Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going bonkers here

I was sleeved on September 25, 2014. The weight was coming off wonderfully. Now, not so much. I started at 222 and currently weigh 170. I haven't lost anything at all since before Christmas. I am doing everything I have been told to do by the doctor to be successful but the numbers are stuck. I have tried eating more on some days to see if it will jump start it. But nothing. Is this long of a stall normal?

Everybody is different and yes stalls are frustrating. Stay with the program and the weight will come off.

Yes stalls this long or even longer happen. Just look for the NSV (Non scale victories) when the scale isnt moving. I had a stall for almost 3 months. Try doing Protein shakes for a few days or week & one meal... or something along those lines.... just to shake things up.... what about working out? maybe increase your workout? Also track what you eat... this always helps me.

Try not to stress over it (i know easier said then done) Good Luck!

Edited by skinnygirlwithin

I was sleeved October 22nd 2014. I completely feel your pain. I lost 50 lbs (including pre-op diet) then I didn't lose anything for the entire month of december. Then I lost 10 lbs now the scale is stuck again. I work out pretty consistently, I track everything on myfitnesspal and nothing. I hope this helps you see you're not alone. I hate it!!

Paging @Rogofulm

:D

Can anyone help me? I had the sleeve 3 weeks ago, At 1 week befor surgery starting on liquids my weight was 242 lbs. Now 3 weeks after surgery I weight 223. But this week I have not loss the expected 2 lbs a week. I am still on soft foods.

It seems to early in my weight loss to stand still at 223 for a week. Has any one done this, this early ?

To @@kimmyco, since you're not anywhere near week 3, the message below doesn't really apply to you, except that the link explains the science behind some stalls. Keep making the right choices and it should end. And to @@winter1023, please read the message below and follow the link. It won't make your stall go away, but at least you'll understand it. Good luck to you both!

Congratulations! You have reached The Dreaded Week-3 Stall. It's perfectly normal, and just about all of us have suffered through it. You're not crazy, and your doctor didn't screw up. In fact, you might not lose any weight for two weeks or even longer. But don't worry – after that, the weight will start falling off if you stick to your program. And, the inches will continue to come off even while the scale isn't budging. Here's a good article that explains why it happens and why we all have to go through it. Hang in there. Pretty soon it'll be in the rear-view mirror and you'll be dropping weight again!

(Apologies to BP regulars who have seen this repeatedly, but it's a big deal to those who are going through it!)

Great

OH STALLS! Soooo frustrating.

I has a BIG stall the first few weeks after surgery. No weight loss happened for the first 3 weeks, then I lost about 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Additionally, I had a stall at 2 months that lasted about 10 days. AND!!! After I hit the 6-month mark, my weight loss screeched to a halt. As I understand it, the "rapid weight loss" phase lasts about 6 months. Well, I didn't lose ANY WEIGHT for about 7 weeks. I was exercising, eating right, and I was literally fluctuating between 183- 181 for almost 2 months. Then I busted through that and have lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks. I think the stalls are normal and a way for our bodies to adjust (I am not a medical expert, though). It seems like the early ones are simply a biological function and unavoidable. It does seem like after you have a handle on eating & nutrition post-op, you can figure out ways to "shake up" your routine/body and kickstart the loss again. In my case, I was reallllyyyyy tired of the 7 week stall so I got super-duper strict about my calorie intake & walked an extra 20 min each day. It worked!

I'm only 10 days out and I'm just so relieved that so far I am healthy, without major issues and feel reasonable OK for an old gal.

At first I was shocked that I was only eating 2-300 cal a day and not losing weight. How could that be...but then I thought about it and really rapid weight loss isn't good for any body, that's starvation!

And when I read some others stories about the compilations they had right after surgery, well I'm just going to be happy with where I am. And as an experienced person on here told me don't weigh every day. Once a week or even once a month. I can tell when my body has lost weight even when the scales don't show it. I feel it.

Hanging in there!

I decided to jump back on the preop diet for a day and I have no idea if that is what helped, but stepped on scale this morning and it's moving again. Down to 165 as of this morning. So 5 more pounds lost since I made this post. Thanks everyone.

Don't become a slave to the number on the scale.

If you're doing what you are supposed to, eating right and exercising...don't panic! Everyone is different. I've had long periods of time(6+ months) that I didn't lose anything, but I kept doing what I needed and clothes fit differently even if that number on the scale didn't change.

At one point, I even gained about 12lbs...but my clothes weren't tighter, in fact they were still loose.

Just hang in and keep working hard!

If you're doing what you are supposed to, eating right and exercising...don't panic! Everyone is different. I've had long periods of time(6+ months) that I didn't lose anything, but I kept doing what I needed and clothes fit differently even if that number on the scale didn't change.

At one point, I even gained about 12lbs...but my clothes weren't tighter, in fact they were still loose.