Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How has your life changed after surgery?

Hi, my names Leah I'm 20 years old and I'm thinking about getting the gastric sleeve surgery and I just want to see how it effects your daily activities and habits. I know that the few months following surgery you need to eat liquids and semi solid food, but I want to know about what happens long term. I would really like to hear others tell me their journey. Thank you all!

I'm between 2 and 3 months out, and the only thing that's really different for me is that I make it a priority to exercise every morning and I have a general plan of what I'm going to eat each day. I have to get things ready/packed for work or any other times I'm not going to be home. I do have to watch the clock sometimes to make sure I'm eating on a rough schedule of about 3-4 hours between meals and to make sure I stop drinking half and hour before meals and wait half an hour after meals. Hope this helps!

3 years out and my life is so much better! It is wonderful to no longer be driven by hunger 24/7. It is amazing to feel so good. It's almost surreal to realize I dont look half bad either. I have to watch what I e at, work out.. I don't have any real issues or side effects except I don't tolerate rich food (ice cream for example) very well. I am more prone to digestive issues but they are mild and do not impact my quality of life or social life.

I am not exactly sure what you are asking about...specific questions?

3 years out and my life is so much better! It is wonderful to no longer be driven by hunger 24/7. It is amazing to feel so good. It's almost surreal to realize I dont look half bad either. I have to watch what I e at, work out.. I don't have any real issues or side effects except I don't tolerate rich food (ice cream for example) very well. I am more prone to digestive issues but they are mild and do not impact my quality of life or social life.

I am not exactly sure what you are asking about...specific questions?

I am a year out, have lost 94 pounds, I feel different. I look different

I wasn't unhappy before the sleeve but now I am very happy!

I am no longer focused on me, I let my hair go white,

Bought new clothes and I am told I carry myself with a confidence I have never had before. Only regret, why didn't I do this earlier.

8 months out & 100+ LBs down I look and feel good, my knees aren't screaming at me anymore (thank God). I've had to get used to compliments on my looks and weight loss. I can walk up and down stairs (not sideways) without holding on, pushing my weight onto to the railing to relieve my knees.

I'm not exercising, some walking but that's it, but not sitting around on the couch. I'm not eating diet food or dieting, the sleeve is doing it's job by limiting my eating. I eat very small portions of food that I like...it's what I should've been able to do all along, but now with the sleeve I can do that. I'm still amazed at how I get full so fast with so little, but hey...I'm full / satisfied.

I'm still losing weight, just slower now.