Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Ireland

Hi everyone!

My name is Dini. I've had my date set for my band on 26th of June with Advanced Costmetic Surgery. They've been really helpful and I' really looking forward to being a normal weight.

Is there anyone from Ireland here. Would love to talk to you guy if any around. Any advice would be wonderful.

Dr Jarome is my ''man'' is there anyone her who has had there band on by him?

anyways looking forward to hearing from you ALL

Talk soon & and take care to all

Dini

Hi ! :-D

How are you ??

Im from Ireland. I going have my first consultation with Jerome Manuceau (Advanced Cosmetic Surgery) in Dublin on 8th of September. How are you getting on since your surgery ? Are you happy ? :-) How is life with your lap-band ?

Its great to find someone who has been a patient of Dr Manuceau . Have you found anyone elso who has had Dr Manuceau as their surgeon ? I havent really been able to find any of his past patients to chat to. Would you mind if I ask you a few questions ??

I'd really like to know how you found Dr Manuceau ? And how are you finding the "after-care" at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery ?

Thanks and Best of Luck :-)

hi there just to let you know that in the introductions forum there is a thread called Hi from Ireland that has recent posts from loads of people who were banded in Ireland.Drop in and best of luck with your op!

hi im ciarrai from belfast. i had my surgery n dublin at ac clinic back n april. i found info and support minimal. im due to go back to dubin next week cos my port has flipped.any one else been to ac.

hi i was banded at acs Dublin april 07 had 3 fills before i felt any small restriction then Jerome left and it was 6 months(Jan 08) before i got my next fill which was the first time i felt any real restriction. Spent the last 2 months re learning to eat small amounts and slowly.I have only lost 21lbs i am really worried after receiving the letter about the company being sold my biggest fear is if the band slips I am beginning to wish I never had it done. delighted to discover this chat room as i didn't no it existed.

Hi All

I am from Dublin and had my banding done on Monday the 21st of April 2008. To be honest all the research in the world has not prepared me for the pain after the operations. It is now day 4 and I am starting to feel a little better.

I did lose 1 stone in the 2 weeks before the operations on the liquid diet and the doctor says I should lose another stone in the next two weeks which is positive and makes me feel happpier that I did the operations.

My only advice to anyone is make sure that you have picked the right doctor and care for you as there are many people out there offering lots of different packages? The question is it the right package for you as this is a life decision.

Thanks for read my comments

Kathryn

Hi All

I am from Dublin and had my banding done on Monday the 21st of April 2008. To be honest all the research in the world has not prepared me for the pain after the operations. It is now day 4 and I am starting to feel a little better.

I did lose 1 stone in the 2 weeks before the operations on the liquid diet and the doctor says I should lose another stone in the next two weeks which is positive and makes me feel happpier that I did the operations.

My only advice to anyone is make sure that you have picked the right doctor and care for you as there are many people out there offering lots of different packages? The question is it the right package for you as this is a life decision.

Thanks for read my comments

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn,

Welcome, it is a difficult time when you have the op. It took me a good two weeks to feel a 100% back to normal. Although I have to say it gets better and better as each day goes by. You are over the worst now and keep your eye on the big picture, it will be worth it.:thumbs_down:

Where did you have your band done. Here or abroad? Hope you're feeling better soon. Best of luck, and well done on the weight loss to date.:cursing:

hi i was banded at acs Dublin april 07 had 3 fills before i felt any small restriction then Jerome left and it was 6 months(Jan 08) before i got my next fill which was the first time i felt any real restriction. Spent the last 2 months re learning to eat small amounts and slowly.I have only lost 21lbs i am really worried after receiving the letter about the company being sold my biggest fear is if the band slips I am beginning to wish I never had it done. delighted to discover this chat room as i didn't no it existed.

Hi Magna,

Check out the Hi from Ireland thread, there are a load of us on that thread who were banded by ACS.

:) Hi i am thinking about going to either Brussels or Tunisia for the band, has anyone here been abroad for theirs and can they give me any advice all the websites are so great looking its really difficult to know who to choose was looking at Cosmetica Travel for Tunisia or europesurgery for Brussels help too much info ?

Hi there bubble i too didnt know where to go i was considering beacon clinic but have now made my mind to go to brussells im having my surgery on the 5th of september i feel its the right choice and anyone who i have spoke to speaks very highly of dr de bruyne im opted for standard package which is €4000 includes op 1nite hospital stay and 2nites hotel and u can also take someone with u and taxis to and from airport hospital and hotel dr de bruyne comes to dublin once a month for fills and these are €120 ihope this info is of some help to you...

:D Hi i am thinking about going to either Brussels or Tunisia for the band, has anyone here been abroad for theirs and can they give me any advice all the websites are so great looking its really difficult to know who to choose was looking at Cosmetica Travel for Tunisia or europesurgery for Brussels help too much info ?

Hi Bubble,

I also went to Belgium and was banded by Dr. Chris DeBruyne. I am happy with my choice. He comes to Dublin once a month for fills which are eur120.00. I would recommend going direct through his website www.obesity-assist.co.uk . If you have questions for him, he is very quick to get back to you. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. The cost is from 3400 plus hotels, flights etc.

Elsie

hi bubble . my niece is from bally connell in co, caven . she is going to brussells to dr. de brun to get banded on 11 september. she is getting the 4000 package, they are also going to replace my daughters band on yhat day. she got hers with acs who seem to have been very bad. the brussells group are trying to fix all there mistakes. you can email them at frederik.sernells@ecfs.be. he will be in dublin for band fills and appointment on thursday 4th sept. good luck

hi dini, id love to hear from you, whether you went ahead with that surgeon or someone else or at all. id also love to hear how your weightloss is going. i really hope its gone great for you.

would you tell me what surgeon you used and if it all went well.

all the very best

cakey x