Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 2010, revision to bypass on Thursday 2/3/15.. (Depending on scar tissue) Doctor has me on complete liquid diet for the next 2 days. I'm getting a little nervous. I know I've already had WLS once, but it seems strangely different this time. I can't explain it. Has anyone else experienced mixed emotions?

Best of luck! I'm 4 weeks out from revision. It's very different this time around. My recovery was honestly much better for this procedure, not sure why. I feel so much better having that darn port out of me, too!! :)

Wow, that's great news! I can only hope I'm as blessed as you were. I worry about scar tissue and waking up with just the band gone and nothing else!!!

I too worried!!! I had my revision from band to bypass done in May 2014 and honestly it was the easiest surgery I ever had! I think the key was I walked immediately and kept walking. Very minimal pain and I was home 12 hours after surgery. I am 4 pounds from a normal BMI now :) when I woke up from the surgery (had it done all at once) I was convinced I didn't have the bypass done because I felt so awesome hahaha

Allielee. Yes I heard the key is walking walking and more walking. Good thing I have two little kids that will make me walk lol. I have to stay overnight ????.

Wow, I was kept for 2 nights after the surgery. I was told that they're more cautious with revision patients. I was up and out of bed walking the halls about 4 hours after surgery. I kept getting up and walking. That really helped move the gas. Gas pain was the only real pain I had!

I have the sleeve and real bad acid reflux so I find out tomorrow if they are going to do gastric bypass

I had revision from band to RNY on January 23, 2015. I stayed 2 days in the hospital. I was off heavy pain medicine the next morning. I walked right way and kept walking. I sipped Water every 15 minutes. I know I am very lucky and thank god for a relatively easy recovery. I had very little pain, quick recovery and I'm down 26 lbs. already. I have been following my doctors orders to a "T". I wish I had done the RNY the first time, but I was too scared. This has been one of the best decisions I've made! I wish you the best of luck!

I was banded in 2011 and also had some scar tissue. My surgery took 3 hrs. The site of my port removal is by far my worst pain site. Im day 3 postop. How about you?

I haven't had it yet still waiting on the doctor they still don't no what's wrong

I had my revision done from the sleeve to the bypass I am in so much pain they took out a lot of scar tissue

I had my revision done from the sleeve to the bypass I am in so much pain they took out a lot of scar tissue

I hope you feel better. I am revising from sleeve to bypass. Would love to hear more about your process.

I hope you feel better. I am revising from sleeve to bypass. Would love to hear more about your process.
I sure will share so far I just in pain... but I had a lot of scar tissue taking out I felt sick earlier and bad cramps

I hope you feel better. I am revising from sleeve to bypass. W ould love to hear more about your process.
I sure will share so far I just in pain... but I had a lot of scar tissue taking out I felt sick earlier and bad cramps

Has the pain improved? I am leaving towards sleeve to bypass revision because of bad GERD/Barrett's and I am worried about the recovery. Why did you have your revision done?