Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just for laughs....hopefully not TMI =)

When I came home from the hospital I was so worried about going poop my family said I was rather obsessed. Well I went 5 days after surgery and thought all was well.

Well about a month and half out, even though I was getting in all my Protein and Water things stopped. Oh man was I in so much pain. When I called my docs office they said to get Miralax and put some in my drink. So that is what I did and low and behold.......It worked!! Thank God!! I never ever want to go thru that again.

I now drink 24oz Decaf tea every night with my scoop of Miralax in it and things have smooth going since. My NP told me to go to only using a half serving of Miralax now, but I do one full serving one day and then 1/2 a serving the next day. I am just so afraid of that happening again.

Well anyway the reason I am sharing this lovely story is my husband and daughter almost bought me this tshirt for Christmas. I will post a pic down below. I laughed so hard when I saw it. I told the they should have, but I think my daughter was afraid I would wear it outside the house.

Thought it might bring a smile to someone's face who is struggling.

post-205996-0-39426300-1422222517_thumb.jpg

Lolololololol

That's so funny!

I need that shirt lol

Thanks for sharing your experience with Miralax. We all go through the Constipation phase. And the question of how to get through it comes up often. I'm sure your story has helped a bunch of people.

Fortunately, I seem to have gotten past all of that after the 1st year post-op.

When I came home from the hospital I was so worried about going poop my family said I was rather obsessed. Well I went 5 days after surgery and thought all was well.

Well about a month and half out, even though I was getting in all my Protein and Water things stopped. Oh man was I in so much pain. When I called my docs office they said to get Miralax and put some in my drink. So that is what I did and low and behold.......It worked!! Thank God!! I never ever want to go thru that again.

I now drink 24oz Decaf tea every night with my scoop of Miralax in it and things have smooth going since. My NP told me to go to only using a half serving of Miralax now, but I do one full serving one day and then 1/2 a serving the next day. I am just so afraid of that happening again.

Well anyway the reason I am sharing this lovely story is my husband and daughter almost bought me this tshirt for Christmas. I will post a pic down below. I laughed so hard when I saw it. I told the they should have, but I think my daughter was afraid I would wear it outside the house.

I have never once been constipated. I guess I can be thankful for that!

Yes I am obsessed and never want to even get close to impa__ting. Be proud ; I pooped today

The things we learn to appreciate. LOL :-)

I went through such issues with this. We called them alien babies! Thank goodness that I now how a daily routine that works because that was so painful!

WLS solved my bathroom issues (as it was called in my house). A few years back I had part of my colon removed due to cancer. Got the cancer OK, but left me with bathroom issues. I never knew what foods would cause it or how long I would have to make it to a restroom. I had to carry all sorts of supplies and replacements (if you get my drift) since I often had to use them (and leave perfectly new underwear behind in trash cans!). More than once I had to run into drug store and buy replacements if I forgot to pack a few in my purse.

But now....well things might be slow in coming but that speedy colon is no more! And a slow colon, although painful at times, is much preferred over the zippy one! At least I can control its movement now. This is the second best thing about WLS!!!! Maybe the third since I went out to dinner tonight and the waitress, who knows I'm on a diet but not the details, told me not only did I look fabulous, but that I glowed! She hadn't seen me in about three weeks so even though only a few pounds came off in that time the glow factor increased.

WLS solved my bathroom issues (as it was called in my house). A few years back I had part of my colon removed due to cancer. Got the cancer OK, but left me with bathroom issues. I never knew what foods would cause it or how long I would have to make it to a restroom. I had to carry all sorts of supplies and replacements (if you get my drift) since I often had to use them (and leave perfectly new underwear behind in trash cans!). More than once I had to run into drug store and buy replacements if I forgot to pack a few in my purse.

But now....well things might be slow in coming but that speedy colon is no more! And a slow colon, although painful at times, is much preferred over the zippy one! At least I can control its movement now. This is the second best thing about WLS!!!! Maybe the third since I went out to dinner tonight and the waitress, who knows I'm on a diet but not the details, told me not only did I look fabulous, but that I glowed! She hadn't seen me in about three weeks so even though only a few pounds came off in that time the glow factor increased.

Since wls I have issues with slow colon and a zippy one. Never know what the day will bring, especially if I have to go out. I don't use miralax and hesitate to use a stool softener. And I can go from one to the other in the same day. Sucks!

I need that for my mom! Hahahah. I can't stop laughing!

Sorry I meant impaction. If you have ever experienced you would obsess on regularity as well .