT about how many calories I should have a day, she said around 700-800. I am getting over that. More like 1,200 most days. I am losing, but I am so frustrated and sad to think I am back at my old dieting ways. I am drinking premier Protein shakes 2 a day, 1 Quest bar for that right there is 480, I had 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 eng. muffin -330. That right there is over 800.

How much do you all get In a day?

Is my NUT wrong?

That's a lot of food. If you are eating food why do you need 2 shakes a day? You could cut one out and easily drop calories and carbs. I still can't eat more than one egg at a time.

I'm 5 months and I eat between 700 -850 calories a day and I am typically stuffed.

I probably got around 800-1000 at 3 months out and honestly that's still where I'm at in the 5th month. My doctor wants me off of Protein shakes by my 6 month appt and I noticed that days I don't drink them, I have less calories for the day.

I do Protein Shakes on gym days when I'm burning more calories. My doctor is okay with it because this was my routine pre WLS.

I am looking at my NUT plan from week 8 on, and it says 1000-1200 calories per day. That seems way high to me.

The thing is, I go to the gym, do cardio and strength training. My job requires me to be on my feet 8 hrs a day and I'm awake from 5 am -

12:30 am.

Up when the kiddos get up and back to bed when I get home from work.

So I'm wondering of that was why.

Because, 700 calories just isn't gonna cut it, I'd pass out lol

It's bad enough sometimes I have to sit because I get dizzy.

My other food are Oikios zero and a low fat cheese stick and 1/4 cup almonds my NUT suggested