Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bilatoral medial thigh lift

Not yet, but it's on my wish list for once I'm at goal and have maintained for about a year. I already had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift w/implants back when I lost 90 pounds "on my own" a few years ago, so I won't need those procedures. But it had been my plan to have my thighs done sometime after that first round of plastics and now that I've regained and re-lost the weight, my thighs are in even worse shape than they were back then!

Definitely on my wish list, won't feel comfortable in a swim suit or shorts without it.....

Definitely on my wish list. I was wearing a swimsuit all week while in Hawaii and although I was celebrating my weight loss both my legs and arm skin was making me feel like everyone was looking at me.

I just kept telling myself that none of these people will ever see me again and as soon as I lose to my goal and keep it off for a bit, I will start with arms and go from there.

So to clarify, do you mean the thigh lift with the groin incision or the thigh lift where the incision runs down the inside of your leg to your knee? I had the groin incision version done- eh, I wasn't a fan so far. My doctor is going to do a revision at my next surgery. It seems like you get the best result with the version that has the scar to your knee, but then of course you have the trade-off with the scar.

Either way- plastics are the bees' knees, so if you can afford it, totally go get a consultation. I am a HUGE fan of my doctor, and an even bigger fan of the results from my other plastics procedures.

@@AvaFern I completely agree that plastics are the "bee's knees"! I don't know why people are so averse to them. I don't think I'd ever have plastics on my face (I'm not a vain person, I don't even wear makeup!), but I think they are great for feeling comfortable and confident in your own body. Having clothes fit well and just having a pleasing shape.... I can't explain it, but it's awesome.

I had some complications after my Tummy Tuck that had me virtually bedridden for months, it was expensive, I have scars, I gained and lost weight multiple times post-op, and I STILL consider it one of the best things I ever did for myself. I am still 100% thrilled I had it done. I'm even looking at having to have my breast implants removed and replaced, because the left one is malpositioned (a situation that is being exacerbated by my current post-sleeve weight loss) and I am STILL psyched about my breast implants too! When my plastic surgeon said I'd need to have my implants out for 6 weeks in order to allow things to contract and heal up before getting new ones put in, all I could think about was "how am I going to live for 6 weeks without my boobs!?!?" It wasn't even the money, or the surgery, or the recovery that worried me... it was those 6 weeks without my implants in!

@JaimeLogical, what is the substance being used in breast implants these days? Just curious? My breasts came in sagging DDs at 9 years old! I'm definitely perking the girls up at the end of this!

Edited by MisforMimi

@@MisforMimi Mine are silicone gel... also known as "gummy bear implants". I LOVE the feel of them. The weight and consistency is exactly like real breast tissue. I'm only having them removed because of the malpositioning and my new ones are going to be pretty much exactly the same... same brand and material at least. The manufacturer is replacing the implants themselves free of charge, which is nice. I am only paying for the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and hospital fees.

@MisforMimi Not to hijack Jamie's reply, but I also have sillicone and am very happy with them. The only weird thing is that they do move around under your pectoral muscle, so it feels a little funny (literally haha funny, not painful or anything) at times if you shift them. Also, like Jamie's mine are covered for 10 years for replacement if there is anything wrong with them- I believe most sillicone manufacturer's have that kind of warranty, so that's nice to know as well.

As for fake boobies, I am now of the opinion that, why would anyone want real ones? Lol. My implants are semi-new, I got them in August, but I definitely still admire them in the mirror. They are so perky and cute now!

Thanks @@JamieLogical and @@AvaFern! I would not know what to do with myself if my boobies were perky!!! I'd haveta be dragged from the mirror! Or if my inner thighs didn't resemble cottage cheese for that matter...That's what they looked like before when I lost weight. Thigh and boobie plastic surgery for me!

Edited by MisforMimi

I had a medial thigh lift. Watch who you choose for your plastic surgeon on this procedure in particular.

I had a medial thigh lift. Watch who you choose for your plastic surgeon on this procedure in particular.

Can you elaborate on that? Why is it more important to be particular about your surgeon with this procedure and how did you choose yours?

@@JamieLogical many plastic surgeons say it is a difficult procedure that does not yield good results. I had one PS tell me that personally at a consult and I've read comments from plastic surgeons on realself. And based on many of the results I have seen, well, these surgeons are right.

When I asked my surgeon about this he said it is not a difficult procedure if you know what you are doing. My thighs were so disgusting to me and he made them beautiful. He surely knew what he was doing and was not expensive.

Look at lots of before and after photos. Talk to patients. Read reviews. Have the surgeon show you your expected results by pulling your skin. Be sure to know where the scar will be. Ask the surgeon how many of the procedures s/he has done and how often is s/he doing them? Be careful of insincerity and don't be taken in by heavy marketing tactics.

I chose Dr. Capella many years before I had my plastic surgery based on his body of work, reputation, experience, my belief and trust in him, my comfort with him, and his price. I had my whole body done.

Edited by My Bariatric Life

Thanks @@JamieLogical and @@AvaFern! I would not know what to do with myself if my boobies were perky!!! I'd haveta be dragged from the mirror! Or if my inner thighs didn't resemble cottage cheese for that matter...That's what they looked like before when I lost weight. Thigh and boobie plastic surgery for me!

LOL, I had my boobs done a couple of months ago, and I have to say, I spend a lot of time admiring them! I'm like a teenager getting them for the first time, only they are way better this time! They are very pretty.

I had my thighs done, long incision to knee, and they aren't great, but better. Still worth it to me.

Would you say these need the thigh lift with scar to knee?post-176115-14241247397548_thumb.jpg