Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband forgot that today was my birthday; ( 36woot! I think this year I'm going to trade him in for a new one, or accidentally forget his birthday(#sorrynotsorry).Lol. I'll be ok, after all its not the first special day that he's forgotten, and it probably wont be his last. It's actually kinda a good thing he forgot it, or I'd be stuffing my face with cake right now. Sometimes I wish he was more supportive. I often find myself questioning our marriage. I used to think that the reason he doesn't take me out or spend time with me was because I'm fat. Now i just think its because he has to much on his mind and that he's just a jerk! I hate feeling like I'm disposable. Well enough about that. I'm still waiting to find out if my surgery has been approved. My doctor said it shouldn't take much longer. In the meantime he started me on a 6 week preop diet. I started yesterday. So far so good. I finally got all my testing and nutrition classes done. This year I want to focus all my attention on my kids and myself. I only want to be around people who care for me and protect me. Hopefully by next year my husband will be sold and that I will have a better birthday story to tell Sorry for rambling and all the auto corrects(typing on phone).

I'm sorry about your bday! I guess some husbands are like that. Did your kids remember? Well Happy Birthday!!! Here's to one of the best years of your life! Maybe after your surgery you'll be able to kick him in the ass! Then maybe he'll remember!

Happy Birthday! Make it a great year! I hope things get better with your husband.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

(I think a lot of women would have liked to sell their husbands at one time or another during their marriage--me included) :lol:

Happy Birthday...belated...some MEN...u still have time to sell him after surgery.....Good luck!!

Happy Birthday!

I'm sorry about the way your husband treats you. I truly hope that with the surgery comes a new feeling of self worth and understanding that people are only going to treat you as badly as you allow them to. Don't accept being invisible to your husband. Let him know how it makes you feel and if possible, seek help from a pastor or therapist to make it better. You owe it to yourself and your kids. Make this the year about you being healthier, both physically and emotionally :)

Have definitely been there. Once the in-laws were to visit and he asked he how to help. I said go downstairs and see what needs to be done.when they arrived nothing had been done. I looked at him blankly and he said, its needs to be vacuumed, dusted and the shoes put in the closet. I said my God Man, I wasnt asking for an inventory! I told my beloved MIL that gd forbid if anything should happen to this husband I wasn't getting another, I was just gonna go get me some SOME. She said, honey I hear you.

That said we just celebrated 25 years and I love him to death. But I think everyone deserves someone who loves them best in all the world. If that ain't him, you deserve better.

I understand completely. If u read my post from a few days ago you will see why. I am also pre-op and agree support is much desired. So glad I found this forum. Since that day he is trying harder. Fingers crossed and being strong for myself.

aaww, I'm sorry to hear your husband isn't attentive. Have you talked to him about it?

on a brighter note HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you beautiful, amazing creature! 36 is a great age!

Happy Birthday!!! This year is about you. Make it the best one yet!

I am the queen of a very small country. It is as large as the plot of land my house sits on. I suggest that you proclaim yourself queen of your country. Give it a name. Grand ---- Whatever. Then your husband can be king of that country. It is fun being queen and king and birthdays are a cause for national celebration. My king does not need prompting to remember a national holiday, but if he did I would remind him that one (my birthday) was coming up and that he should not disappoint the people who like to have festivals. It brings the little people such joy.

My husband and I have a teriffic fantasy going ... as if you needed to have that clarified. We enjoy all the trappings of royalty since our country is surrounded by the greatest nation ever. Anyway, it is so nice not to be hounded by the paparazzi like other royalty. People leave us alone. The pesants never pester us for autographs or favors. We walk among them incognito! If you make a fun joke of a national holiday coming up, it is not like you are nagging.

I especially like those diamond commercials on TV, where they zoom in on a diamond ring so close that it looks like a crown. I always tell my husband that I want a "shiny hat" just like Queen Liz (who, incidentally serves the crummiest cucumber sandwiches at her parties) with diamonds just like on the TV - the SAME size! "THAT'S the size I want!"

And then, there is the fantasy about the Naughty Fairy...

I too am notoriously forgetful of special dates. My wife's remedy for our wedding date was to marry me on my birthday so I wouldn't forget. Still there was one year were I nearly forgot about the anniversary. So from all us forgetful males, Happy Birthday.