Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband and I are BOTH getting sleeved!

Hello everyone! I am new to this site. Our NUT told us about the app and I have been reading everyone's entries. I am excited to finally log in.... There appears to be a great deal of support and kindness in the forums! YAY! So my husband and I are on this journey together. He is scheduled on February 11 and I am scheduled 2 weeks later on February 25! We are both so excited to start our new lives, however, scared of the process/changes as well. I have been an RN for 25 years (and know too much for my own good...lol), but also realize the extra 170 lbs I'm carrying and the 250 lbs my husband is carrying is more detrimental than the surgery! My husband starts his 2 weeks of liquids Wednesday!!

Anyone else scheduled around those times? Also, we are almost 50 and 55....are there others out there who have decided to do make these changes around this time of their lives??

Wishing everyone the best and we will be available to provide support to whomever!! post-246514-14222482066642_thumb.jpg

How fantastic that you are both going on this journey together! You will have each other to support and encourage one another which is great.

I am not getting sleeved until late October or early November and I cannot wait!

This is a fantastic forum for support and advice so don't hesitate to ask any and all questions.

How fantastic that you are both going on this journey together! You will have each other to support and encourage one another which is great.

I am not getting sleeved until late October or early November and I cannot wait!

This is a fantastic forum for support and advice so don't hesitate to ask any and all questions.

I did not mean to post that 7 times, when I tried to post it, it said there was an error, sorry!

I did not mean to post that 7 times, when I tried to post it, it said there was an error, sorry!

Congratulations. Love that you guys are doing this journey together! I was sleeved 12/31/14 and my hubby is planning to do it this summer (insurance requires six months... I was self pay since I was under 35 BMI). I can't wait for him to join me. My surgery recovery was pretty great, so that just encourages him. I will look forward to watching your success as a couple too! CONGRATULATIONS!

Congrats. This journey seems to be a little easier when you have a partner and it's a bonus that it happens to be your life partner! I was sleeved 4/23/14 and my husband was sleeved 12/16/14. We help keep each other on track...congrats again!

Hi Newlife@55! (Love the name by the way). Congrats with making the decision to "walk this journey" with your hubby! I too am doing the same. I had my sleeve done on July 31, 2014. I feel great! Much better than before. Don't get me wrong there are STILL some obstacles I have to overcome...but for the most part I feel better! Currently lost 60lbs! My husband will be having his procedure sometime in March. A journey we too will walk together. The best of luck to you both!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. This is truly a great site and I am excited to be a part of such a great group!

It's also great to know other couples are embarking on the same journey. We will be only a couple weeks different so for the most part will have close to the same diet. It will definitely be great to have someone so close to go through this with!

Not to knock down the Sleeve ; if you don't mind me asking why the sleeve and not he band ? The band does take longer to get results yet the sleeve could possibly bring issues (not knocking down the sleeve) just my wife and I did the band and I lost 200 pounds (6 years) and my wife lost 140 (5 years) I think it is awesome couples helping each other I don't think I could have done it without her. Please proof is in the pictures and I have a few on my profile of us. Thank you and best of luck

post-246558-14223343978326_thumb.jpg