Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone in Boise Idaho area?

I'm inIaa'm garden

Me me me! Also @@jenn1 is from Boise.

@@DesWill @@Babbs

Hey ladies,

Hope all is going well. I'm seeing so many people from Valentine and Korn's office. The Dr's in the area have been busy already this year.

Here is the Idaho St Luke news letter info. If you already have it..Just ignore below:)

To subscribe to this newsletter, please email bariatricnewsletter@slhs.org or call (208) 381-8330.

It lists the time, subject and place for our local support groups.

Cooking classes

and more...

Hope to meet you both,

Jenn

Oh awesome thanks @"@jenn1" I'm going to check out out

I love dr. Valentine he has helped me through some tough times after surgery. He even called me and wanted to hear from me how I was doing.

So far I have only talked to him twice so I'm not sure what my thoughts are with him yet but he seems funny lol he head a good sense of humor

Hi @@Tweety208

Here is some of our local info. Hope to see you at a meeting.

Here is the schedule:

2015 Support Group Topics January, February, March

Boise: St. Luke’s Boise, Anderson Center, 5th Floor, Ada Room 1, 7 p.m. Jan. 19 Planning for the New Year Feb. 16 Bariatric Guide for Dining Out Mar. 16 Exercise

Meridian: St. Luke’s Meridian, Cheyenne Room, 5 p.m. Jan. 13 Let’s Move and Clothing Exchange Feb. 10 Building Relationships after Surgery Mar. 10 Protein Power

Mountain Home: St. Luke’s Elmore, Conference Room, 895 N. 6th E., 6:30 p.m. Jan. 26 Be Your Valentine Feb. 23 Bariatric Guide to Dining Out Mar. 23 Exercise

Nampa: Saltzer Medical, 215 E. Hawaii, Lower Level Conference Room, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 15 Bariatric Guide to Dining Out and Clothing Exchange Feb. 19 To be announced Mar. 19 To be announced

Twin Falls: St. Luke’s Magic Valley, Oak Room 1, 7 p.m. Jan. 5 Protein Power Feb. 2 Be Your Valentine and Clothing Exchange Mar. 2 Exercise

I also go to the cooking classes. They are like the food network but better(you get to sample the food)

Free Cooking and Bariatric Lifestyle Classes Following Weight Loss Surgery Meadowlake Office Building, 5th Floor Cooking Classroom 3525 E. Louise Drive, Suite 500, Meridian

Feb. 3 Cooking Class 6:30-7:30 p.m. “20-Minute Meals” We’re all busy and don’t have time to prepare labor-intensive recipes. Come learn shortcuts, tips, and tricks to reduce prep time without losing flavor or freshness.

Feb. 17 The Bariatric Lifestyle * 6:30-7:30 p.m. “The Skinny on supplements and Protein” Come find new ways to enjoy your Protein drinks, sample creative recipes, and learn the latest information about suitable products so you can stay on top of your Vitamin and mineral supplementation.

Mar. 3 Cooking Class 6:30-7:30 p.m. “Our Favorite chicken Recipes” We all love chicken, so bring your favorite chicken recipe to share with the class in addition to sampling other delicious chicken recipes.

Mar. 17 The Bariatric Lifestyle* 6:30-7:30 p.m. “Healthy Eating Relationships: Mindful Eating” Making peace with food is an important step in achieving your healthy lifestyle goals. This discussion-focused group unlocks the keys to emotional barriers.

Edited by jenn1

Hello @@jenn1

@@DesWill

@@Tweety208

@@Babbs

I just wanted to say hello - I am getting sleeved June 4 but will be doing so outside of Boise, as I am self-pay. I really want to attend a support group at St. Luke's but I'm not sure that's Kosher if I'm not a patient of Drs. Korn or Valentine? Hope you all enjoyed the sunshine today.

@@Gr8fulday

Congratulations on your sleeve date! The support groups are open to everyone.

Boise St Lukes Anderson Center 5th floor 7:00pm

May 18th Summer Meals

Meridian _ Meridian St Lukes Basement Cheyenne room 5PM

May 12 Medical health after surgery.

Cooking classes 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month

Free Cooking and Bariatric Lifestyle Classes Following Weight Loss Surgery Meadow lake Office Building, 5th Floor Cooking Classroom 3525 E. Louise Drive, Suite 500, Meridian

Yes, I live on Boise I'm about 20 months post surgery and about 10 lbs from goal now, looking to do next steps maintain and plastic surgery.

I really like reading everyone's story's I am 3 weeks out from having surgery. I can't wait

Hey!! I am hoping to resurrect this thread :) I am having my surgery next Wednesday (jan20th) in Boise. I will be traveling from the other side of Burley so we will staying a couple nights before surgery. It's a little strange going so far from home to have surgery. Any surgery I have had before was near family or friends.

Still waiting for my date, I have been trying some Protein drinks so far I can't even stomach the

unjury chocolate. Can anyone give me pointers on some good tasting Protein drinks.< /p>

Hi Sharon - I'm a big fan of Syntrax nectar protein powders. My favorites are chocolate, vanilla, and orange dreamsicle. My other big favorite is a brand called Javapro - I use the espresso flavor and make coffee drinks with sugar-free Syrup flavors. Gotta keep it interesting! I mix mine with unsweetened soy milk and Water. Hope this helps.