Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since 2011 gastric sleeve post op....

I've gained 14 lbs

I snack all day but wake up from this zombie snacking effect i go right back to snacking on veggies, fruit, tablespoon of Peanut Butter and even drink veggie juices to stay away from the bad stuff. If im seriously craving it, i grab a handful of whatever it is.

I still can't finish a whole meal, there are times when i can eat a little more then other times it's like my stomach rubber bands up and down. I use small containers to carry Snacks but there are times when i go for that pizza and i can't even finish 2 slices.

Hunger pains are definitely different, sometimes i don't know if im hungry, however if im too busy to eat and i've ignored those confused hunger pains, i will turn into your worst nightmare and i'll get lightheaded and confused and in need of anything to eat like now.

There are times when i catch myself eating normal again and that's when i have to stop and reboot back to eating from small containers. I want to avoid going back to eating normal size meals, i don't know if that's possible.

I do end up throwing alot of food away, especially if it's unhealthy stuff. Once i've had something super unhealthy or greasy if i can't finish it, i throw it away to avoid eating the same unhealthy stuff either later or the next day.

I have no problem eating anything and i enjoy more veggies now than before, it's kind of weird. The only main problem is the constant snacking all day long, i've had to maintain it to carrying apples or carrots in my purse because at one point i was carrying Cookies and chips. But it's right after the other so i have to be careful to stop strolling the vending machine.

I started juicing and strangely doritso who use to be my comfort of snacking, now taste salty and i can't even taste the cheese it's just pure salt. So far juicing keeps me full.

I haven't really had any major problems with my hair, i was taking Biotin way before the surgery and stopped taken them after the surgery. My hair did thin a bit but i started using these shampoos at first from this online website, forgot what it was called, it worked wonders but a bit pricey. I stopped using it once my hair felt normal again. And now i use an Argon Shampoo from Sally's beauty store.

I hated taking all those required Vitamins after a year i stopped taking them, BIG MISTAKE! I have been mildly anemic all my life and this almost cost me my life, i became severely anemic in 2013, my body was giving out and i had to get 2 bags of blood for an emergency blood transfusion. I then started taking my Iron pills and a daily Vitamin but been eating and drinking alot of veggies and food with high iron and so far so good and i get tested regulary to make sure my hemoglobin is ok (it was at 6.5 in 2013, yes 6.5!) So please take your vitamins and get your checks up regularly! That is all :)

What are you doing about Protein? You mentioned a lot of veggies and fruit as Snacks and you mentioned that you are juicing. Doesn't seem like it would leave much room for protein in your diet.

One of the techniques I still use is appetizer size utinsels and little teaplates to eat from. It is amazing how much easier it is to convince my brain I have just eaten a feast when food is "presented" this way.

I was warned early on that the two biggest issues over the long run are 1. going back to large portions - essentially getting in the habit of seeking "full" rather than "no longer hungry" and 2. grazing - snacking.

When I am dying to snack, I have blueberries - fresh ones. And here is the trick - eat them one at a time. Even I get bored with that and suddenly don't want to snack...haha.

BTW, I do eat all sorts of foods, enjoy a nice light restaurant meal etc so I don't want to make it sound like I live some sort of self deprivation but it is more using these little tricks so that MOST of the time I am eating in the way I want.

Thanks for the supplement reminders, recently I realized I have been slacking so been working to get back on track with my Calcium especially - but all of them really. I HATE those dang pills but I do find that taking them pretty much kills any urge to snack. I take calcium citrate so they are effective without food. My blood work hasn't been checked in about 9 months, but my Iron is always good so knock on wood on that one!