Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Canberra

Hey Pure Darkness,

I spoke with two ladies while I was waiting an hour to see Dr Mosse- one lady who was being sleeved in July sometime and another who was there with her grandson, she was sleeved 12 months ago and had lost 38kgs. The only other people I remember from the waiting room was a lady in her 20s maybe with an older lady with her (maybe her mum) and I think she had already been sleeved. What time were you girls there? ☺

There is a a private Facebook page for people from Canberra who have had their sleeve or who are having. It is a good support page - we meet once a month at someones home. People going are at all different stages in this journey. If you would like to join please friend me on Facebook - I am Maureen Tolley. I just need to introduce you to the group and need to know if you have had it or planning to have the operation.

Cheers

Maureen

Thanks so much Maureen for your suggestion, very much appreciated, I just joined this week. Hannah

Hello! I'm new to this! I have an appointment to see Dr Mosse at Canberra Bariatric next month to begin my journey. I'm hoping to hear from others who have been sleeved by him.

Thanks!!

There is a a private Facebook page for people from Canberra who have had their sleeve or who are having. It is a good support page - we meet once a month at someones home. People going are at all different stages in this journey. If you would like to join please friend me on Facebook - I am Maureen Tolley. I just need to introduce you to the group and need to know if you have had it or planning to have the operation.

Cheers

Maureen

Hi Maureen, just wondering if this group still exists? Cheers :)

HI

Yes the Facebook page is going very strong - do you want to join.

Cheers

Maureen

Hi! I am a Canberran who will be getting sleeved in the school holidays between term 1 and 2 this year (at this stage) in Wollongong. Means I can stay with my parents during recovery :)

Would love to be part of the FB group too...even though I wont be a Dr Mosse patient ;)

Ta!

Jess

Hi There

I am am from Canberra. But don't have a date yet, I am still waiting for my waiting period to finish.

when did you get given your date? I am wondering when I should see the Surgeon, I have been to an info night and have the referral from my DR.

My waiting period ends December

@@private54

I'm in Qbn...

Sleeved by Dr Mosse in Feb last year...

Your best bet would be talking to whichever surgeon you're going with and seeing what they say...

They may be able to give you a date now...

I dunno how it works but I've no doubt they will...