Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleeves, how are you doing?

I've lost 30 pounds, but have lost nothing in past 3 weeks. Still have trouble meeting protein/liquid levels,. I have had some pretty miserable nausea to deal with, everything I try to eat tastes gross to me. Trying to just push on, hoping for better days and more weightless. Would be very upset to go through this and only lose 30 pounds..lol. How is everyone else doing?

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling like that! When do you have your next follow-up? You might want to talk about the nausea and how food doesn't taste good. I had my sleeve on Dec 3rd and am doing pretty well. I am still learning what foods my tummy can tolerate and have days where I eat more than I should and have that yucky full feeling to contend with for awhile. But.. I've never been sick, just had nausea a few times when eating new things and then I don't eat those again. I'm still losing but have days in a row where I sit on the same number on the scale and start to feel discouraged. I just remind myself of the basics... Protein, veggies, Water, exercise, and things get moving in the right direction again. I think you're gonna get going that way too! :)

I am struggling with some of the same issues. I was sleeved on 12/12 and I too am in a stall. I've been the same weight for the past 3 1/2 weeks. I have horrible stomach cramps whenever I eat anything, which just pushes me further and further away from wanting to eat anything, but I know I have to eat. I struggle everyday with trying to get my liquid and Protein minimums in, but I just keep taking one day at a time.

I've lost a total of 67 pounds. I've lost 37 pounds since my surgery. I too would be very disheartened if this was all the weight I lost post op.

Surgery 12/22. I am being treated for the nausea with carafate and reglan which has helped, but I'm still puny. Dr says not an uncommon complaint for sleeve patients, usually clears up @ 6 months, just really grossed out by all foods. I even have tried some old favorite junk food, still gross. On a brighter note , I've gotten my bowels regulated,! But have horrible menstrual cycles now! I keep looking for the silver lining, I'm sure it will appear eventually.

I have the nausea too...mostly with Water, which makes it really hard to even *want* to drink it. I'm still struggling with knowing when the last bite is...I usually have one more bite and then get mad at myself lol I hit a stall last week, but started going to the gym, which seemed to shake it loose. My caloric intake has been high (around 900), but I was trying to get all my Protein from food - I started having a Protein Shake every day, so the calories have gone down, and now I can have fruit or other things that I didn't have the non-protein room for...more variety = happier me!

Hey fellow December sleevers! I got sleeved 12/11. I'd lost exactly 50 pounds preop, and I'm down 44 since surgery, HW 331, SW 281, CW 237. I've pretty much hit my Protein and Fluid goals since about 3 days out. I exercise everyday. I haven't had issues with any particular foods (just had steak for the first time yesterday!). I measure/weigh my food close to 95% of the time if it's not pre-packaged like cheese sticks or a Protein shake. Biggest struggles have been recurring Constipation and making time to sit and drink my Water.

I had my sleeve on 12/12 and am down 32 pounds. I go in for my 6 week follow up on 2/25 and want to be under 200 pounds, I started at 232. I feel great although the loss has been slow. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week and nobody has noticed much weight loss at all. My dad left on New Year's Day and when I picked him up at the airport he noticed immediately the weight loss in my face. I still eat very small servings and can't eat more than a few bites at a meal.

At least all of of weight loss post op seems aboutthe same.

Hi @@HMR! I was sleeved 12/29, down 51 from 3 day pre-op, 42 since surgery. I too feel nauseous frequently, mainly when I drink Water. I can't keep down any form of meat so far. =( whether it's deli turkey, ground beef or chicken it comes up within minutes of going down. I'm scared to eat I'd I'm not home, for this reason, and constantly carry around yogurt and Protein Shakes.

I was sleeved 12/29; lost 15 pre-op and 27 since surgery. I have no nausea or vomiting and the only thing I have problems getting down so far is chicken. I get 50 - 60g of Protein every day and I'm working hard at getting 40 - 48 oz of liquids each day. My calories are usually 700 - 1000 per day. However, I have not lost a lb in 2 weeks! Don't know if I'm eating too much, or not enough!

I was sleeved on 12/1/14, I am down 55 poounds. I have stalls to which last about 1 or 2 weeks then I lose 5 pounds. I believe I am meeting all my Protein and other nutritional goals. I have an upcoming follow up appointment in March.

I was sleeved back on 12/22/14. During the liquid diet phase I lost about 30lbs going from like 491 to about 461. Since the surgery as of last week I was at 384lbs. So if including the liquid diet phase I am down about 107lbs. Have I had complication, oh hell yeah. Let start with a Vitamin deficiency that has landed me in the hospital twice within the past two months. First time was a stomach bug and strep throat that made me sick which caused getting anything down to be difficult. the second time was from sever dehydration because I just couldn't stop puking, that caused me to have blurry vision and now short memory loss that I have been battling for about 3 weeks now.

As far as weight lost I haven't stalled cause I'm still not eating as much as I did and my surgeon had me start my weeks back over again. So I'm just now back on "soft solids" again. Other than the memory loss and sense of confusion I am happy with the progress. I feel like I could be farther along with this, but getting sick was also not in the plans. I will follow up with my primary doctor to see about getting on the B complex shot instead of taking the oral stuff to help at least restore my short term memory and get my B Vitamin levels back on point.

Good luck to everyone.

Surgery was on 12/16 and I am down 44 pounds so far.. I have had little stalls but that is to be expected.

I have also had some wicked reflux that I have never had before... I see my nut again on Wednesday.

I have problems getting chicken down too. As a matter of fact i prefer not to have chicken. I love seafood and I've been eating mussels at least 2-3 per week. What are you eating for Protein?