Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having a pity party! Wanna join???

I called my doc last Friday to see if they had received my preop labs yet, the final phase prior to scheduling my sleeve. They hadn't received them yet so the nurse called the hospital where the labs were drawn. The lab had been "sitting on them", even though the fax number was clearly circled in red at the top of the page--good thing I called! It really upsets me because I could have actually had surgery last week. Now, I have to wait until, at least, next week because my doc is "not available" this week.

I just need a little encouragement, well wishes, a shoulder to cry on.....

Before you know it this will all be a distant memory. I was sleeved in July and its crazy now to think about all the stressing I did pre op. It's totally worth it so just hang in there.

@@Kellsbells - A week is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of your life. Relax. It will happen.

@@Kellsbells, I hear you - I'm in the same boat right now. I've done all my preop tests (the last one was Saturday) and am now just waiting for the surgical team to get the reports. I called today and my NUT (who works in the same office) "hasn't gotten around" to submitting her notes, nor has my bloodwork arrived yet (taken 3 weeks ago). But I trust that, with a little prompting here and there, the process will go forward

Only a couple of weeks - you're so lucky! I started the ball rolling in September last year and can't even get an initial consult until mid-February. Then I need to wait until early December to get the procedure, when my insurance finally kicks in.

I'd happily swap places :D

I remember feeling rather desperate pre-op ... that surgery needed to happen NOW! And I irritated numerous folks, but mostly myself.

No one feels the need for speed like focused, motivated WLS pre-op patients. So be happy about your energy and focus. You'll be able to harness all that stuff post-op toward your goals.

This really is going to happen. :)

I feel Ya there...I'm very impatient and want everything now lol

Take it easy...said moi who have no patience...Yes the waiting game is a killer. so the surgical supervisor was my best mate...ill call her twice a week just to check in :D and the one day i did not call her...thats the day she called leaving me the best news...your day will come i know it...Good luck!!!!!

I am on hold for BP regulating now all prep done. Trust me push call push again. I had to with each step. Labs n tests take no more than 4d to process over that start calling n pushing. Then verify verify. Last battle I went and got copies in my hand and I delivered them myself just in case

I just remembered. When I was pre-op I had this disastrous sleep study. I didn't have it at the hospital where my sleeve was performed because the out of pocket expense would have been too high for me. I hated the center my study was performed at. I hated where it was located, it was in an area of the city that is all steep hills. Not something a fat person likes. Even the floors drove me crazy. They had this weird chevron pattern that triggered my BPPV (vertigo) so I always arrived out of breath and ready to pass out by the time I got to see the doctor. I am sure I presented as much sicker than I truly was. The sleep study was extremely uncomfortable because I had to sleep on my back. So I'm in an unfamilar bed, in a place that triggers my illness. Wearing a mask that put pressure on my sinuses. I have abnormal tonsils so I don't sleep on my back because my tonsils block my airway. I have to sleep with my mouth open because I have trigeminal neuralgia and my left nostril doesn't work. (Yes I'm in a mouth breather). I was miserable and left at 3am. That mask was starting to cause physical pain and I was dizzy and nauseous from that stupid floor. I had had enough! I asked the tech if she had gotten all the info she needed and went home.

Anyway......

I had already been approved by my insurance. I had my surgery date and just needed to the study in order to go forward with it. I then got a call from the coordinator at my program. The director of the sleep center was trying to have me repeat the study because I didn't stay all night. I was seeing red! I called my sister and vented to her about the things I was going to do to that doctor if my surgery had to be postponed. (Thankfully it wasn't.)

My point is, I get it! Once we decide to go through with this, the waiting game is not fun!

Thanks everyone! I DO feel better, still anxious, but much better!

My son, who was sleeved 3 years ago, said the same thing, sunflowerchild! He said we'll be laughing about it in a month. I can't wait!

OMG, mrs kaje, I can't even imagine! Bless your heart!!! I'll be praying for your strength & patience!

BLERDgirl, what a horrible experience. I'm so glad everything turned out alright for you!

Thanks again & good luck to everyone during this process! We are all very fortunate to be able to do this!!!

I wanted to share that because at first I was like, "what's a week?" Then I remembered how I felt when I was ready to have this surgery.

I hope you get your date soon!

Just got my date...Feb 3rd!!! I'm so excited!! Thanks everyone!

OMG, mrs kaje, I can't even imagine! Bless your heart!!! I'll be praying for your strength & patience!

Had my consult yesterday and got my date! And it's only, ohhh 293 days away. Ha, I thought the wait for the appointment was bad - it was nothing compared to this! (Booked for 8 December).

@@mrs kaje - OMG, I feel so bad for complaining! I just can't imagine!!! I'll pray for your patience!!!