Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Pre-op Diet

Today is day one of my pre-op diet, my second pre-op diet. The first was in July 2013 before my surgery. I had my procedure on 8/9/13 and dropped eighty pounds over the course of a year or so. But I dug myself into a hole. It started around Halloween, or rather it started with Halloween candy which lasted until Christmas Cookies. I've made a few attempts to dig myself out of this hole - adding TRX and kettle bell classes to my usual spin classes, but the hole just got deeper and the pounds just increased. I've been having these nightmares of getting back to where I started - morbidly obese at 280 pounds with painful knees and poor endurance and high blood pressure. I'm scared. I can't go back to that, not again. After surgery? How could I deal with that? I have about 7cc in my 14cc band, and I feel restriction. I feel that I lost self-control even with this band. So it's back to basics. I remember the amazement I felt not eating for two weeks and the joy of loosing fifteen pounds. I need to recapture the amazement and joy and self-control. It's been a long time since I've posted here and I'm a stranger to most. But I read and have found support and inspiration from many of you, but I have come to these boards less and less since Halloween. So, thank you all for listening.

Hey, you're here and you're back to wanting it again! That's the start you need. Don't ever give up on yourself. The difference for all of us here is that even though we've tried and failed before, we now know that we have a wonderful tool that is just waiting to be used properly again. That and a supportive community of fellow travelers who know the deal. That and a doctor and a NUT who want your success. All that makes it different and a bump in the road. Stay connected here, keep posting, use the tools, and before you know it, that old enthusiasm will be back. Glad you posted. We all have ups and downs but the only failure is giving up. You got this!

(((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))) This is for everyone starting over or starting this am like I did. Everyday is a new day!YOU are worth all the measuring and record keeping. Play your favorite song and dance to it! What an awesome sunset! It is a sugar free dessert! Just got big hugs and kisses from 2 little grand kids that I played on the floor in kinetic purple sand with. I actually sat on the floor and got back up. Woohoo... it is all paying off! PTL!

Use your fear as motivation. I know what you're going through as I did just what you're afraid of. I am back on track now and with just a fifteen pound loss so far I am already feeling better. And now it's the weight loss I crave more than the sweets. I was in a very bad place for a while but getting my resolve back has been great for me. Oddly reading about others who are going through similar struggles has helped me realize I am not alone. It helps to know others have similar demons. We are in this together and we can succeed. Glad to see you getting back on track.

I fell off routine during Christmas. Working hard now to get back on the losing wagon. Gym Saturday and Sunday. Better eating this week.

I am so pleased that even with a little incorrect eating, I can still get back on the wagon and go down the road I've chosen. I adore my band almost always. Except when it gets fickle

But I'm sticking with this good tool and happy with my choice.

Sometimes it is difficult to see so many people complain about a tool. I'm sorry it didn't work for them, but I don't want to read a lot of negative posts some days. Just me