Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Every time I eat, my stomach gets all gurgley and uncomfortable...

Every time I eat (doesn't matter what it is), my stomach gets gurgley and uncomfortable. It doesn't exactly hurt, but feels yucky. Eating is just unpleasnt. It is almost like I also eat a bunch or air or something, it is hard to explain. It is just wierd-- has anyone experienced this?

How many days post op? I stuck with Luke warm tea and creme Soups for pretty much the first ten days. Of course I got in my Protein with 4oz Water. Slowly integrating a yogurt and such. The warm items seemed to settle things for me. I'm still afraid to eat, but really starting to get those cravings to chew. Sleeved 1/19

I went through it too. The 1st few weeks, just 1 tbls of ANY food would cause cramping and painful spasms. It was a good 6 months before Frankensleeve settled down and tolerated MOST foods, but still, things like chicken, pineapple, whole wheat bread and broccoli were tough on my sleeve. It was a year before I could comfortably eat any food I wanted.

It does get better day by day. And it is completely worth all the hassle!

Keep going!
Everything ends at some point. Good times and bad. So persevere through the hard times. STAY STRONG. I believe in you. I know you can do it!

Am two months post-op and let me tell u its the loudest gurgling sound ever...as i type this there it goes...LOL.When am in a meeting at work and no one is talking...LOL i tried covering it by moving my chair or talking ...But this to shall pass!

Thanks, guys! Your inromation is helpful. Its been 7 weeks since my surgery. It is good to know that my stomach will settle down over time; so in the meantime, I'll keep doing what I am supposed to and carry on! Thanks!

For me, this always happens when I've had one bite too many. I get very uncomfortable and gurgling!

I get the gurgling too, but mostly when I'm horizontal for some reason.

I had something weird happen last night, couple hours after going to bed, several hours after eating. Major belly pain and violent dry heaves, then it would fade away, only to start up again about 10 minutes later. Thought I'd have diarrhea, but...nothing. Went through this FOUR times, then it stopped. Fine today.

Anybody experience this and know what caused it? Something I sure want to avoid in the future!

I'm 15 months out and mine still does that! Especially at bedtime.

No discomfort just to clarify. The gurgling.

I only gurgle when I have had liquid too close to a meal (before or after). This is the "rule" that I have always struggled with the most. Could this be part of the issue?