Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

plastic surgeon in NY

any plastic surgeon in NY that you will recommend? I would appreciate it!!

Depends on where in NY. Dr. Sandra Sacks at Crystal Run Healthcare, did mine at Orange Regional Medical center. Wonderful experience and great results. Had TT and panni fully covered by insurance

@therealmelshere how did u get ins to pay for your tt and panni?

@therealmelshere how did u get ins to pay for your tt and panni?

First, went on insurance site, and searched 'criteria for panniculectomy'

Took that to my pain management doctor, who wrote a letter, answering to all the points. I have severe spine an other issues so he included how maintaining the weight loss and ability to exercise are affected.

I wrote a letter explaining the co-morbidities that have resolved with weight loss. Emphasizing that exercise is crucial in maintaining. Due to physical limitations, my options for exercise are limited, and the excess skin impedes me further.

Took that to Dr. Sacks, who took pictures and submitted her request to insurance.

Then luck of the draw, it landed on the right desk, and within a week I had a letter stating I was approved for not only panni, but TT too!

I did not believe what I was seeing so faxed to the doc and my sis for confirmation, lol

That is wonderful, and you must feel so much better and better able to continue with exercise, etc. Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it so much!

Thank you guys !

@TheRealMeIsHere! Good job getting insurance coverage!!!!!!

http://www.neinsteinplasticsurgery.com

http://www.drsterry.com

http://www.capellaplasticsurgery.net

Capella did my work. He has practices in NJ and NY. Surgery is in NJ.

Friend of mine had her work do e with Neinstein.

Don't know anyone who used Sterry but he has a good reputation.

Awesome!

What procedures did you get with Dr Capella and how much it cost? How are your scars? how was your recovery?

@@HipsAndLipstick oh I was such a mess that I had to have everything done, LOL. I paid $25k inclusive of surgeon, hospital OR, general anesthesia, ambulance transport, and several nights in the care center. I had a Tummy Tuck with mons lift done first. Then I decided to go all in. I had a second surgery to convert the TT to an LBL, and had a medial thigh lift, extended arm lift, and breast lift.

Recovery from the TT was hard but it was worth it. Recovery from the second surgery was easy but I did have a serious complication with my right arm. The emotional part of recovery was harder for me than the physical part.

My scars vary depending on where they are. Some are very light and some are dark. Scarring is completely personal. One friend who had her LBL with Capella has a scar that is virtually invisible. The front of my LBL scar is dark and thick. Oh well, it is hidden in my thongs and bikinis so no one sees it unless I am naked. You can see my before and after photos on Flickr, including pix of the scars https://www.flickr.com/photos/mybariatriclife/sets/

I wrote about my surgeries extensively. Go to my profile page on BariatricPal and click on my story. There are links to my surgery articles there, as well as an interview article that I did with Dr. Capella on plastic surgery after weight loss. The article will be helpful to you in selecting a surgeon and other important things.

There are lots of patient stories on the website RealSelf about all the plastic surgeons whom have been mentioned in this post. I think the best thing you can do is contact those patients privately through the message feature and ask them about their experience.

Oh, here is an article that I very recently wrote about insider tips on plastic surgery -- these are the things I learned after 19-mos in plastic surgery http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/174416/17-plastic-surgery-insider

Good luck!

Omg thank you so much! Inspirational!