Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Schedule to be sleeved on Feb. 19

I have not said much on this forum. I read it, just do not take the time to write as I have had nothing to report, till now. I have been scheduled for my procedure to occur on Feb. 19. It has been a long hard battle with my employer to grant it...as I challenged the 6 months of weight watchers...they lowered it to 3, and I challenged that, and won. Last week on Tuesday, I got cleared and got my surgery date. It was funnly, Feb. 19 was the date I held in my mind...and when I offered another date the nurse said, the clearest day is Feb. 19. It fit...I teach at a school of nursing and Feb. 19 allows me to miss a few days the next week, then we have 10 days off for spring break. I should be fine to return mid-march and resume my activities...oh, lo, I will also be working from home.

I am busy getting my house organized post-op. I am a 63 year old divorced woman. My children have flown the nest. My oldest is nearby and will be with me the day of surgery but he is a chef and has a very demanding job. One of my nurse friends will stay with me the first night.

So, while I am not excited...I am not scared either. I have been fat my entire adult life...well most of it. I look forward to being a normal weight. I know I will have to work...be vigilent about my food, Fluid, Protein and exercise. I have lost weight before, just never been able to keep it off. I am in therapy working on my head issues...and will follow-up with the clinic's support group. Right now, I am okay. Will be checking back with you all as my journey continues.

I have always wanted one of those Pandora bracelets. Yesterday I bought the base Bracelet in red (my surgery is in Feb)...and bought the first charm...a STAR. To represent that I am going to be the star of my own life. With each 10 pounds and each milestone that occurs, I will add a charm that is significant to me. Then at the end, I am going to have a custom charm made with my total pounds and the date. I hope my bracelet is full by fall.

Be well,

Helen in Durham

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches