Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it haven't even been two weeks since my sleeve, so for the first time in ages, I decided to watch the Super Bowl alone. I just didn't want to be surrounded by all my friends or family eating and drinking for four hours sraight. It's fine, I'll do it next year, it just feels so weird to so greatly alter a life long custom.

Go Seahawks

Woohoo! Seahawks!

Yes I feel you're pain. Just know I'm out farther. I made healthy nachos...Black been chips and ground turkey with taco seasoning. chicken wings were baked chicken strips with wing sauce. It's all good!

Lol. Totally understand! I'm sitting here finishing my yogurt while there is a huge spread of crap!

didn't want to be by friends family eating and drinking

Eli Alexander

what is a "seahawk"?? :wacko:

eagle/bird or something?? :huh: :lol:

ok, ok

true confessions of the worse kind

neither hubby or i like/understand/watch football :o

is that the sport that uses a bat and little ball?? :blink: :lol:

i'm sorry you ended up watching the game by yourself :(

you didn't want to be around all that food

then you made the right decision about staying home

there will be "less" of you next year

but "more" to Celebrate -_- :)

look at you!!

22 lbs down!! :)

twoderville!! :)

happy dance

keep up the good work :)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Heartbroken and eating my feelings. Darn it! Bad diet day...back on the horse tomorrow

Oh well, it could have been worse, I could have been miserable being around all that food only to my team lose.

I'm glad I made the decision I did. Actually, after the end of the game I went over to my best friends house and was cheered up by their brand new 8 week old yellow lab puppy. I can't help but have a smile with a puppy licking my chin.

By the way, and I don't care, I'm new to this forum, but I was surprised to have at least three responses by women in the guys room. Is this the norm? I good either way.

responses by women in the guys room. Is this the norm?

@@Eli Alexander

welcome newbie

ahhhh you'll find women everywhere you go in life :D

and on this board of course ;)

can't live with us

can't live without us :D

to answer your question

when someone posts a new thread like you did

the new thread will initially be posted in the "new topics board" then later "trending topics"

people (me) don't always realize what room their in (hmmm that sounds funny ;) )

so when i answered your subject - i wasn't aware i was in the guys room :lol:

(i took a wrong turn at the Water fountain!!!) :o

other times "us women" ;) do go deliberately into the guys room to peak at what you all are saying and doing :lol:

many times we do respond - especially if its good to get a womens point of view

(of course our answers are always right and the best :lol: :lol: )

we especially love to reply to cute newbie guys like you ;)

sorry about the seahawks :(

glad you stayed strong with your eating/drinking :)

keep up the good job :)

i know you will

kathy

No problem Kathy, you can post anywhere you please, I'm game!

Last year I was exactly where you are...this year my wife was very understanding, and she made a bunch of things which were all 'sleeve-friendly'...we watched the game as a family, and had a blast!! Here's hoping next year you will be where I am...best of success, my man!!!

Thanks BryBro. I'm perfectly happy giving up these little things in the short run for everything I gain down the road. 13 days out of surgery and I'm down 20lbs. That, added to the 27lbs I lost leading up to surgery and I'm down 47lbs since November 26th. That's worth all the sacrifices I've made and more. But next year I being social!

Edited by Eli Alexander

Exactly, Eli...congrats to you on a really great start!!! Besides...you have much more pressing upcoming issues to be concerned about...like shopping for that new wardrobe!! LOL!!! I still don't have a suit that fits, since I had to give up my 46 portly suits!!!

I'm hoping in a year or so to travel back to Vietnam, where I visited a couple years ago. For 100 bucks there I can have a silk or wool hand tailored suit made just for me and my new body. Next time I'll get 3-5 suits.

But I'm really looking forward to replacing my wardrobe. But I can't do it till I am very close to my goal weight. Till then, lots of belts and baggy shirts.

Sorry! Didn't realize it was a guy board. I just read it on my timeline. Oops ????

Sorry! Didn't realize it was a guy board. I just read it on my timeline. Oops ????