Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help ..I cant loose the last 4 pounds needed to be approved

Hi all, I dont know whats wrong with me...i am my worst enemy. I have gotten through all my hurdles to get approved and yet , I am stuck at not losing the req. weight. Any advice? ( Dr Baggs, Kaiser , Richmond)

What's your diet like? You could adopt my surgeon's pre-op diet. 30gms of carbs or less a day. The weight will come off. The first few days are not pleasant, but after that, it gets to be pretty easy and then you don't even really feel hungry. I was skeptical at first, b/c they told us to eat full-fat mayo, full-fat everything, but I figured they'd been in business for 17 years, had 5000 cases with little issue, so I gave it a try. It does work, and will work for you. I've dropped from 345 a week and a half ago to 333 today.

juice cleanse? lose the Water weight to just make weight and qualify? best of luck.

i did the easiest diet i ever tried pre op, and lost 30 pounds in 1.5 months. its the simplest diet ever, Breakfast is a Protein shake, lunch is a Protein Shake ( not slim fast or special k or Atkins those are loaded with sugar, sugar free Protein shakes only please.) then for dinner a big salad with oil and vinegar based dressing ( i like the mix it yourself packets) with Protein in it like a chicken breast chopped up and a hard boiled egg sliced in it. do that for a week without fail you will lose.

No matter what you choose, you can do it!

I'd say drink a ton of Water (at least the 8 cups a day). If you can, drink it plain since some sweetners in crystal light/mio can make it seem even harder to give up carbs for some people. Then, if you can get a good balanced Protein shake mix like Bariatric Advantage, drink those for 2 meals and then about 3 oz of meat and some veggies for dinner. If you need the 2 Snacks between meals stick to high protein/low carb ones like cheese sticks, nuts, or maybe a carefully selected yogurt. You can do this!

If you're working out try intervals, where you go like a house on fire for a time period (eg a minute) then slow to comfortable, back and forth. When I could work out that's what really got me in shape and I look forward to doing it again.

thanks everyone - I am doing low carb no more than 30 carbs a day... struggle with my Water intake ~ I guess I need to force myself to keep up with it. Please send positive energy my way for I am my only obstacle.

@@listic2001 I know you can do it, but will you do it? You have to believe in yourself and tell yourself that you are worth it. It's going to be really hard but think of the end prize whenever you are having a weak moment. Tell yourself that you absolutely cannot fail! It really doesn't get any easier either post op. You have to get your brain wrapped around the idea of changing a lot of old bad habits for the rest of your life. The surgery will help you for awhile but not forever.

Take charge of your health today! The quickest way to lose weight is low carbing. Buy the Atkins diet book if you have to, but the menu is pretty simple. Eat just Protein and vegetables, and drink a lot of Water. Minimum 64 Oz a day.

Good luck! Come back and let us know that you have been successful. :)

Lots of Water, high Protein and low calorie.

Its interesting to see how everyone's doctor requirements are different. you're taller than me (4") and weigh less that me (10lbs) and I wasn't told I had to lose weight.

Best of luck! I hope you make weight.

I am in the same boat as you girl, I go on the 3rd to sched and I need to lose another 3 pounds or so. I've been low carb, high Protein, lots of veg for a few weeks and I have seen movement. (I've lost about 4 lbs this way already.) I am hoping I will drop this last 3 over the next 4 days. Good luck!

Hello- I too am at Kaiser Richmond w/Dr. Baggs. I started this process back in 2013 but ended up switching jobs so I lost my vacation and my insurance. I have gone back and forth since then. I have 17 pounds to lose and I am hoping that i can get in for surgery at the end of March so I feel for you. I have been following their diet plan and have been working out and the weight is just not coming off! : -( (I struggle with PCOS which makes losing weight extremely difficult). I hope that you are getting close to your goal!