Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, on the 28th I will have surgery!! I start my pre-op liquid-only diet tomorrow night (5 full days).

I am really excited and only a little nervous (but more excited than nervous).

I'm worried that I am too excited. I've had 2 c-sections (13 & 18 years ago) but never been in any other kind of surgery.

I read everything I can about what to expect and do for my new life so I know I'm ready for the "after life".

but this 6 week post-op pain and nausea and fatigue are the only things that worry me.

I have about 75 Protein powder samples from a bunch of different sources - so i think I'll be okay with that.

really really really want to minimize my post-op complication rate and get back to work/life asap. Suggestions?

Anyone else just have or are having surgery soon? I'd like a buddy to compare notes and get/give support.

thanks for reading my post. I just have so much pent up energy and don't know how to channel it at the moment.

As of now I'm scheduled for the 29th! I have 2 weeks on the pre-op diet so I'm on day 7. Good luck to you!!

Woops! I'm on my phone and didn't check the forum first - I'm getting the sleeve not bypass

I am scheduled the 30th - close to you. I would love to share notes and buddy through this process. I am just not sure how much I will feel like updating anything the first few days. I know that others have, but I am not sure I will. I use my laptop or tablet and not my phone. I don't know if I will feel like messing with it :unsure:

I am also scheduled for the 28th! I start my liquid diet Sunday. Like you, I am getting very excited and am finding it hard to focus at work although I have a lot to get done before my surgery. I am working this weekend to try to get ahead and will probably do some work at home when I get home from the hospital - I'm an accountant so this is my busy time of the year!

Anyway, I am also have some issues sleeping. I keep waking up at around 12am and having a hard time getting back to sleep. I am thinking about work, about whether I have everything ready for when I get home, scared and nervous, but mostly excited.

I would love to have a buddy to talk to and compare right after surgery, I will send you a private message with my cell number so we can text!

I read and responded to the private message before I saw this one :)

I'm also busy at work, I'm an engineer and while it's not the busy season like yours, it's putting a crimp in our company schedule having me be off for any amount of time. hoping to work from home as well. I sleep okay, but I have lots of those weight related aches and pains in my back and knees so it takes a while to go to sleep and then I wake up early, i havent taken any Aleve or Ibuprofin (which were my pain med of choice for YEARS) for a month. I haven't taken any meds of any kind since the 14th. i don't want any potential problems to creep up during surgery.

Did you do a "final meal"? I haven't been craving any food in quite a while so I was disappointed that I couldnt really "pick" a food to have. So my husband made a bunch of stuff all week that I liked. I ate it but just wasnt into it (I'll never tell him that though). I did stop and get a plain cheeseburger at a fast food place. i haven't done that in months. it wasnt as good as i remember... i will have to keep telling myself that when I think i am craving junky food.

5 days and counting! so excited i can barely stand it.

Only one more day!! I am getting excited/nervous. I had to do a bowl prep yesterday and that was not fun, but I am ready! I do have to work all day today so hoping that it goes by fast because after work my husband and I are driving to Pensacola to spend the night since I have to be at the hospital at 7am.

How is everyone else feeling?

I am so excited for you. It must be so hard to be at work. Mine is scheduled for Friday and it seems like it will never get here! Let us know how you do.

I feel like I have been "nesting". I am cleaning the house, organizing my closet, etc. in the evenings in preparation.

@@cadladykim - just wanted to let you know that I haven't been craving anything or wanting to do any last splurges. I think since I have been eating so well in preparation (to meet my pre-surgery weight loss goal) and the fact that I am mentally preparing myself to make some life long changes have prevented me from having the normal desire to splurge one last time. I have requested that the family go out for pizza tonight. That is one food that will probably be a very long time before I can even think about having a bit of - if ever. I may have to have a modified version from now on. Anyway, that is our "final meal." We are actually having it this evening even though my surgery is not until Friday. Thursday is of course bowel prep and liquids and we will be at church Wednesday evening.

Good luck! I think we are scheduled the same day.

I'm scheduled for tomorrow! today seems to be dragging!!!

I didn't have to do a bowel prep - just 5 days of liquids only. And not bothering me one bit :)

Nesting... Yep. Just did 10 loads of laundry Monday. (I have 4 kids and a hubby that contributed to that number)

I'm organizing my closet and drawers too. I cant wait till my drawers are almost empty so I can go shopping. The hardest thing wasn't food - it was not shopping too much as I would go down a size!

Good luck Friday!

I did all my cleaning today because I had a snow day off from work. I work a full day tomorrow and then it's game time Thursday. I have a feeling that I'm barely going to sleep the next two nights with my mind going a million miles an hour to make sure all is in order!

Yes - exactly. My mind was racing last night. I have been getting up extra early and coming in to work every day at 6:30 to make sure everything is as ready as possible for me to be off work awhile. I have created "to do" lists and have wanted to get everything clean before. I have also wanted to organize my closet by size, so that I can just keep moving in one direction in my closet and have prepared a "never again" box to throw things into. I found a woman in my church that just had surgery. She started several sizes larger than me. So, I am going to give her all my clothes so that she will have clothes to wear as she loses weight.

I am thinking @@cadladykim and @@julia4mom are in surgery today. Prayers and well wishes for you. Let us know how you are doing. @@BloomingLotus is tomorrow and I am Friday. Let's do this!

Good luck to all of you who are having your surgeries in the up coming days. Prayers for a SPEEDY recovery ????