Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@BethinPA I agree about anesthesia. I lay in my hospital bed that night crying and crying... and even the next morning when I saw Dr. Capella I was upset.

Tough timing with your BF. And yes, I find exercise, meditation, and other integrative medicine approaches are fabulous stress reducers. Last night I had reiki done on me -- first time ever -- with three practitioners, as well as tuning forks, and it was an absolutely phenomenal experience and extremely relaxing. I am considering taking instruction to become a reiki master because it was THAT incredible.

I have never been able to relax into meditation and reiki, but I know it is helpful for lots of people. I don't know anything about tuning forks and such. I need to look into other outlets for stress reduction. I'm glad it was a good experience!

What i want to find is a good local PS who understands my goals. I don't have deep wrinkles (yet) and even my extra chin skin isn't too bad considering how fat my face used to be. What I could use are some fillers right now... and looking for an "aging gracefully" plan. Like, there will be the right moment to consider a facelift or other procedure. I want to do things that make sense.

Example, I have somewhat "hooded" eyelids and one is worse than the other. I also have puffy under eyes which is getting worse and not helped by sleep. That puffy under the eye probably makes me look my age more than anything (and when it is well camouflauged many assume I am 10-15 years younger than my real age of 50). Well, when is the right time to consider addressing these surgically so I get good natural results?

It probably sounds frivolous to some, and all my friends think I look amazing the way I am (thank you - I feel amazing!) but I lost decades of "looks" to this nasty disease of obesity and I want to make the most of what I gots!

Anyway, my worst issues were body skin and having taken care of that 16 months ago I am now thinking about face work but feel very uneducated and haven't really grasped the options, what makes sense - basically how to be a savvy consumer.

I too have thought about addressing my upper eyes - I think it makes a big difference regarding achieving a more youthful look. I would definitely like to consider it someday. But I would really have to trust the surgeon implicitly!

@@My Bariatric Life I am going to give it some time. My arms and abdomen are rock star quality, lol. She did a really great job on them. My breast lift/augmentation also seems good so far. My behind started out good, but flattened near the bottom half of my Buns, and my upper thighs are still droopy. I need some Lipo in those saddle bags - they are freakish! My doc said we could do the lipo and another type of lift -I think like what I've seen where the lower butt is cut and sewn to your ischial tuberosity to give a better curve and lift the posterior thigh. It's a very painful and difficult recovery, so I'm just not up to even thinking about that.

I know what you mean about thinking about tweaking to perfection - I'm 52, and I really wish I had legs to go with the upper half of body!

You have a very interesting story, good reading for people wondering what it's like. Eventually, I'm going to post my story on real self, too. I was just waiting to see if my feelings change over time.

Wow - at this point I can't imagine having the emotional fortitude for all of those surgeries essentially back to back! My surgeon said I could do my breast lift in a few months after my lower body lift, but no way will I jump back in - I know I need a good long break before scheduling anything else. Or else go the benzo route! ????

@@MichiganChic your butt will change a whole lot over the next few months. You may end up loving your ultimate result. I went back and forth with my breast lift... I was a week or two out from surgery and spent the day crying about my breast lift... but I like it a lot now. I wish my breasts were higher on my chest but that cannot be changed. There is supposed to be 21 cm - I believe - from sternum to nipple but that isn't realistic in a MWL woman. We really do permanent damage to our bodies. It is amazing what my surgeons were able to do to put humpty dumpty back together again, LOL.

What Capella and Winslow did truly takes my breath away. Enjoy your much younger looking than 52yo bod!

Honestly in my case my skin didnt firm, even as much as I tried to keep up with working out. I heard of a lot of 'at home' things people do to try to tighten it back up but nope. My surgeons told me dont even think about getting plastic surgery until 2 years after. And plastic surgeons want your weight to be stable for as long as possible otherwise its like doing the work for nothing. I am working on getting a lower body lift to take care of my extra skin. It will happen eventually its just a matter of getting all the funds in order and at least trying to get insurance to cover it.

I honestly don't think working out affects the skin, just fills you out underneath. I am pretty ripped if I do say so myself, but there is loose skin on top--some places worse than orhera

@@My Bariatric Life it would be great if things firm up on my back side. If I could get the seromas healed, I could exercise, and developing a little muscle would help. I agree, the changes accomplished by a skilled surgeon is nothing short of miraculous! I also think there is something to be said for being realistic in our expectations. The more of a "mess" we are from years of obesity, the harder things are to correct. We are also dealing with our individual structures. I have always been bottom heavy, which is why my legs and butt are not as perfect as my upper half. As you said, we should enjoy our greatly improved bodies!

@@MichiganChic all true...

My daughter took my granddaughter and me for this really awesome pedicure. We took photos. As I was looking through them I came upon one of my legs to my toes. I said WOW my legs look GREAT! Then I realized it was my daughter's legs. Then when I saw mine I was disappointed. LOL, it was momentary... do my thighs look great? Yes. Do they look like the thighs of a 28yo runner who's never even been overweight even once in her life. Not a chance! hahaha Yes, we have to be realistic.

Of all the elective surgeries mentioned and tried, it is my opinion eye surgery is by far the "easiest" in terms of time and recovery. It does take a few days at home , some cover up make up and sunglasses for a week +.

In terms of looking fresher it is A-1 in my book. People think you've been on vacation. Or lost a few pounds... It is surprisingly deceptive if you don't share. And lasts a long time

I opted to get permanent eye liner after several months post op and am still happy 5 years plus down the road.

Love this site for chatting surgery... Not many people talk about it in the real world... Just girlfriends????

Oh and my hint is get upper and lower done together since most of us are unlikely to go back and afford a second eye surgery????

Edited by Julie norton

@@MichiganChic your butt will change a whole lot over the next few months. You may end up loving your ultimate result. I went back and forth with my breast lift... I was a week or two out from surgery and spent the day crying about my breast lift... but I like it a lot now. I wish my breasts were higher on my chest but that cannot be changed. There is supposed to be 21 cm - I believe - from sternum to nipple but that isn't realistic in a MWL woman. We really do permanent damage to our bodies. It is amazing what my surgeons were able to do to put humpty dumpty back together again, LOL.

What Capella and Winslow did truly takes my breath away. Enjoy your much younger looking than 52yo bod!

So I was thinking my breasts were a little low, too. I measured from sternum to nipple, and was 22 cm, so pretty close. However, I think my nipples are a little high, meaning my entire breast is a little low, (I think I was like that before), but I still love them! They are very pretty;)

My bust is low too...but it's my anatomy. I have broad shoulders, big ribcage, surgeon's call it athletic build. I think it is like styling my curly hair...its best to go with what "fits" even if it's not there " ideal" (no flat Iron touches my hair). My breasts look and feel natural so super pleased!