Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And back in the hospital I go!

I'm in the er again. Six weeks ago I had rny and last week my gallbladder out. Now I have an ulcer and they think it may have perforated my intestine.

I'm so discouraged and just feel defeated. I have been in pain everyday. I have barely eaten in over ten days and can barely drink Water. I feel generally terrible with no energy at all and I barely sleep.

My medications are a mess and my surgeon is three hours away and he is a total ****** bag who could care less about me. All he says is "most people are doing fine by now this surgery is no big deal " maybe he is afraid I'm going to screw up his statistics.

I was never put on medication for ulcers or gallstones after surgery. I asked and he said I didn't need them. And now I have an ulcer and no gallbladder. I don't smoke or drink and there is no reason I should have gotten an ulcer.

I'm feeling really low and like a human pincushion. And at this point I feel like I'm living out of a hospital.

Is didn't have much weight to lose, and now I'm thinking this was a mistake and I should have done it the safe way or maybe just accepted my weight as it was for awhile and gone slow. Today I entered one-der-land but it doesn't feel very wonderful to me.

Edited by bellabloom

you've had a tough time! The gall bladder thing is something we all end up dealing with. I'm trying to schedule mine to be removed. But you have extra crap to deal with--keep your chin up. Once they get this all figured out, you will be much happier. I don't think there is meds for gallstones so don't worry about that one. I hope they fix up your ulcer and you get a chance to heal so you can feel better and finally eat! lol.

Take care and keep us informed. We are sending hugs and prayers.

@@bellabloom I am terribly sorry you are experiencing these complications. I had complications too post op with both my LapBand and then my Vertical Sleeve. I was revised to RnY GB in July of last year. Thus far I have not had any complications at all. *knock on wood*... there have been times when I too felt like I made a mistake having WLS. I feel your discouragement, trust me.

I pray that you heal this time around. I also hope it's nothing too drastic. I mean yes an ulcer is not good news, but it can be fixed. Hang in there.

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this! If you are not confident in your surgeon, I seriously suggest you get recommendations for another one and get a second opinion. Don't let someone operate on you that you feel is not valuing you!

You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you live in the Southwest (NM, TX) area, I have an outstanding bariatric and general surgeon! I 'd be happy to give you his info!

Clarissa

BellaBloom: I see that you are in California. Are you near the central coast at all? If you are, message me. Maybe I can help you. Hang in there. I really have to believe that one day you will wake up be without pain. Take Care.

@@bellabloom, I am so sorry to hear you are having more complications! I hope you get well soon and stop getting the run around from your doctor. It is important that you have confidence in their ability and it is not sounding like this is the case.

I will say a prayer for you! Keep us posted.

I am so sorry this is happening to you! And that your surgeon has no compassion, what s jerk! I will say this though, I don't think most doctors prescribe gall bladder medication. My doctor said it isn't really proven effective. Please try not to let this hamper your weight loss, hopefully you will find it worth the trouble in the end!

I'm so sorry you are experiencing all of this. When we feel bad, everything becomes so much more difficult to deal with. I hope that you have some good support. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

BellaBoom I'm sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. Hang in there kiddo, it's going to get better.

BellaBloom ~ it is a simple surgery. Gall bladder & ulcers can become a problem following this type of surgery. I do not smoke or drink either but ulcers can be caused by certain foods and stress too. I'm three months out and struggling with same difficulties as you. I can't eat because it hurts badly. Even swallowing Water. I have been living on sugar free popsicles for the past month.

Stay positive????????????

I had RNY on the 9th of jan and 10 days later landed in the ER due to SOB. I was told I was severely tachycardia and had internal bleeding. I called the office earlier that day and they informed me that blood in my stool was "normal" for first BMs.... I ended up staying 6 days and am worried that I'm not going to get the results I hoped for. I do not feel as though I'm losing weight fast enough compared to others and also feel this was a major set back, as now I have 4 additional mess to take for ulcers... I understand!

I had RNY on the 9th of jan and 10 days later landed in the ER due to SOB. I was told I was severely tachycardia and had internal bleeding. I called the office earlier that day and they informed me that blood in my stool was "normal" for first BMs.... I ended up staying 6 days and am worried that I'm not going to get the results I hoped for. I do not feel as though I'm losing weight fast enough compared to others and also feel this was a major set back, as now I have 4 additional mess to take for ulcers... I understand!

I had internal bleed after my surgery last Aug and ended up spending four days in the hospital. It didn't affect my weight loss. I'm now down 80 pounds since surgery date.

Omg I'm back in the er AGAIN! Fifth time now? My stomach still hurts like hell, it feels like a cats claws are raking the inside, and it burns like crazy. Even the strongest pain meds don't get rid of it completely.

So I am back at the hospital where I had my surgery hoping they will admit me at least for the night. I didn't want to leave until this is dealt with because I love three hours away.

I started having fainting spells driving a few days ago and almost when of the road! I haven't been able to drink more that 8 ounces of Fluid in two weeks, and I haven't eaten more than a egg size portion of food in three weeks.

When I drink I get such horrible burning pains in my belly or I throw it back up. My nausea is so bad, in spite of the nausea medication they have given me, that I can't stand to eat more than a bit of anything.

My doctor says I have gastritis and a small marginal ulcer. I just can't go on like this I need to get better. Prilosec isn't working for me at all. I feel no relief except with massive doses of pain meds. They have me on a pain med that the nurse told me is like taking heroin. Omg

I'm scared and I just hope my doctor is getting sick enough of me to get to the bottom of what is going on.

I'm so,so sorry to hear you're still dealing with problems. You know a lot of people are praying for you. Get well soon.