Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TODAY IS THE DAY ,NEW LIFE

Well it's 5.30am..Ive been up most night. At 6am I have to take remaining tablets that I also took the night before at 6pm. Then I leave for the hospital. At 7am I will book in and fuss will be made to prep me for my Bypass Surgery. Im first on the list...Im as calm as I can be..not wirth getting stressed..Ive waited so ling for this like we all have. Now it will be my turn to give advice if asked...this site has learnt me so much...hints and preps that I couldnt get off friends thats never been in my shoes. I cant wait in weeks to come to show you all my "after pics' . All I ask is for thoughts of healing...prayers to the surgeon to guide his wonderful hands.......bye for now. Oh im so excited. X

Just got to the wards...im fine..just want it done. X thank you for your prayers. X

@@GingerDiane, I will say a prayer for your speedy recovery.

I remember how excited I was on the day of my surgery. I have had many surgeries and this was the first time I was not even a tiny bit nervous. In fact it felt like Christmas morning when I was a kid and I was going to get a fabulous present.

I hope you are recovering well so you can begin your new life.

Congratulations!

Wishing you and your surgeon the best!

Hi everyone...its gone 10.45pm...I feel great execpt for some "Gas"...One good tip and I think it helped...minutes before going "under" I asked the surgeon..before he wakes me up can he expel most of the gas while im being glued up. DONT BE SCARED TO ASK. I didnt have a bloated belly..it was slight. It helped alot just asking a simple task...but i do have some pain where the diaphram is..but ive also had a repair done at the same time so it may be that. I will see the surgeon in morning.

Congratulations, welcome to the losers bench to continue losing.

Im now home...yes the after gas did hurt..but From reading that from this site I did prepare myself and kept telling myself its only for couple days...I am more comfortable but I have come home with a bag full of meds..syringes...a months worth till I go back to see them and hopefully alot lighter.

Well done never read any where on this site ...you're the first to come up with that great idea about ask the dr to expel most of the gas : ) im like omg that's awesome ! I will ask him also keep posting good luck

Hi....im back home....and before they put me under i made sure i said it...I said I hear you can take most of the gas back out....they said ok..we will take out as much as they can. I was warnex with excessive gas youll get pains on the top right front shoulder which is hard to get rid of. But due to me asking I had a mere 10% pain there. Dont get me wrong..I still had trapped wind but not as much..phew! Just keep burping..it helps so much! Also PLEASE make sure if you are on any meds BEFORE the surgery..make sure recovery and the unit you go on know you must continue to take them (if still advised by surgeon)....as they forgot to give my MST (Morphine) and got withdrawal symptoms..but was immediately corrected by the pain clinic nurse. Its important to keep sipping Water at intervals..as the more liquid you keep in the better you feel. Im home....still tender but so comfortable. X

Please excuse my spelling mistakes on above post..didnt have glasses on.!.

Thanks soooo much for the information you shared I'm February 12 everything I've read from all the great post information I learned from this site will be put into action take care get well thanks again

Youre welcome......if you need any advice im more than happy to try and help you...if not theres others on here too that are so proud to share their experiences too.